The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I give up

Error Code 13 has turned my game into Error Code He**. I thought I got rid of it, but it came back today, after a week of saving perfectly. I've tried everything, and now I just want to vent.

Thanks EA. Now I get to pay $50 to get this fixed by going to Eek Fraud (Geek Squad). I'm just gonna pay now, because it's better than smashing my head against the laptop. :!: :? :(

Why on earth did they have to change the way the game saved starting with WA??? If it ain't broke don't fix it. Otherwise, you MIGHT break it!

I'm just so mad right now.

Comments

• Options
    xlilcip15xxlilcip15x Posts: 249 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Geek Squad fixes game problems?? :shock:
  • Options
    fs747574fsfs747574fs Posts: 102 Member
    edited June 2010
    lol, I hope so. If not, I guess I'll have to do the *headdesk* thing. I'm so frickin' fed up with this error. :(
  • Options
    FordGT90ConceptFordGT90Concept Posts: 355 Member
    edited June 2010
    Geek Squad would most likely reinstall the game. There's not much more they can do than that.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ahh the old head-to-desk solution, I've come to know it well with this game.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    lol, I hear you.

FordGT90Concept: Ack. that sucks. I don't want to pay $50 just for someone to do that. I'd rather do it myself. Then eventually, those stupid errors would just come back. How pointless.

EA???
  • Options
    wondersueakwondersueak Posts: 963 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I have the same error with CAW. I think EA is too busy going off in lala land where there's no glitches in the game. They probably have big ego's or something and think they have better things to do than fix their own game... idk. Either seems like it to me.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I don't know what their problem is. As for CAW, I tried to download that once, but there was an error (SHOCKER). Then they came out with a patch, I think (shocker again) and by then I wasn't interested. It would be neat to create your own world, but I just know something would go wrong with that as well. Hence your post. So I never bothered to try to download it again. :(

I know EA is busy, I do understand that. But come on...
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I haven't tried CaW either yet because I just assume something will go wrong. Anyway what good is creating a world if I can't play it without tons of problems with the game.

I've seen a bunch of people posting frustrated posts about how the patch for CaW broke it beyond usable..
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    yeah when my CAW was working.. It had glitches. Lakes wouldn't show up in-game, it would just be flat land. If a shadow from a radio tower went over water the shadow would be land instead of water and look like someone put a giant green tooth-pick in the water...

EA needs to put their business (like busy-ness. them being busy. they need to put their busy lol) into fixing games they already have instead of creating new games/EP's
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    And I know that EA would try to blame it on CC and stuff. Well, I'm sure sometimes they're right in doing so. But it's not all from CC; some don't have CC at all and still have problems. And the computer specs. They like to say it's YOUR fault, basically. Well, the laptop I have cannot handle Sims 3 according to the 'can you run it' site, but I installed sims 3 on it anyway, along With some EP's. But this laptop (that cannot handle the game) is NOT the one giving out error code 13, it's the laptop that is up to specs (again, according to the 'can you run it' site). Am I confusing you yet? sorry, lol.

but it's like there's no rhyme nor reason to some of these glitches/errors. and no one from EA will explain them.

• Options
    edited June 2010
    You're right.

I've never used any mods or CC, aside from store content, in my Sims 3 game, ever, and I have a REALLY awesome PC that I built specifically for gaming awesomely. And still had many huge problems with Sims. All other PC games work relatively fine, even games that crush the sims in PC requirements.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    xlilcip15x wrote:
    You're right.

I've never used any mods or CC, aside from store content, in my Sims 3 game, ever, and I have a REALLY awesome PC that I built specifically for gaming awesomely. And still had many huge problems with Sims. All other PC games work relatively fine, even games that crush the sims in PC requirements.
    same, but my computer is a computer that isn't supposed to be able to run sims 3 at all but it does. I mean, it's a 3 GB RAM, 2.3GHz, 32bit vista. Can't get much worse than that can it? (it can but this is a pretty trashy computer). I have games that also crush the sims in pc requirements.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    edited June 2010
    fs747574fs wrote:
    Error Code 13 has turned my game into Error Code He**.

^5

:thumbup:
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    starscrabblestarscrabble Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2010
    fs747574fs wrote:
    And the computer specs. They like to say it's YOUR fault, basically.

The "it's your computer" excuse is weak -- EA is supposed to be a mass market software company, they're supposed to test their software and write code for every common system configuration on the market. I just got my new computer two months ago, intel core i3 with 6 gb ram. Yeah, the graphics are the standard intel but I refuse to believe that all of the sudden since Ambitions this game isn't compatible with Intel anymore.

Their software is buggy as all get out, and was not tested, heck they didn't even test for the Vista / Windows 7 DEP issue for crying out loud! I mean come on, how do you not make your software compatible with Windows?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yeah I've had compatibility issues with my 32 bit Vista. Nothing huge. Just tiny little things that aren't there on my friends XP. But I bet you if I installed ambitions right now(I have the latest patch) it wouldn't work. I may have SUPER DOOPER low system specs, but my game works fine. They seriously need to take the time to TEST THE FREAKING PATCHES before they come out with them. Heck, give 5 free copies to 5 employees with different operating systems and computers with a wide range of specs and EP's, and see what happens! It wouldn't take more than a day! Heck, I could round up all my friends computers, buy a bunch of sims 3 games and EP's and test it with the patches in a few hours!