The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just discovered something!

my sim went to the consignment store and bought a 'miner' which is a large tool used to dig. I placed it on her lot and she started digging; she found a few gems one of which is a new gem called 'fluorite' and is a blueish/aqua colour, she also found some scrap. After sim hours of digging a hole which was glowing gold appeared making sounds, I had her 'investigate' the hole and she went inside, turns out it was a tunnel. She was in there for hours exploring and a pop came up saying "Jennifer saw a little white rabbit running into a hole but decided not follow it as that nonsence is for idiots (or something like that)" I thought it was pretty funny :lol: she eventually came out and another message came up saying "she could better explore all the wonders down there if she had high enough logic and body skills" .....so anyone else find this? I thought it was pretty cool
My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'

Comments

• Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited June 2010
    :( *sigh*

• Options
    HarleyQuinnHarleyQuinn Posts: 950 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I saw someone else mention this earlier today. They also said something about their sim finding another civilization but they could only get to it if they were skinny enough to fit through the hole (and they were as skinny as they could get)
    I also think they mentioned something about their sim being charred when they came out? lol
  • Options
    Isabel83Isabel83 Posts: 2,350 Member
    edited June 2010
    I didn't find a miner but my inventor made one. It's cool, I like it :) I managed to find a pink diamond which will help when I make a simbot!
  • Options
    billydillybillydilly Posts: 577 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Yea I have done this a few times now.
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited June 2010
    they need high skills to better explore, well Im off to build my sims skills and see what wonders there are down there :)

• Options
    DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for the tip on the specific skills needed to explore further.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited June 2010
    Hmm, my inventor sim has high logic skill but no athletic. I wonder if it's an either/or thing becuase I've explored a half dozen holes and haven't got a message about skills.
  • Options
    blueflame17528blueflame17528 Posts: 1,937 Member
    edited June 2010
    Ahh cool I can't wait to do this! I just started on an inventor, but I think she'll have to wait to do some heavy exploring until her toddler ages up :/

Haha I don't know why, but no matter what kind of sim I end up making I always give them babies. I think I have a problem XD
  • Options
    aquila89aquila89 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited June 2010
    My sim found a new metal when they were carving a sculpture out of stone, it was called woohooium or something similar. I love the little things that the developers put in to surprise us!
  • Options
    MissJennaKateMissJennaKate Posts: 10,778 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Wowwwww! I wanna try this right now! :D

Ohhhh and maria_loves_alex thank you so much for the gift, I sent thanks out on the gift thread to you but unsure if you got it. Really like it! I would gift back but only have 30 simpoints to my name, nothing on youre wishlist is that much!
  • Options
    ace101525ace101525 Posts: 172 New Member
    edited June 2010
    The cavern made by the miner is like a rabbithole version of the time machine the only difference is that you don't get a child randomly and cannot do a woohoo down the hole. It does let you unlock some caveman outfits. If you don't unlock an outfit you return home charred.

It also can be made as a quick tunnel to another part of town just as long that there is another hole there.

I also read that some one used it besides the police station to free a jailed sim.
  • Options
    CashingTheFameCashingTheFame Posts: 3,737 New Member
    edited June 2010
    LOL!
    Alice In Wonderland much?

ironically, there's a bunch of wild white-ish rabbits running around my house.
    I should follow one and see If I can find a hole.
    o.o
  • Options
    retroryan1981retroryan1981 Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2010
    One of my Sims is an inventor and I had the miner make a hole right out side of my house and another hole at the cemetery, now I have a tunnel from one hole to the other. Makes it a fun new way to travel.
  • Options
    Peggy1945PlyPeggy1945Ply Posts: 80
    edited June 2010
    Different things are happening all the time. With this EP who knows what next will happen.
  • Options
    wishinstonezwishinstonez Posts: 448 Member
    edited June 2010
    That sounds hilarious xD

I've drilled multiple tunnels...but I can't explore any of them :( All I can do is fill it in and name it.