Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHERE IS TWINBROOK?!

S:twisted: :twisted:So i bought the sims 3 ambitions from the EA site, and downloaded straight to my computer
no i did not download it
i got everything that should come with it.
except the professions and twinbrook
i know "go to drop down menu and it should say Twinbrook"
and ive rebooted my sims and everything.
its not there.
(sorry for all this improper grammar)
its really frustrating because in just riverview or sunset valley
i cannot have a profession
it does say on the computer or newspaper "find job or profession"
YET NO PROFESSION
PLEASE HELP ME

ps. should i just unistall it and buy the real thing?
id like not to though

Comments

• Options
    xoliveyaxoliveya Posts: 44
    edited June 2010
    sorry. i should say
    no i did not download it ilegally

im just so frustrated atm
  • Options
    simscapesimscape Posts: 11
    edited June 2010
    That's really strange, especially (if I'm understanding you correctly) you can find professions in the newspaper. What does it say/what happens when you look for them?

I purchased a physical copy of Ambitions, however I used the EA Downloader for many of my Sims 2 games and never had a problem like this. It almost sounds like you didn't get everything through the download...

Have you taken any mods, etc. out temporarily if you use them? If you have, and you've also tried other common troubleshooting tips, then I would definitely contact EA about your issues. There should be no need to buy another copy of something you already purchased. I will say when I had minor problems with downloading Sims 2 expansions, the EA people I talked to were very helpful and had me up and running quickly. However, experiences vary in regards to customer service. :?

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    you can find professions in the newspaper. What does it say/what happens when you look for them?

see when i am in riverview or sunsetvalley (the only towns i have)
    it says on the computer or newspaper "find job or profession"
    i click it. then it says "jobs"
    thats the only option

and no. i dont really use mods all to much. i downloaded some when i first got the sims two.
    but i havent downloaded since ive had ambitions or adventures
    and i think i should contact EA
    i was just wondering if anybody else had this problem to see if it was an easy fix

thankyou !
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    sda;klfjaslkfjwer

i mean sims 3.
    im sorry.
    my mind just likes to type things inaccuratley. :/
  • Options
    simscapesimscape Posts: 11
    edited June 2010
    Hm, sorry to hear the simple solutions don't work in your case. It's strange that you can see "professions" as something to look at in the newspaper or on the computer, but only jobs show up. I am not the most tech savvy person, but like I said it almost sounds like not all of your game files downloaded properly. :?

But who knows - somebody else around here might pop up who had the same problem and instructions on how to fix it. :)
  • Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited June 2010
    xoliveya wrote:
    and no. i dont really use mods all to much. i downloaded some when i first got the sims two.
    but i havent downloaded since ive had ambitions or adventures

You may not have downloaded any mods since you got WA, but if you have ANY mods for your sims 3 game, you should take them out. It's precisely the outdated ones that are most likely to cause problems. Remove them and clear your caches before starting the game again.

Are you seeing the new Ambitions objects in your catalogs? If not, I would suspect that the game isn't properly installed.

There shouldn't be any difference between the (legitimate) digital copy of the game and the physical disk, so if you really have a licensed copy bought from the EA store or other provider, buying a physical disk is not going to help you.
  • Options
    TreacleSueTreacleSue Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2010
    You have already bought the game, do NOT buy another copy. If your copy is corrupted, EA should either fix or replace it. If you are put off from just getting a replacement download, request a physical copy, it is your right to use the product you bought afterall and to ask for a replacement if yours doesn't work and they can't fix it. If it is the download that is the problem, don't pay twice for the use of one working copy.
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited June 2010
    when you load up riverview or sunset valley the new game adds everything you need to there towns firestation saloon etc, if you are not getting twinbrook or even riverview or sunset valley up dated it may be either cc's or mods that caused it or it didn't instal properly uninstalling and reinstalling might help.