Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Gregory Legacy ***Discontinued***

***DISCONTINUED***

So this is my first shot at a legacy. I don't like making stories so I did this instead. I don't like getting all dramatic or "interacting" with the sims that I play with. I just want to give the major details of my story. :D

This is my founder, Madeline.

6eq7wn.jpg

She married a much older man named Kurt Shallow.

mwsepj.jpg

Very soon after the wedding, they had a baby boy who they named Jacob.

2wlqz5e.jpg

Jacob's birthday came very quickly.

2hp36tx.jpg

He grew into an adorable toddler!

2yllpo7.jpg

But right after he grew up, Kurt died! :(

295q1hj.jpg

1057hg8.jpg

5wvvxi.jpg

After Kurt's death, it was really tough to care for Jacob while holding down a full time job.

delppi.jpg

2e4dw7b.jpg

Madeline and Jacob go to the cemetary frequently to visit their beloved husband and father.

24d585h.jpg

Before long, it is time for Jacob's birthday again!

mtqw.jpg

But the birthday cake caught fire and engulfed half of the house!

25f4nwl.jpg

Once new furniture was purchased, it was time to try the birthday party again.

106lf1h.jpg

Jacob looks exactly like his mother!!! :)

65x5s1.jpg

Comments and any feedback are welcome. :P

Comments

• Options
    iammypersonaiammypersona Posts: 1,968 New Member
    edited February 2010
    So when Jacob was a child, Madeline married her best friend/boss, Meadow. Jacob never really cared for Meadow too much so he had little to nothing to do with her.

Now Jacob is a young adult! :)

2vw8kky.jpg

Now that his mother has found a new wife, Jacob has been even more upset that he never got to have a relationship with his father.

iqgcw0.jpg

Unfortunately for Madeline, Meadow died one night as she was sleeping.

2v8fg1y.jpg

Jacob was having VERY bad luck finding a girlfriend but finally found Sadie.

2jev4f5.jpg

Sadie can be downloaded here:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1960135

And Jacob can be downloaded here:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1974648

:)

• Options
    HeyItsTashieeHeyItsTashiee Posts: 172 Member
    edited February 2010
    very nice
  • Options
    fazemanfazeman Posts: 309 Member
    edited February 2010
    Great story and Legacy, hope Jacob and Sadie can keep the Gregory/Shallow legacy going.

Suggestions: you could have Madeline,Kurt live longer, you killed them off to soon,or Jacob have a bro/sis.

I like having big famlies - with like 2 - 4 kids
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    @fazeman Yeah, Kurt actually died though. :( I was kind of disappointed. I only had him in my actual household for 4 sim days. Madeline is still alive and lives with Sadie and Jacob. She just doesn't do anything but work. Hahaha I'll be sure to take your suggestions into consideration. Thanks! :wink:

Oh, I added you. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Similar in my Legacy of The Rogers Family - all of first gen and second generation passed away except the youngest Brother of 3 sisters,Jimi Rogers (uncle) lives with his 3 nieces, he is like the father figure of The Rogers Family now so i put the aging off.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok, I had some technical difficulties with the game but now they are straightened out. :) So here goes...

Jacob and Sadie's relationship progressed well and really fast. :-)

ix8as4.jpg

k99poo.jpg

166f50y.jpg

98wp6v.jpg

ddialw.jpg

They got pregnant soon afterward! Sadie immediately starts reading up on babies.

2eg8nsn.jpg

Jacob seems pretty excited too.

kcjn6x.jpg

Old Madeline doesn't do much anymore now that she has aged. The highlights of her day are going to work and gardening. She is excited about having her first grandchild though!

2gsrjoi.jpg

While still feeling excited about the new baby about to be born, both Jacob and Madeline are still very upset that Meadow died so unexpectedly.

2saxrfn.jpg

x5d1mc.jpg

Sadie on the other hand has been ecstatic!

f101ug.jpg

I also caught her in great admiration of her wedding ring.

zumafl.jpg

After an adequate period of time, baby Graham was born!!! :D

wrlzib.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2010
    This is going to be really short.

So Jacob absolutely loves the new addition to the family. He won't leave Graham alone!

24n2oug.jpg

102pjpx.jpg

Although the bump is not visible yet, Sadie is excpecting once again and Graham just had his first birthday. :-)

35c0u80.jpg

He is really cute and he looks exactly like his dad!! :D

2dafuw2.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Noooo Meadow passed on :(, loving the Gregory Family.

