The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DVD drive not reading the game

So the story goes I bought Ambitions when it first came out and played it for about a week. Love the game. Having so much fun with it. Then all of a sudden my DVD drive stops reading the disc. Reads every other game or disc I have just fine. Took it back to GameStop and traded it for another copy. New copy worked for about 3 days and now it will not read in the drive. I dunno if I should get another copy or if this is a bug or glitch with the game. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Options
    Verbaltee99Verbaltee99 Posts: 403 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Hi this happens to me a lot, just restart the computer or after you try it just leave it for a while then try again, that's what I always do when it happens
  • Options
    retroryan1981retroryan1981 Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2010
    Yeah some times that helps. But most of the time it does not. The thing is I shouldn't have to restart my computer or do anything like that. It should just play when I want it to play.
  • Options
    retroryan1981retroryan1981 Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2010
    I got the issue fixed. Kind of a workaround but better than nothing. Contacted EA.com on their live support chat and they verified my code was not working properly and provided me with a download version of the game at no cost. So now when I play I won't have to use the disc at all. Bad thing is I had to uninstall my current version which means I lost my hardworking family and my wonderful house. Guess I get to start again. I was working so hard to get a SimBot too. I will probably choose different professions this time to try them out.