Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stonybrook Cottage

ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
This is a flip of Anidenari's lot called "Bottom of the Barrel". It is now the top of the heap! A cozy stone cottage nestled in the woods with a fishing pond, mature garden and a lovely ocvered patio and bbq area that my sim could not keep away from..she ate all her meals out there. :D 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, $55k on 30x40 lot size.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2293285

th_Screenshot-9.jpg

Here is the "before"

Screenshot-172-1.jpg

And some "afters"
Screenshot-57-4.jpg
Screenshot-35-6.jpg
Screenshot-40-4.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Simmersaurus_RexSimmersaurus_Rex Posts: 3,021 New Member
    edited April 2010
    You did a beautiful job! I definitely can't tell it was the same house. I really like the colors you used for the kitchen. It's rustic, but not too rustic. :D
  • Options
    fieryfemalefieryfemale Posts: 1,593 New Member
    edited April 2010
    wow Ruthless what a beautiful transformation. Everything about it looks so cosy and I love the exterior.
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited April 2010
    Daww, it's so cute!!
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    Sugar_And_SparklesSugar_And_Sparkles Posts: 979
    edited April 2010
    Wow! You've really outdone yourself this time :d I adore the exterior, the shape, and walls, and the interior of the kitchen :D Dl'd and rec'd

Oh, and, never got a chance to tell you, I love your ' Beyond the Box ' tutorial/guide :D
  • Options
    SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited April 2010
    Ruthy back to her bestest! Gorgeous exteriors as always. The stone is perfect and goes wonderfully with the planting in the gardens. You always managed to work your roofs brilliantly and get the to suite whatever the buiild you are working on is.

The interiors have that special and unmistakable Ruthless touch! :D
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    iammypersonaiammypersona Posts: 1,968 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Wonderful job! :thumbup:
  • Options
    FreynasFreynas Posts: 1,289 New Member
    edited April 2010
    My “wow”, was a very spontaneous and surprise “wow”, looking at the after picture. Don’t ask me why, because I know how spectacular your buildings are. This building is just perfect, in size, color, everything. Thank you, I’ll download it for sure and my Sims will be very happy living in this house. a rec for you.
  • Options
    zanysazyzanysazy Posts: 2,210 New Member
    edited April 2010
    :mrgreen: cuteee
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi Ruthless
    First word that come to mind is enchanting. Wonderful work rec'd and fav. :thumbup:
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited April 2010
    If I ever build my own house Ruth, I want you to design it. Your builds are pure escapism and absolutely stunning.

Follyfoot has hit the nail on the head, enchanting.

Going to rec :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi Ruth! Wow what a flip! Your lots are always so adorable! Very eye catching! Love the stone and wood combination! Lovely garden! That kitchen looks great! Very cottagy! Like the fact that you have chosen brick and wallpaper! Goes very well together! Brilliant as always Ruth! Already recommended your lot! :thumbup:
  • Options
    SpinTheMoonSpinTheMoon Posts: 417 Member
    edited April 2010
    Gorgeous flip! I love that kitchen!! Rec.
  • Options
    Bamafan15Bamafan15 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Wow Ruthless. You continue to amaze me with your talent!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You did a beautiful job! I definitely can't tell it was the same house. I really like the colors you used for the kitchen. It's rustic, but not too rustic. :D

Thank you! I did want the rustic homey look but not too primitive, so it sounds like I might be in the right area. I appreciate the feedback. :D
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited April 2010
    This is a beautiful cottage, made even more so when you look at the before picture. It reminds me of a Thomas Kinkade painting, truly charming.

*downloads and recs*
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Stunning flip Ruthy! (as always :mrgreen: ) The exterior is super adorable with a magical feel to it. Truly a picture perfect cottage. The kitchen is beautiful, full of rustic charm. Love the evening shot btw. Off to rec!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thank you Fiery! I can totally see some of your simmies living there, too. :D

Evergreen: thank you for popping in! :D

Sugar: I am so happy that you liked it...and its wonderful to hear that you enjoyed my tutorial. I am actually thinking about a new one on roofs.

Sparkle: awww...you are so sweet! Thank you for the constant support. :D
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited April 2010
    This is 'adorableness' all wrapped up in pocket sized lot! Wonderful Flip Ruthy, I had a busy weekend and wasn't able to have a good look at this but now I do, its just lovely. I adore the rustic kitchen, its evokes a feeling of frozen time, if that makes any sense lol! I LOVE the stone work, will we possibly see more stone based cottages form you as that would be great?

Fabulous and rec'd! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    edited April 2010
    I'm sorry for drooling all over the place in your last thread, but I'm afraid it's just gonna happen again. Your houses are too good! I can easily imagine this being the Woodcutter's cottage from Little Red Riding Hood - it would look perfect tucked away in a forest. :)

Not recommending this would be a sin... (well, almost). :P
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Iammy: why thank you! :D

Freynas: You are so sweet! I hope you enjoy playing it...I plan to use it myself in my own game...although I wish I could have fit another bathroom in there..but when I tried, it just threw off the proportions.

Zany: Thank you so much. :D

Folly: thank you...I do love that aesthetic so you could not pick a better word to make me happy. :-)

Bluebell: lol...unlike in real life, here in the sims we can see what an idea looks like pretty fast...and if it doesnt look good we can trash it just as easily. :D
  • Options
    TfbobTfbob Posts: 747 Member
    edited April 2010
    This is another perfect build from you, Ruthless! I really like the combination of the siding and the stone on the outside and your color choices are spot on, as usual. A rec from me! TFBob
  • Options
    BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Ruthy, this has to be one of the cutest cottages that I've ever seen! Your interiors are just to die for...I love how you are able to pull everything together so well to create just the perfect space! Lovely!! :D
  • Options
    SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited April 2010
    ruthless wrote:
    Sparkle: awww...you are so sweet!

Me? Sweet? NEVER!!! :P
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    Zin779Zin779 Posts: 988 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hi Ruth hun love0004.gif

Amazing!!..
    You did a beaut job on the place..
    Hope you are keeping fine there... & a rec for ya

lots Of Love
    Z
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited May 2010
    Ruthy! It's so cute! Just the right amount of rustic charm. I love it. You are such a good builder. How do you not ever make a crappy lot? :lol: Not that I want you to or anything!!! :shock: Just sayin! Dl and rec!