Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Almost no one's works right? Hmm, does this MEAN something?

When I started to play The Sims 3, I got the impression that it worked perfectly. The video in the beginning looked exactly like the videos on this website: crystle clear and pretty. Create a Sim was a little worse (looked like The Sims 3) but I was okay with it. I went to play, and I was shocked. It was choppy, slow, and all the creative detail I put into my sims were down to primary colors. In fact, it was so blurry that I couldn't even see eye color :!:

And I'm not the only one with problems! The Sims 3 has been out for two days and there's already almost 100 pages worth of forums. I think, but of course, I'm not sure, that this means there's something wrong!

I was really looking forward to this game, and after seeing how other people's works, I'm glad I can even play. But as of right now, I'd rather play The Sims 2 than this. Because The Sims 3 is The Sims 1 with people being able to ride bikes around town.

Comments

• Options
    Targ999Targ999 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited June 2009
    With any new game there will come a large number of people with older computers that people expect will handle even the newest games without a problem. This is why there are so many posts about problems. If you could still buy the old 1972 VW bug as a brand new car with the 80HP engine, you would hear people complaining about problems going up hills or trying to go faster than 55 miles per hour too.

Now, if you are having problems, the first thing you should do is check out the FAQs at the top of the tech forum and post your DXDiag information so we can help you find out what is causing your problems. It may be something minor that we can help with, or it may just be that your computer is too old to run a new game well.

Always remember, there is a reason that $350 computers sell for that cheap, and $1500 computers sell for that price. If you buy a more powerful computer, it will almost always provide a better experience. Even if your computer cost $1500 five years ago, the current value may be down into the $400 range compared to what else is out there today. Or you may just need to buy a new video card...
  • Options
    marlowjustmarlowjust Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Just for the record I have the highest priced model toshiba they offer bought last year and the game still crashed when encountering a video scene. (everything else works fine) so its not just the cheap and old computers having problems.
  • Options
    serenity2133serenity2133 Posts: 931 New Member
    edited June 2009
    What graphic card do you have though? If its just a chip thats factory...chances are it won't work too well. I have a fast computer, but the on board graphics chip they put in it is crap. I upgraded my graphics card and it works like a charm. I also agree with Targ, you get what you pay for. Companies now adays are putting in the most cheap products just to pass them on to consumers to save them money. I know, because I have even had to upgrade my power supply as well.
  • Options
    Monster79Monster79 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    True, many of us having problems have high end computers. Heck, I can play Crysis on high settings pretty easily and haven't had problems with any other games.
  • Options
    SeshanSeshan Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I was EXPECTING to have problems since I'm on a Mac and well some times some company's don't put as much love in the game for Macs. But I haven't has a single problem. :)

By the sound of the OP's post. You computer is not powerful enough to play the game. What are your specs?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top