The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let us Uninstall Patches

As it says. How many of you have had bugs that show up only after installing a patch?

Currently, my screen flashes no matter how lowbrow I make the graphics. It is making gameplay impossible (in collusion with other bugs). This only started after the last patch.

Comments

• Options
    deathquakerdeathquaker Posts: 42
    edited March 2010
    I am not an expert, but I've played PC games for a long time, and that actually sounds to me like a video card driver issue. It's quite possible the latest patch works with newer drivers only--and you want to update your drivers anyway because that'll make your computer happier all around. Check with your card's manufacturer and see if they happen to have an update out.

If you've already tried this and it's not the issue, sorry. If you hadn't tried it, I'd look into it. Better to update a driver and be able to keep the patch, IMO.

In my personal experience, patches can be messy to rollback, unfortunately. I would instead suggest that EA leaves every separate game update available. So, for example, if you know v 1.3 worked and v 1.6 didn't, you can do a clean install and then just install the 1.3 patch rather than the 1.6.