Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pink Gem

Hey guys.

Today, I thought i'd do a little collecting. Gems to be precise. I got 90% of them gems before I started today, and I didn't know which one I needed, so I just collected any of them. I thought it might be the ultra-rare Pink Gem. And I was right.

I've collected every single type of gem today, apart from the Pink Gem. I cleared the map 4 times of Gems and Rocks today (was using the Collection Helper), and I cannot find the Pink Gem.

Does anyone know where it spawns? I've got the guide, but each time I goto the locations it says it spawns, there is NEVER a Pink Gem there. :\

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    SailorDhSailorDh Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's behind the sports arena in the trench between the fishing spot.

Look in the bushes rare spawn i've only seen it once.
  • Options
    EiliiaEiliia Posts: 92 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You mean the pink diamond? I found it around Crystal Springs, which is where a lot of people have said they also found theirs. Now I'm stuck looking for the rainbow gem =/
  • Options
    Proverb87Proverb87 Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited June 2009
    I have not found one either. I have six of every other gem (1 in each cut), and have not found the pink diamond yet. My son found his rummaging through trash cans.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Are there 10 gems total? If there are then I only have 1 more to find. So far I have:

Pink diamond
    Tanzanite
    Ruby
    Luminorious gem
    Emerald
    Yellow sapphire
    Smoky quartz
    Diamond
    Blue topaz

That leaves only the rainbow one right?
  • Options
    two2cairnstwo2cairns Posts: 294 Member
    edited June 2009
    My sim found one while exploring the catacombs. That's the only one I've found.
  • Options
    BosheaBoshea Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes you're only missing the Rainbow gem Eiliia. The gems that spawn at each point seem to be completely random so find any of the Extraordinarily Unusual can happen anywhere. Bugs didn't seem to be as bad but Rainbow gems, Pink Diamonds, and Plutonium seem to be very hard to find. Some people following a Journalism career path have had good luck finding those items while rummage in trash.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Boshea wrote:
    Yes you're only missing the Rainbow gem Eiliia. The gems that spawn at each point seem to be completely random so find any of the Extraordinarily Unusual can happen anywhere. Bugs didn't seem to be as bad but Rainbow gems, Pink Diamonds, and Plutonium seem to be very hard to find. Some people following a Journalism career path have had good luck finding those items while rummage in trash.

Thanks very much =D

I looked forever for it yesterday but no luck. Guess I'll have to keep trying.
  • Options
    Arturius27Arturius27 Posts: 1,541 New Member
    edited June 2009
    A very good place to look is around the criminal building.

I found a pink gem and 3 rainbow gems there

Hope that helped :wink:
  • Options
    boneys62boneys62 Posts: 235 Member
    edited June 2009
    I've had Rainbow gems and Plutonium from behind the criminal warehouse (foregot the name :S) but can't find the pink anywhere
  • Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited June 2009
    I have found several Rainbows (don't remember where) using several different sims. NEVER have I seen the elusive pink diamond tho! I did find a humongous meteorite rummaging through the trash tho. After I evaluated it, it was worth almost 16,000 simoleans!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Eiliia wrote:
    Are there 10 gems total? If there are then I only have 1 more to find. So far I have:

Pink diamond
    Tanzanite
    Ruby
    Luminorious gem
    Emerald
    Yellow sapphire
    Smoky quartz
    Diamond
    Blue topaz

Isn't the luminorious gem the same as the rainbow gem? I have all listed except the Pink Diamond and have 90%.
  • Options
    A1fanaticaA1fanatica Posts: 47 New Member
    edited June 2009
    How do u find these gems? Do u have to be a certain type of sim or anything? I've never seen anything while playing, but haven't been looking. Are there special interactions? x
  • Options
    BosheaBoshea Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    A1fanatica wrote:
    How do u find these gems? Do u have to be a certain type of sim or anything? I've never seen anything while playing, but haven't been looking. Are there special interactions? x
    Look for rocks on the ground. They'll either be gems, metals, or space rocks. Collection helper makes them easier to see.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Proverb87 wrote:
    Eiliia wrote:

Pink diamond
    Tanzanite
    Ruby
    Luminorious gem
    Emerald
    Yellow sapphire
    Smoky quartz
    Diamond
    Blue topaz

Isn't the luminorious gem the same as the rainbow gem? I have all listed except the Pink Diamond and have 90%.

I'm pretty sure it isn't, because with my other sim I believe she found one specifically called a Rainbow gem that kinda looked like the Luminorious gem but it wasn't the same thing.
  • Options
    SailorDhSailorDh Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Rainbow gem spawns near the two big rocks on the road leading out of town.
    Across from a vacant lot.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Eiliia wrote:
    I'm pretty sure it isn't, because with my other sim I believe she found one specifically called a Rainbow gem that kinda looked like the Luminorious gem but it wasn't the same thing.

OK, thanks!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SailorDh wrote:
    Rainbow gem spawns near the two big rocks on the road leading out of town.
    Across from a vacant lot.

In Sunset Valley?
  • Options
    A1fanaticaA1fanatica Posts: 47 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Boshea wrote:
    Look for rocks on the ground. They'll either be gems, metals, or space rocks. Collection helper makes them easier to see.

Ok thanks Boshea x
  • Options
    LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I found my pink diamond in the catacombs! I was thrilled to find it, and I'm so glad I did. I haven't had any luck with the rainbow gem, though.
  • Options
    Vr2lroseVr2lrose Posts: 80 New Member
    edited June 2009
    no luminous and rainbow are different. i got 2 sims hunting gems one has pink one has rainbow they both have all others. look for rock formations of all sorts. and wide grassy fields.

Gullys and sudo paths sometimes have em also but almost every place ive found rocks you can identify from town view due to an obvious turrain landmark.

Also rock placement is random.
  • Options
    Ellie_215Ellie_215 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm sending my Sim on a massive gem hunt right now, lawl! :lol: so far she's found diamonds, ruby, smoky quartz, gold and palladium? which i've never found before :shock:
  • Options
    RawrKiddoRawrKiddo Posts: 2,555 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I found the Luminorious Gem in my back yard XD