Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spectrefiend National Park and Bushland. *Now with working link!*

SpectrefiendSpectrefiend Posts: 129 New Member
I posted this in the wrong spot so I've made a seperate post (sorry if you've already seen it) I'm just after some constructive critisism :D

This is my entry to "Fidlerten's Park Challenge".

Screenshot-67-1.jpg

Screenshot-65-1.jpg

Screenshot-66-1.jpg

Link to the full Slideshow

Link to the Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2301651 - Thank you Garbuckle. (This works now! :lol:)

-Spec :wink:

Comments

• Options
    garbuckle3000garbuckle3000 Posts: 1,840 New Member
    edited April 2010
    That is some pretty amazing work. The attention to detail is mind-blowing :D
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi Spectrefiend, Your park is awesome! The landscaping is really AMAZING! This park is a nature lover's dream! Love the mountainous area, the eating area, the iron arch, the different stairways and the pond area! Brilliant! It is a pity that it is not in the exchange! I cannot recommend.
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Brilliant work, super landscaping! :D I LOVE the use of you terrain paint and I can see this too along time to put together with all the landscaping and planting.
    My only crit would be the straight cliff faces look a bit harsh where it stretches the rock pattern, perhaps they could have been slightly softer and some rocks embedded into them.. BUT seriously I love this.

Please post more view pics on the thread as you simply cant appreciate the amount of work in this lot from those 3 alone and many people won't go through the slideshow. :wink:

Wonderful, also wish I could rec it! :mrgreen:

In fact I should be able to pop some on for you in this post, hope you don't mind!

MORE PICS FROM SPECTREFIEND"S PARK

Screenshot-77.jpg"height=450""width=600"

Screenshot-76.jpg"height=450""width=600"

Screenshot-75.jpg"height=450""width=600"

Screenshot-90.jpg"height=450""width=600"

Screenshot-82.jpg"height=450""width=600"

Screenshot-88.jpg"height=450""width=600"

• Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited April 2010
    AMAZING job on this one, it looks so natural and real! Love how you have used the terrain paint, and all the bushes makes it look just like a natural park! Would have rec'd it if I could, no doubt!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thank you all very much for the nice words, I definately appreciate the fact you noticed the details I have tried to add. I have never been able to upload anything to the exchange bar one lot, even though I dont think any/most of my lots would become "Featured" it would be nice though to have it as an option :?

Garbuckle: Thank you sir, I try my best :)

Yanti: Such kind words, especially coming from you guys.. makes me extremely happy heh, thank you. Btw, I honestly did love your Park entry it was also what alerted me to the fact there was such a competition.

Allium: Thank you very much! Really glad people enjoy the effort I put into it. I infact only had 4 days to complete this so I could enter the Competition so there are some things I wouldve liked to fine tune, 1 being the cliff faces. Going through and adding more of my pics... I don't mind one bit, but I can't believe you'd go through the effort for someone else, that's extremely nice of you, thanks again BTW I am sorry I am no photographer :oops:

Linday: Thank alot! I had a feeling most people for the Challenge would infact go with a more "Fancy/Upmarket or Botanical Gardens" look/feel for their builds. I have spent a very long time here in Australia walking, playing and eventually working in our Parks so.. it felt more "at home" to me, I'm very happy to hear people enjoy the Natural style

PS: Sorry to get a little carried away with some responses hehe.
  • Options
    MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited April 2010
    Spectrefiend. Love your park! Agree with a couple other observers, it looks very realistic with the landscaping and terrain paints. Have seen many camping areas out here in the western U.S. that look very similar to your work here. Great attention to detail! I would sooo camp here. Off to recommend!

Edit: Oops I forgot I can't rec. Consider it rec'd good sir!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Cheers Mark, again, I appreciate the fact that you can see the detail and most importantly, like the Park heh and thanks for wanting to Rec. :wink:
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Updated with an actual download, thanks to Garbuckle! Enjoy.
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I wanted to rec as I was so impressed with this and Congrats on the win too!

But the link says it is no longer available :(
  • Options
    MSMcNeelySimsMSMcNeelySims Posts: 1,283 New Member
    edited April 2010
    So lovely!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ok, the link is working again so download and rec if you would like :D

Your Sims now have a tranquil park to go play, explore, relax and enjoy - All thanks to Garbuckle3000 !

• Options
    BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I loved your entry for Fid's challenge and now I can finally tell you how beautiful I thought it was since the judging is over! You really did such an outstanding job on it. As I was walking through the tour, it really felt like this was a real place. All of the areas that you created...everything came out so well! You really are highly talented! It is nice to see such beautiful parks created! I hope we see more entries from you for Fid's upcoming challenges! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wow.. far too kind Breanne :oops: Thank you so much. Very happy to hear you enjoyed the tour. Can't go wrong impressing one of the judges ^^ (FYI - your cheque is in the mail :wink: )