May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get Meteors to hit?

NokuoroNokuoro Posts: 3,413 New Member
I have had Ambitions for 2 weeks and I have made my sims spend most of their time outside by making them practice skills and searching the galaxy.. But no meteors, no warning information bar..

I have only gotton one meteor strike.. But I was on a friends computer though and not mine...

Has anyone still not experienced a meteor or does anyone know what it takes for a meteor to hit?

Comments

• Options
    CaddylingCaddyling Posts: 243 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Do you have fireproof homestead lifetime reward purchased? Apparently that stops meteors too.
  • Options
    xlilcip15xxlilcip15x Posts: 249 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Hmm... I've been playing ambitions since the day it came out, pretty much everyday (ha, that's a little sad...) and still not been hit by a meteor. I haven't really used fireproof homestead except with a family I played real briefly. I didn't even know about the meteor thing. So... I'd also like to know how! Or maybe it's just up to chance and we've been unlucky (or is that lucky?).
  • Options
    CaOcSimCaOcSim Posts: 715 Member
    edited June 2010
    I don't have it neither, but I have earthquake once...what else we have been missing... :cry:
  • Options
    xlilcip15xxlilcip15x Posts: 249 New Member
    edited June 2010
    What the heck! I never had an earthquake either!
  • Options
    Isabel83Isabel83 Posts: 2,350 Member
    edited June 2010
    I've had earthquakes since I now have a sim in the firefighter profession, but I didn't have a meteor shower until I got a mod for it. I had my sim look through the telescope for 3 sim week without breaks and nothing! I'm glad I have the mod :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I think it comes with the career your sims have, the earthquake comes with firefighter (my sim), so what is the career for meteors?
  • Options
    Sgt_LolcakesSgt_Lolcakes Posts: 49
    edited June 2010
    CaOcSim wrote:
    I think it comes with the career your sims have, the earthquake comes with firefighter (my sim), so what is the career for meteors?

meteors are with firefighter to if u read the booklet it says firefighter save the town from natural disasters
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    CaOcSim wrote:

meteors are with firefighter to if u read the booklet it says firefighter save the town from natural disasters

thanks, now I'm gonna have to read the booklet. :lol:
  • Options
    tilatequilaismtilatequilaism Posts: 819
    edited June 2010
    CaOcSim wrote:

Thats wrong meteors are completely random and have nothing to do with the firefighting proffesion, earthquakes on the other hand are completely opposite they only happen when level 9-10 in the fightfighting career, earthquakes will never happen at random :(
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited June 2010
    i have not had a meteor hit yet in my neighborhood and have been playing every day since i got it, but i have had fires in other houses it said there a fire start in a home you can move camera and look, i did do an earthquake tho in the firefighter career. my sims allways out side they have the lovs out doors trait no fire proof house either, but no meteors but i heard they were random.
  • Options
    Sim2BladeSim2Blade Posts: 550 Member
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    bikky1313bikky1313 Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    I just got hit by a meteor....
    Thank GOD i had the death flower on me :shock:
    To get hit, i was in China meditating in the forbidden city. I dont know if thts what triggers it, but maybe tht helped....
  • Options
    4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited July 2010
    Just being out side triggers the meteor, or my favorite case is that i got the mod that increases meteor hits and my sim got hit by a meteor WHILE she was working in the hospital lol. I had to use the resetsim cheat to get her home. (She actually stopped working to go see what was going on)
    i get it every once every few days (real day)
  • Options
    Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited July 2010
    Had my first earthquake today.I was in map view and it started shaking.My sim is almost an elder and has been at the top of the fire fighter profession for at least 2 sim weeks if not more.Still no meteors.
  • Options
    NokuoroNokuoro Posts: 3,413 New Member
    edited July 2010
    ok i got the meteor to hit!!.. i was at this community lot that i made for my sims to stargaze at... about six sims were stargazing when the meteor shadow appears over my sim.. everyone started pointing at it and ducking as it was heading toward them. what triggers it is stargazing or spending a lot of time outside.

and it is random and has nothing to do with any profession.. cuz none of my sims had a job.. they were test sims and the meteor still hit.

But i have never had another meteor to hit ever sense..
  • Options
    juicyoxjuicyjuicyoxjuicy Posts: 117 New Member
    edited July 2010
    My sims was visiting the park (the main one in twinbrook) and TWO meteors hit in less than 2 sim hours. It was ridiculous, she wasn't stargazing or anything!I think it happened because of the mods I had recently downloaded lol
  • Options
    horses99horses99 Posts: 5
    edited January 2012
    I had a huge meteor hit the other day! It happened at completely random so I think I was just lucky there haha. My sim was just at a lot I made and suddenly about a dozen meteors came and hit! It was kind of funny:D haha xx