Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simbot Colours (Images)

So far my Sim has made four Simbots. The first three are the same colours (steel silver), and I have only ever seen pictures of simbots in this colour on the internet. Yet the fourth has a distinctly bronzed look, joints included.
For comparison reasons, here are the two versions.

Silver Simbot
screenshot264o.th.jpg

Bronze Simbot
screenshot321t.th.jpg

Has anyone else come across this or have an explaination? I use no mods but I do use custom content.

Comments

• Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited June 2010
    When you use a mod to recolor simbots- you enter CAS. In CAS there are several EA recolors of the simbots. I can't remember how many there are off hand, but some of them are a rusty one, a silver, a black, and a white one.

I don't know why EA put them in there with no way to reach them.
  • Options
    FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited June 2010
    The color is just random. I have a dark blue/greyish one
    seen here (not the best pic because it's a printscreen one)
    I love the randomness actually. Some things I prefer not to control.

InvisGnome.jpg

Edit: Oh and here is one I found on the net

vid4.jpg
    Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited June 2010
    might be somthing to do with what scrap you use to make them as you can blow up most things for scrap now.
  • Options
    PurplePhoenixPurplePhoenix Posts: 7
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for all your input.
    I really want a black one now lol!
  • Options
    OhEmGeeYaySimsOhEmGeeYaySims Posts: 1,959
    edited June 2010
    MickeyCarltonTheRobot.jpg

This is my simbot.
  • Options
    NiNjahawkzNiNjahawkz Posts: 7,538 Member
    edited June 2010
    Do you have to be high level of inventing to get simbots?
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • Options
    SoupahReoSoupahReo Posts: 2,290 Member
    edited June 2010
    My Simbot, Abel (the name it came with) is rusted and likes to talk to the microwave... So I put it in his bedroom for him.. :wink:

My Sim, George got him through the Lifetime Rewards.. Not sure if that makes a difference, but I bet its random.
  • Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    edited June 2010
    SoupahReo wrote:
    My Simbot, Abel (the name it came with) is rusted and likes to talk to the microwave... So I put it in his bedroom for him.. :wink:

My Sim, George got him through the Lifetime Rewards.. Not sure if that makes a difference, but I bet its random.

Actually, they look shiny and new if invented, rusty if bought through the reward. I had a rusty one, but he died of old age, which I never expected to happen. :(

Edit: Also, this may or may not be true, but I read somewhere that the quality of the life fruit that you use may affect the color, but it's just a rumor.
  • Options
    VongyVongy Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2010
    The first one I built was a normal silver simbot. My second one was dark gray - I figured it was just a gender difference because one of them is male and one of them is female!
  • Options
    CheeezeyCheeezey Posts: 120 Member
    edited June 2010
    My invented simbots have been the default silvery color, and I had perfect life fruit to make them. My inventors (in different towns/games) have each only made one, though. I will have to make another to test.