The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim is invisible!!! Please help me!

My sim, has all of a sudden turned invisible after arriving in Champ Les Sims. I'm not sure how but her picture is invisible, as well as in the family tree and the actual sim is invisble. Though she can still do actions, messages regarding her are invisible as well. I don't know what to do as they are really important. Can someone please help!!! :cry:

Comments

• Options
    cudleybabysimcudleybabysim Posts: 865 Member
    edited June 2010
    Have you tried the resetsim cheat?

Open the cheat box (ctrl shift C) and type resetsim Firstname Lastname
    Ex: resetsim Jace Castle
  • Options
    OhEmGeeYaySimsOhEmGeeYaySims Posts: 1,959
    edited June 2010
    resetSim firstname lastname
  • Options
    Mattyjack1Mattyjack1 Posts: 350 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Okay, I will try that thanks :)
  • Options
    Mattyjack1Mattyjack1 Posts: 350 New Member
    edited June 2010
    i tried it but shes still invisible :(
  • Options
    beaynidSimbeaynidSim Posts: 784 Member
    edited June 2010
    switching between windowed mode and fullscreen, or changing the resolution to another one your monitor can handle seems to always work for me. Mainly the sim just didnt get redrawn right, so you need to force a screen redraw. changing the resolution or switching between fullscreen/windowed mode does this :)

Hope this helps! :)
  • Options
    cudleybabysimcudleybabysim Posts: 865 Member
    edited June 2010
    Hmmm...maybe save and exit the game and then come back into it? Or maybe go to "Edit Town" mode and try that and then play your sim again (though, I don't know if you can go to edit town while on vacation...)
  • Options
    xlilcip15xxlilcip15x Posts: 249 New Member
    edited June 2010
    resetSim doesn't work. changing resolution doesn't work. none of the suggestions on other boards work either.

It seems like this bug is a clash between World Adventures and Ambitions that a lot of people are having. Mostly everyone (including me) has been getting an invisible Sim after a Sim in the same household returns from vacation. So far I haven't seen any solutions that work to fix it. :(
  • Options
    sarasayshisarasayshi Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2010
    I had this happen to a sim last night that was a stylist. I didn't save the game, just quit the game and when I restarted the game she was back to normal.

Today I switched to a different family and noticed the newborn was invisible. She was going to die since no one could pick her up. So I used the testing cheats and made everyone happy. I decided to give her a birthday to see if aging up would fix it. Nope, still invisible. I then had her go and change her hairstyle and still she loaded in the CAS as invisible. I have not tried changing the resolution. Will try that next if she is still invisible on my next restart. This family never traveled outside of Sunset Valley yet either, so its not a WA issue.

invisible-toddler-e1277672847253.jpg

Update: Changing from windowed mode to full screen did not help it. Also resetsim cheat does not help either.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Youtube Channel
    Sim Gallery ID: SimGemini
    Follow me on: Twitter & Instagram
  • Options
    NRaasNRaas Posts: 734 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Google: "EP2: Ambitions - Invisible Sims"

See if that helps you any.

Good Luck. :)