Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

He takes her name?

So i created a sim girl and added her to household. she fell in love with the guy i had there, they married and had 2 kids. i am just noticing now, he has her last name and so do the kids. Why dont the sims who move in and marry have the families last name?

Also i heard you can change a name at city hall but when i clicked on city hall there is no option to do that.

Comments

• Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited May 2010
    I'm not sure about why he took her name. As for the city hall name change, you have to be there at 9am to change your name I believe.
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    AvengerAvenger Posts: 980 New Member
    edited May 2010
    The last name is determined by who proposed marriage. Obviously your female Sim proposed to the male and that's why he has her last name.
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited May 2010
    If he ask her to marry, she will take his name. If she ask him to marry, he will take her name.

Go to city hall during normal business hours.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    Sandy0038Sandy0038 Posts: 1,430 Member
    edited May 2010
    Can i change their last name and the kids last names?
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited May 2010
    Agrees. The name is passed down through marriage proposals. Did the girl propose the marriage or did the guy?
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited May 2010
    City Hall changing name time is M - F from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Don't think you can change a baby's name, but I think it is toddler on up. The kids don't have to be there at City Hall, only an adult has to go.
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited May 2010
    You can change first and last names of everyone.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    randommermaderandommermade Posts: 1,372 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Is there anything the city hall cant do.
  • Options
    kingdomfaeriekingdomfaerie Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    how did you even get them to get married??? I have my two people in love and i cant figure out how to make them get married...the option for propose isn't anywhere!!! HELP!!!
  • Options
    Sandy0038Sandy0038 Posts: 1,430 Member
    edited May 2010
    I had the option to propose, then had the option for private wedding in which that is what i chose. I guess their relationship score needs to be so high before the option becomes available.
  • Options
    BennjoonBennjoon Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited May 2010
    how did you even get them to get married??? I have my two people in love and i cant figure out how to make them get married...the option for propose isn't anywhere!!! HELP!!!

Are they girlfriend and boyfriend? If they are then it will only come up after you have done alot of romance actions. Thier 'friend' bar with thier lover needs to be at the top also I believe.

If they aren't GF and BF you need to wait until the option 'propose going steady' turns up again after alot of romance actions. Be careful you don't do the same one or the sim will get 'creeped out' rofl