Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New idea for story telling....debt...life challenges...

I think that creating the option to attain debt and have life challenges, would give the game numerous new options for story telling. As in real life, when you have the option of "credit" our sims would be able to purchase their dream car, dream home, or remodel and pay off the debt over time. And just like real life if you fail to pay a payment, they repo. items from your home to satisfy the bill.
(I can elaborate on how credit can be an added bounus if people are showing intrest in this topic)

In real life we encounter challenges, forclosure, lawsuits, medical bills, exc. I feel that these should be incorperated in the game as well.

Example:
If the player is in the medical field. At a few points in their career,
have a box pop up and ask the player to make a decision (maybe 3
options)one with a positive outcome, one with a $10,000 fine from the
hospital board for mis conduct, and one where the sim is sued for
malpractice ending in $50,000 settlment and a suspension or termination.

**Based on the choice the player makes, thier sim could be left in
finacial ruin causing them to have to rebuild their sims life. This would
be even better if my idea of credit is applied. Then you would have to dig your sim out of debt in a new career or work your way back up.

We would be able to create a rags to riches type of story. It would be even better if we had an OFB EP in the future! Then you could start your own buisness and use debt to buildyour company.
I look forward to seeing your responses.

Comments

• Options
    KimmybarrKimmybarr Posts: 275 Member
    edited May 2010
    Are you saying you want towrite a story based around debt/credit?

Or an idea for better gameplay?
  • Options
    byrleys1byrleys1 Posts: 126
    edited May 2010
    Its an idea for gameplay. To make the game more challenging.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Aaaah OK.

As with a lot of other new ideas which would make the game so much better, the big problem with your idea would mean that the age cert on the game would have to go up to 18, therefore cutting out a lot of the sims3 main players :)

Good idea though.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Why would it have to go to 18? The sims 2 vacations had a similar idea. When you went on vacation you could spend as much as you wanted. When you left they sent a bill to the house and would take everything you owned. Its the sameconcept, just instead of one large bill,have several smaller ones spread out over time.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    If you are on about being able to call up for credit to remodel your house.... it's a completely different concept.

Why not introduce credit cards? Another great idea but again, gameplay would have to be certified at 18. You can't get a credit card or finance in UK til then.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Running up outrageous vacation bills isn't the same concept? So we can teach the youth of the world that on vacation itsok to run up bills you can't pay, but in real life you can't? Please.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm not EA, therefore I can't answer for EA. I was simply posting my opinion.

And in my opinion creditcards and finance etc is a great idea.

But I can see why this may never happen.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    and this is what i was looking for. a discussion about "will it work/wont work". Thank you for your comments.