Two word for you: Aging Off
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    fazeman wrote:
    Noooo Meadow passed on :(, loving the Gregory Family.

Haha Thanks! It's just Meadow was SUPER OLD when she and Madeline married so I guess death was inevitable. She was one of those sims that was getting in the way too so I didn't mind. Hahaha :-)

I found Jacob on your favorites! Neat! I've never been on someone's favorites before. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Jacob and Graham have a very good relationship. :-)

zt97gh.jpg

Madeline, now a grandmother, is getting pretty old and is slowing down a lot but she is still the handyman (woman?) of the house.

2whfdiv.jpg

2ij2c79.jpg

Sadie, who is pregnant once again, reads up on babies.

11m7res.jpg

She also eats like crazy!

2u7oz8i.jpg

Jacob has become very involved in Jacob. He teaches him all sorts of things.

be5xsw.jpg

30t5408.jpg

Jacob quickly finds out that losing the bills equals the arrival of the repo-man!

1ryv6g.jpg

The baby is coming!!!

2zf7pd2.jpg

It's a new baby girl named Farrah!

1z4d7k3.jpg

Everyone wanted a girl so the whole family was ecstatic when they got their wish.

s2znk2.jpg

5w064h.jpg

rmjrc9.jpg

It's already Graham's birthday!

2zganx1.jpg

oawzlu.jpg

All of a sudden, Madeline dies!!!! It was very unexpected!!

2052vlw.jpg

281c5d2.jpg

20at84m.jpg

Everyone was upset. :cry:

11heb2g.jpg

The following day, it was time for a happier event--Farrah's birthday!

j9c39e.jpg

Farrah has her dad's eyes but the dark hair was clearly a recessive gene. :D

205piq1.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Ok, so Jacob and Sadie's family has dwelled a few changes...

Sadie seems to be the one most upset about her mother-in-law, Madeline's, death.

hwbvpe.jpg

But then Sadie got the opportunity to bring back the ghost of Madeline! She took Madeline's remains to the science lab and got her back!! Sadie, along with the rest of the family, was ecstatic. And now that Madeline is back, she tends to care for Farrah more so than her own parents.

255nerq.jpg

2eyki7o.jpg

Sadie suddenly started getting sick...A LOT!

2wdy3kh.jpg

ifqxpl.jpg

1237gb5.jpg

It turned out that she was pregnant again. :D

537cwo.jpg

While all this was going on, little Graham keeps to himself and does many thoughtful things for his family.

1z3056g.jpg

dziii8.jpg

Sadie starts preparing for her new baby. She goes to the spa to relax and she gets medical advice at the hospital.

ta3abn.jpg

6i5lk0.jpg

Soon enough, it was time for the baby to arrive!

2ylkxh1.jpg

2lswrxs.jpg

There was a huge surprise - it was twins! The whole family welcomed Grayson and Tanner to the family.

2i7761l.jpg

A few days later, it was Graham's birthday.

mtovb9.jpg

Once again, he looks just like his dad. Compare them:

mto1h1.jpg

1zqx934.jpg

Then it was time for Farrah's birthday.

2rh4kxu.jpg

And she looks exactly like...no one! She is still cute though. :)

2qamfdy.jpg

The twins' progress will be up here sometime soon. :P
  • Options
    iheartcarliheartcarl Posts: 370
    edited March 2010
    You have a nice legacy here, I only have one criticism.
    Instead of just kinda listing things that happen, I suggest making it more of a story, adding humor, drama or twists. It just keeps readers more hooked. (:
    Otherwise you're doing fine. The kids are cute!
  • Options
    BritNicHug13BritNicHug13 Posts: 1,453 Member
    edited March 2010
    But that's the reason she started this was because she would much rather play her sims then make them act. I'm doing the same thing.
  • Options
    kiwibaby4kiwibaby4 Posts: 1,936
    edited March 2010
    My favorite picture is grandma spying in the window =D
  • Options
    KyrstenAKyrstenA Posts: 1,893 Member
    edited March 2010
    I really like this :) It's so simple and I like the pictures. I'm bookmarking it
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    But that's the reason she started this was because she would much rather play her sims then make them act. I'm doing the same thing.

