Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Features that should be considered in the new EP!

Hey all, just had a thought of some features that should be brought back or added to the sims 3.

-Half-walls (a handy build tool)

-The ability to build split level houses without using cheats

-The ability to be able to create your own fish tanks in walls rather than using the buy mode 2 square fish tank

-A build mode tool that allows you to make split level stairs (so that we can make spiral stairs or l shaped stairs etc.)

-The hidden door (door that looks like a bookshelf) I loved making secret rooms.

Thats all i can think of at the moment, any one else have ideas please let me know, I'm curious as to what other players wish for.

Comments

• Options
    chull_dchull_d Posts: 57 New Member
    edited March 2010
    From what I hear, they have given me absolutely ever feature I've wanted for recently, except for Pets or Seasons, in this expansion. Including natural disasters (of a sort, and it was only an off-hand mention, so maybe not. But way more than I ever, ever, ever expected from EAxis on this.). I have no suggestions or complaints, for once. xD
  • Options
    Xx_SiMMaN_xXXx_SiMMaN_xX Posts: 35
    edited March 2010
    A few more ideas just came to mind:

- The ability to move paintings or windows higher or lower (like you could in one of the sims 2 ep)

-MEMORIES (was fun and realistic)

- Brick back the ability to lock doors

- The Butler (for our rich sims)

- More building tools to help us to architectural designed houses (like the house from heavy rain for example lol)
  • Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited March 2010
    "- Brick back the ability to lock doors"

You can lock doors with world adventures.
  • Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I want them to bring back the ability to import pictures so your sim can paint them.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited March 2010
    The hidden door (door that looks like a bookshelf) I loved making secret rooms.

And what about revolving fireplaces and passageways behind paintings?

Also there could be more servants, for example different degrees of maids, so the current French one would be medium, and does a medium job and has a medium wage. A cleaning lady (you know one of those that wear those blue dresses and aprons) that just does the basic stuff

or you can hire an old fashioned English Housekeeper possibly dressed like this

2425221516_b955e31411.jpg
    (It was difficult to find a picture of a maid that was not indecent in material)

who cleans, cooks, answers the phone and makes sure all the bills are paid. But she costs a fortune.

And what about full time nannies and governesses who take care of the little ones.

My sims have got money to burn so I need to flutter away cash.
  • Options
    Ryan_GalenRyan_Galen Posts: 18
    edited March 2010
    Half walls: Completely agree, though based on the fact Create A Style doesn't work on fencing. It's mostly mostly balancing line of sight and pathing, but it's completely solvable issues.

Memories: Might be too difficult to add to the existing game. It would be nice to have a log of what has been happening to the Neighborhood to cause certain Sims to to change houses while I wasn't looking, but we might be asking for too much.

More Hidden Doors: Revolving bookcases and fireplaces have a certain cool factor, so I can certainly see the value. Biggest issue is that to make it work you'd have to make an object that was a door and object at the same time, and I don't know enough about the back end code to know how difficult that would be.

Otherwise, don't have any ideas of my own, or strong opinions of what has been stated.
  • Options
    HalenHalen Posts: 281 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I dunno I think there's a lot going on in this next EP if they try to do too much we'll end up with too many bugs and a release date of 2020 lol. One thing I DO hope they add that I thought I saw in one of the pictures was adding Robots again. PLEASE LET ME HAVE MY ROBOT ARMY, lol.

Also one thing I'd like to see in this next EP or just like the CAW tool, is an EA official clothing creation tool, or at least the ability to put pictures on clothes
  • Options
    Ryan_GalenRyan_Galen Posts: 18
    edited March 2010
    Great, thinking about robots reminded me of lifestates, so I have to amend my: can't think of anything statement.

