Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I've tried everything!!!! Please help!

I've read several post and done everything, but I still cant download CC. I have version 4.0.87.006017. I have not played the game for six more or more due to school. I recently reinstalled the base game (new computer)then I bought all the others. I can not install any CC I’ve tried every way reccommended. Please help me!!!! Oh, by the way I did download from the store and they show up fine.

Comments

• Options
    KayleighmartinKayleighmartin Posts: 754 Member
    edited June 2010
    what websites do you download from? i cant get it to work when i download from Mod the sims or TSR but they work when i download from the exchange
  • Options
    psrahmingpsrahming Posts: 55 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I've tried from Mod the sims.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Courier I did that it did not work
  • Options
    SweetCatastropheSweetCatastrophe Posts: 207 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I've downloaded from Peggys and the content shows up great in my game
  • Options
    NavekNavek Posts: 2,038
    edited June 2010
    you need to have a new config file as the old one dont work since the update...
    then your mod/packages folder goes into ea"my docs" NOT ea "prog files"

don't know where new config comes from though
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited June 2010
    I made a guide to help you install cc the new way. Here's the link.
    How-To-Install CC "The New Way" Guide for PC
    I'll be around for a bit if you need help. Good Luck :P
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Blunote I made several attempts to install the resource.cfg but I got an error message telling me that the archive is either unknown format or damaged?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Navek I'll try to locate the link. Thanks
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    psrahming wrote:
    Navek I'll try to locate the link. Thanks
    I gave the link to the new resource.cfg in the tutorial click here.
    To download the NEW resource.cfg file, go to Step 2.
    Choose Save, and save it to the Mods folder.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Blu; I tried the linked in the tutorial I was able to save it but when I tried to run it I got the error message "the archive is either unknown format or damaged". Do I just save it or save and run it?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    psrahming wrote:
    Blu; I tried the linked in the tutorial I was able to save it but when I tried to run it I got the error message "the archive is either unknown format or damaged". Do I just save it or save and run it?

No you can't run it. It's a configuration file. Windows will know what to do with it. Just save it in the folder is all. :wink:
    Needs to look just like this.
    2d6li1c.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Blu; it seems like Thank You is just not enough! Because of your tutorial and additional help I can now download CC. YOU ROCK!!!!!