The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who has pre-ordered Ambitions from GameStop and is having it sent to your local GameStop Store?

Who has pre-ordered Ambitions from GameStop and is having it sent to your local GameStop Store?

I've done this, and as you know, Ambitions comes out in 1 day. I checked my account and it still says "open" meaning it hasn't shipped yet. I called my local GameStop store, and they said they would have Ambitions on June 1st. That June 1st is the street date for the game.

With that said, what should I do about my pre-order?

I'm of course going to my GameStop store tomorrow to ask, but what do you think will happen?

Will I buy the game on tuesdday and have my pre-order cancelled, or will I actually get my pre-order? hmm....

Comments

• Options
    MoryrieMoryrie Posts: 85 New Member
    edited May 2010
    You should get it shipped, or be able to pick it up at the Gamstop easily enough.
  • Options
    jjroses12jjroses12 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Gamestop will charge you when you pick it up. At least thats how it has worked for me in the past. They get a printout of who has preordered it (for pickup at their store) and order that many plus a few extra for those who didn't pre order it.
  • Options
    retroryan1981retroryan1981 Posts: 171 Member
    edited May 2010
    I pre-order everything from GameStop. They usually do not get their items for sale shipped out to them until the day they are doing to sell it. Of course the exception is a really big game like BioShock 2 or GTA 4. Anyways they usually get a UPS or FEDex order in the morning and make the calls to the different people who pre-ordered. Saying come on down and pick it up.
  • Options
    wiccanravyn639wiccanravyn639 Posts: 170 New Member
    edited June 2010
    jjroses12 wrote:
    Gamestop will charge you when you pick it up. At least thats how it has worked for me in the past. They get a printout of who has preordered it (for pickup at their store) and order that many plus a few extra for those who didn't pre order it.

I know I'll have to pay for it when I pick it up. I had it sent to my GameStop store so I did't pay shipping. Kinda like Wal-mart's Site to Store online order system...

I called them today and they said they had boxes of the games in their back room. After I got off the phone with them, I got a text from GameStop saying that I would be able to pick up my game in the store tomorrow.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited June 2010
    I pre-ordered it there a while ago. I got a robo call yesterday telling me it would be available tomorrow. So my plan is to pick it up after work this morning (half day workday) and install it as soon as I get home. Hopefully, a patch will be available by then so I can play right away.

cyn
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8