Werewolves as a lifestate:
    There are so many ways this could be better with the trait system. A certain pool of traits could be designated as appropriate for a werewolf: when transforming into a werewolf, a Sim would assume a new trait pool. The more compatible their old traits were compatible to the werewolf trait pool, the less chance for negative traits. There could be ambition rewards to change the werewolf traits (while keeping within the werewolf trait pool), creating real swing personalities options for the Sims: loner bookworm by day, athletic party animal by night.
  • Options
    CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    edited March 2010
    I miss half walls,and split level stairs would be great.
  • Options
    Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I want other sims in town to invite my sims to THEIR parties so my sims dont have to keep throwing them lol
  • Options
    Bandit690Bandit690 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I miss half walls,and split level stairs would be great.
    Thats weird cause i could have sworn i ,made split level stairs....
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I must admit, i loved making the robots too, and the secret passages like fireplaces and stuff would be AWESOME.

You can make split level stairs but you have to use cheats and fiddle around too much, annoys me, i want an actual tool to make building split level stairs much easier and better.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited March 2010
    i like some of your ideas but others are already in the game like hidden doors (came with WA) and ability to lock doors
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I wasn't aware of secret doors that look like bookshelves in World Adventures, i know you can make a door that look like a wall, and i also havent noticed that you can lock doors in w/a either lol I'll check that out later on tonight
  • Options
    boneys62boneys62 Posts: 235 Member
    edited March 2010
    I'ld like some new traits or life time rewards such as "never tired" sim never needs sleep etc, even a switch to turn off decay times on some motives so yo can do the things you want and not what you must do, For me i hate sending sims to use the toilet, shower and sleep, I like the fun social and hunger side of things.

Most of all I would like to see a Ep without 100's of bugs, wouldn't mind but sims cant collect them ;-)
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited March 2010
    What about small little features such as:

A buyable and portable ladies compact/mens pocket mirror, so you can change basic cosmetic features such as hair, make up and facial hair if you are nowhere near a mirror on a lot, this could have a primp or gussy up and will give a moodlet boost.

Autonomous revolving fashions (i.e so sims randomly choose one of their 3 everyday outfits every morning), and also wardrobes and armoires, seriously we don't put our good clothes in a chest of drawers where they will get creases. Plus there could be a mirror on the inside of one of the doors so you can change hair and clothes at the same time, making it easier to assign different hairstyles to different outfits.

Custom Work Uniforms for jobs that don't require a set uniform, like business suits, politicians' suits (really green and leopard print? Doesn't leader of the free world have access to a fashion consultant? Or a mirror?) so you can change business jackets and give the option to give females skirts or trousers, have semi custom uniforms with certain jobs so you can change the shoes or the patterns of shirts/trousers/skirts, but lab coats/doctors coats/music technicians overalls still remain uneditable. But of course uniform jobs such as military or police will of course remain uneditable.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    JaiSimJaiSim Posts: 541 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I want them to bring back the ability to import pictures so your sim can paint them.

Agreed 100%. This was one of my favorite things about sims 2 next to memories!
  • Options
    SimNagleSimNagle Posts: 9
    edited April 2010
    Ceeecee3 wrote:
    I want other sims in town to invite my sims to THEIR parties so my sims dont have to keep throwing them lol

It would be fun to get an invite every now and then haha. It could come in your mail and then you could choose to go or not. There might even be a "Party ******" trait they could introduce as a counter to the "Party Animal," he or she would bring down people's enjoyment of a party when he/she talks to anyone. Or maybe a Party Crasher reward item, someone who can attend parties they aren't invited to! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    LOL guess I can't say po*oper?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thetford wrote:
    Autonomous revolving fashions (i.e so sims randomly choose one of their 3 everyday outfits every morning), and also wardrobes and armoires, seriously we don't put our good clothes in a chest of drawers where they will get creases. Plus there could be a mirror on the inside of one of the doors so you can change hair and clothes at the same time, making it easier to assign different hairstyles to different outfits.

Love it! Both ideas I hope they incorporate soon, my Sims wear the same clothes too often! :)
  • Options
    venusinfurs94venusinfurs94 Posts: 212 New Member
    edited April 2010
    More instruments (PIANO), spiral stairs and a teaching career, then I'll be satisfied.
  • Options
    jteditjtedit Posts: 70 Member
    edited April 2010
    construction :D:D:D

Goes with inventing and there is finaly a use for all the gems/metals you can find.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/187326.page#2241651