Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

birthdays

Apologies if this has already been posted. I've found that if I buy a cake, I can make anyone blow out the candles and age, whether they're close to aging or not. I accidentally grew a young adult to an adult like this. I like being able to use it to grow up babies before their time, but I'm wondering if it was meant to be there or not.

Comments

• Options
    dixielandshdixielandsh Posts: 327 Member
    edited June 2009
    Hi Silla:

I almost did the same thing when it was Malcolm Landgraab's birthday. I chose Crumplebottom first, then realized what had happened. I thought that was rather strange as it was Malcolm I sent to the cake. Seems an extra unneeded step to me, but I thought they might have done it in case you had twins, triplets growing up and several cakes.

What do you think?

Dixie
  • Options
    rckljohnsonrckljohnson Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have the exact same issue :O I noticed that if a person had already grown up, they couldnt use the cake for the next couple days, but after that, it seems anyone can grow up, and it bus me that I have to monitor this to ensure that I dont accidentally grow up a sim prematurely.
  • Options
    ETECDETECD Posts: 40 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I believe it is supposed to be like that. It's just a choice if you want to do it or not.
  • Options
    SillaSilla Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I kind of like the feature. I'm impatient and I was always growing my sims2 sims up early. I think it's worth the extra monitoring.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2009
    can I post?
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2009
    oh sorry it didn't seem like it registered the game hmm because it didn't give me any comfirmation it just went to a blank box.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    SillaSilla Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    yeah, go ahead Sid...
  • Options
    JaiSimJaiSim Posts: 541 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I like the feature. Babies take way too long to turn into Toddlers and toddlers take too long to turn into kids.
  • Options
    xblackghostxxblackghostx Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    how do you stop a birthday from happening?
  • Options
    darkrain09darkrain09 Posts: 53
    edited March 2010
    how do you stop a birthday from happening?
    turn off the aging or change there life span to epic.