Exactly! I just like telling their story. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    kiwibaby4 wrote:
    My favorite picture is grandma spying in the window =D

Hahaha yeah, I thought it was funny too. Sims actually do that too! Yesterday, my sim tried to go out and tell her ex-boyfriend to "stop peeping" in her house!!! I have a picture of it. :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    KyrstenA wrote:
    I really like this :) It's so simple and I like the pictures. I'm bookmarking it

Thanks! I don't really like the unrealistic, dramatic stories so I decided to make mine short and simple. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well, Jacob has been steadily moving up in his career after finally mastering the athletic skill.

2qjyalc.jpg

Farrah and her mother, Sadie, have started to develop a rocky relationship. Farrah is starting to show her rebellious side.

3518xth.jpg

Twins, Grayson and Tanner, have brought lots more work into the house. Everyone must help out.

29p2eeo.jpg

Graham is getting more and more like his dad. Not only is he a carbon copy of Jacob, but he is also starting to take an interest in working out!

edgsh.jpg

Birthdays! Birthdays! Birthdays! It's time for Jacob and Sadie to hit full-on adulthood!

vr3orc.jpg

rvlpvr.jpg

Now it's time for Grayson and Tanner's birthday too! :)

726fsw.jpg

23tfuc5.jpg

Now here is Grayson. He looks a lot like Farrah.

vxhnxv.jpg

And here is Tanner. We have another Daddy's boy!! :shock:

2e0u61e.jpg

Comments and feedback are welcome. :mrgreen:

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Really quick update. :)

Grayson and Tanner are learning really fast.

ams1o3.jpg

Farrah's brithday arrived!

2hr2y5j.jpg

:D
  • Options
    xxxemmasaurusxxxemmasaurus Posts: 666 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I really like this :D ! I would suggest moving this to Wordpress.com! for the only reason that it would be 100x's easier to read :3 you can have pics on it and write, Ect. Its just a Suggestion. If you want a Example of a legacy on Wordpress check out Hugzies.
    http://hugzies.wordpress.com/

Note: I'm not trying to be mean in anyway its just a suggestion!!! + Alot of people who don't want to deal with making a Vid legacy or a Story Legacy use it.. :?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I really like this :D ! I would suggest moving this to Wordpress.com! for the only reason that it would be 100x's easier to read :3 you can have pics on it and write, Ect. Its just a Suggestion. If you want a Example of a legacy on Wordpress check out Hugzies.
    http://hugzies.wordpress.com/

Note: I'm not trying to be mean in anyway its just a suggestion!!! + Alot of people who don't want to deal with making a Vid legacy or a Story Legacy use it.. :?

Thanks for the compliment and the suggestion xxxemmasaurus! :) I have been contemplating the idea for a few days now. I can't decide if I should or not. It seems really complicated. Hahaha :P
  • Options
    Ashley745Ashley745 Posts: 297 Member
    edited April 2010
    fazeman wrote:

Fazeman, that really wouldn't make for a legacy. Since the idea is to go from generation to generation, aging would have to be turned on in order for the next generation to take over. Otherwise, iammypersona would probably still just be on Generation 1 since no one would age. Understand?

Sadie and Farrah turned out to be gorgeous by the way. Out of the current group of kids, Farrah is by far my favorite for looks so far.

And wordpress is actually fairly simple to use once you get use to it. Pretty much, you could just copy and paste what you have posted here into a new blog post and hit publish.
    Check out my stories
    Andrews Legacy (Currently on Gen 3)
    Christy's 100 Baby Challenge
    Robinson Collab Legacy (Currently on Gen 2)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ashley745 wrote:
    fazeman wrote:

Fazeman, that really wouldn't make for a legacy. Since the idea is to go from generation to generation, aging would have to be turned on in order for the next generation to take over. Otherwise, iammypersona would probably still just be on Generation 1 since no one would age. Understand?

Sadie and Farrah turned out to be gorgeous by the way. Out of the current group of kids, Farrah is by far my favorite for looks so far.

And wordpress is actually fairly simple to use once you get use to it. Pretty much, you could just copy and paste what you have posted here into a new blog post and hit publish.

Thanks a lot for your comments and oppinions Ashley745! I actually started my wordpress blog yesterday. It's a lot to get used to (I'm technologically challenged hahaha) but I think I am doing okay so far. I went a lot more in depth with the one on wordpress and it's in more of a diary perspective. I hope others will like it as much as I do. The link is in my siggy if you would like to check what I have so far. Oh, and thank you for the compliments on Farrah and Sadie! Much appreciated. :mrgreen: