Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

new games in twinbrook

ok so i made a sim and put them in twinbrook, they died and i went to new game, but in saved games the name comes up as "girl" but if i click that game then the house is empty. if i go to new game and choose a lot, she is still on the map as being there.

and now i chose a family that was already on the map, and i made their family bigger, i went to new game, and the family isnt there, its just the 2 people that it originally started with. so if i go to new game my old saves are not in the game. and it starts the town all over again.

i dont remember any of the other towns being like this. and how to i get the dead girl out of saved games, and how can i get the family im playing with to show up on the map when i click new game, pick a household

Comments

• Options
    TwilightxbTwilightxb Posts: 854 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I have had something similar happen to me when I used a downloaded family but that was before I got ambitions i still dont know what it was
  • Options
    hotamber2003hotamber2003 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited June 2010
    ive never downloaded anything =/ and now one of my girls is floating and i cant get her down and shes about to die
  • Options
    simscapesimscape Posts: 11
    edited June 2010
    Hmmm... just a quick couple of questions:

1. By "new game", are you completely starting a new neighborhood or are you playing off a save copy? A save copy will allow you to start a new game in a sense, but you are starting from where your last save was copied. I've never had this problem, but perhaps your deceased Sim is showing up because your new game is starting while she was still alive?

2. As for the empty house, did you save and quit after your Sim died? If that is the active house when you save and quit, I'm guessing that is where it will take you when you start again. I'm pretty sure in TS2 that wasn't possible, but since the whole town is being "played" along with your currently active house now, the game might drop you back in there so you can then go on to create a new sim or choose a different, existing family.

3. When you made the pre-existing family bigger, did you do it through "Edit Town"? I've split and merged families through this new tool, but it has not made them my active family. You should still use the "Switch Active Household" button for that.

4. Also with this existing family you added to, when you say you went to "new game", are you playing off a copy or a brand new Twinbrook neighborhood? If you edit a family in one save and then go to "new game", this will start your town from how it was shipped with the game. Therefore, any changes you made will not be available there.

5. My best answer for your last question would be to just start a brand new game of Twinbrook from the main menu. This should remove your dead Sim from the neighborhood, and you can re-add your new Sims to the pre-existing family through edit town and then select it as your active household just like you normally would. Have you given that a try?

And of course, you might have just been the victim of some random glitch that is resulting in all this. :( Sometimes things like that happen, and usually cleaning up any out of date mods (if you use any) and doing some other basic maintenance like reseting your The Sims 3 preferences should get your game as good as new! That's worked for me in the past.

I hope this helps you out and I understood what you were asking. With some of the new neighborhood tools that came with Ambitions, I'm enjoying more town flexibility, but it's definitely taking some getting used to. :wink:

ETA: Just saw your last post. Have you been using the testingcheatsenabled tools? Those can sometimes result in strange things happening. However, if you have a floating Sim, try using moveobjects. Occasionally when a Sim gets stuck that can be used to move them to a safe, flat place. If it's happening to different Sims you're playing, I think there is a cheat to reset the Sim/Household to the mailbox out front of your house, but I'm not sure of that command. I don't really use any of them so this is some more guesswork on my part.
  • Options
    hotamber2003hotamber2003 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited June 2010
    i have never used any cheats before.

1. no i am just using twinbrook

2. yes i saved and quit, and if i go to new game, and look at the houses in twinbrook, it shows she is still alive and i never played her

3. no i had my guy marry someone and they had 6 kids

4. i just click new game in twinbrook and it says choose a household or create a sim. but any households i made do not show up, it starts everthing from scratch

5. idk what your talking about lol
  • Options
    simscapesimscape Posts: 11
    edited June 2010
    Well if you're starting a brand new game, that would explain why the Sims you added to the family through in-game birth aren't showing up. A brand new game will start the neighborhood from scratch.

Regarding #5, what I was saying was a brand new game should clear the dead Sim out. She might appear alive in the Sim Bin, but she shouldn't be dead in town. From how I'm understanding what you typed, she still appears in the neighborhood however. Since you created her, she shouldn't be in town. If you had picked her to play and she was included with Twinbrook, that would explain why she is alive and well when you start a new game.

This might be something you should take to the tech help forums. The people there could probably help you figure out if you have a corrupted neighborhood file or something like that.