Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition For Mac Worldbuilder! Please Sign even on PC.

Hey, we mac people deserve the world-builder too. :evil:
So, sign on if you want (who doesn't?) worldbuilder for Mac!
Because it appears that it won't work for Mac. :cry:
If it does please contact me otherwise, but anyways, sign on. Or Else. :twisted:

Comments

• Options
    piggiesr2cutepiggiesr2cute Posts: 46
    edited April 2010
    Definitely. I really want Create a World for Mac. You can add me to your petition!
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited April 2010
    If you really want it you can install Windows on your Mac using Boot Camp, VMware Fusion or Parallels. It works like a dream.

EDIT - Windows actually works better on my Mac than it does on my PC, more stable and much faster. Can't quite figure that one out :roll:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited April 2010
    macs suck switch to a PC, besides your suprised they only do it for PC. They designed the game for a PC, why fo you think they have special "updates" for the mac to fix launcher bugs (because there a load of crude)
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited April 2010
    Simsace:: I actually think Macs are better, and I'm a PC. They designed it for BOTH Mac and PC anyways.

There is already a petition for this, but I'll sign this one too!
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited April 2010
    I'm a PC user but fully believe that Mac users should be able to use CAW. The more people who use and can use CAW the better because it gives us a wider selection of worlds to use.

• Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited April 2010
    simsace wrote:
    macs suck switch to a PC, besides your suprised they only do it for PC. They designed the game for a PC, why fo you think they have special "updates" for the mac to fix launcher bugs (because there a load of crude)

Please simsace, back up what you have just said. Otherwise there was no point to your post other than flaming...

Signed.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    randommermaderandommermade Posts: 1,372 New Member
    edited April 2010
    PC and Mac Unite!
    signed
  • Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited April 2010
    I'm a PC

And I prefer PCs because they are more customizable, affordable, and the fact that Microsoft doses a lot more for their customers than I beleive Apple has. I'm surprised that Apple still isn't concerned in fixing security holes in their OS. (If you have a Mac, I recommend AntiVirus because eventually something will hit you too) Once you figure out how to fix your own computer and maintain it, it makes up for that lesser stability that a Mac has. 8)

However, I beleive that Macs should have to CAW tool. EA cheaply ported the Sims 3 through Cider so all Macs are basically running the Windows game in a wrapper. I don't see to much of an issue if they used Cider for CAW excluding a patch or two to make it more compatible. The only reason why I would see not is because this is the BETA version. EA dose support your platform so only assume that it would only be fair because it's an extra feature that's given when you purchase the base game.
  • Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Signed. Even though I'm on PC.
  • Options
    Birkettboy55Birkettboy55 Posts: 363 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Walden95 wrote:
    (If you have a Mac, I recommend AntiVirus because eventually something will hit you too) Once you figure out how to fix your own computer and maintain it, it makes up for that lesser stability that a Mac has. 8)

Well true, but most virus coders like to use Mac because of its UNIX base, and it looks good. So why spoil the nest?

I currently have been running OSX for 2 and a half years, and a large chunk of everyone I know has a mac. Some using it all their life. Non (Ive had this discussions before) have had a virus.

However ironically, on the windows side people using it on their macs have come across a fair few. But, it could be accountable that about 3-5% of the virus market is for PC not Mac. So its unlikely you will come across a severe one.

Although, Apple stores and Apple Care will fix it, or at least restore your data to a new computer or HDD.

Sorry I went on for a bit :shock:

But yes Signed! xD

BBoy
  • Options
    Missaaliyah812Missaaliyah812 Posts: 618 Member
    edited April 2010
    /signed.

I'm a PC and Windows 7 was my idea!
  • Options
    simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited April 2010
    simsace wrote:

Please simsace, back up what you have just said. Otherwise there was no point to your post other than flaming...

Signed.

lets see theres tons of reasons PC's are better, microsoft dosent lie like macs who say they dont get viruses but they do, more programs, more custimization, microsoft actuly changes there operateing system a lot like with windows 7, Mac's are imposable to figure out, buying a mac costs a fortune, and theres a lot of other reasons too
  • Options
    samaronisamaroni Posts: 43 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I'm a Mac, so why does that mean that I can't create-a-world?

Defineitley Signed
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited April 2010
    Does anyone seriously think a petition will do any good? Generally speaking, petitions are created by twelves who still believe they will work. I've yet to see any game company ever pay any attention at all to a so-called petition.

Having said that, though, if it will do any good consider me signed just because I hate monopolies. I use a PC with Windows because it's best for what I use my computer for. However, I always hate it when there's one "big guy" who basically runs the whole show like MS does.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    Birkettboy55Birkettboy55 Posts: 363 New Member
    edited April 2010
    simsace wrote:
    simsace wrote:

Signed.

lets see theres tons of reasons PC's are better, microsoft dosent lie like macs who say they dont get viruses but they do, more programs, more custimization, microsoft actuly changes there operateing system a lot like with windows 7, Mac's are imposable to figure out, buying a mac costs a fortune, and theres a lot of other reasons too

Awww bless your little cotton socks...

bboy