Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starting My Legacy...SOON.

Okay, if you didn't see my previous thread, "Starting A Legacy!" then I'll just let you know right now that I was thinking about starting one, but needed help on the details.
Well, this thread is here because I've decided on pretty much all of the details, created my founder, and I might even have my first chapter up by the weekend!
I just need to prepare my blog that I'll be posting it on, and I can start actually playing my actual legacy game file. (:
There's not much a point of this thread yet, but if you want to ask any questions about the legacy, or want to see my founder, then go right ahead.

Comments

• Options
    KinukoKinuko Posts: 874 New Member
    edited March 2010
    What type of legacy?
  • Options
    iheartcarliheartcarl Posts: 370
    edited March 2010
    Kinuko wrote:
    What type of legacy?

Not any type in particular. I guess it's kind of just a legacy, but I'm aiming on making a more interesting than the first time I tried. Which was unbearably boring. :oops: I gave my founder an..interesting personality, but so far I don't think I can make much of a good storyline with the screenshots I've taken...I'll try and add a twist somewhere, I guess.
    And yes, if it isn't obvious by now, I've started playing on the legacy game file.
  • Options
    mummygagamummygaga Posts: 1,621 New Member
    edited March 2010
    okay how about a nerdacy?

It is a legacy where you give the founders, the heirs, the spares nerdy computer names (like Lunar Alien320, Starstruck Earthling990, etc.), and you give them the family trait of computer whiz!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Lol, a nerdacy sounds pretty interesting, but I've already started and my founder doesn't have the Computer Whiz trait, or a nerdy name. Oh! But I am doing name themes for each generation. Like I might do:
    Gen. 2- named after people I know
    Gen. 3- named after names I like
    Gen. 4- named after disney movie characters (i got this idea from someone on my first thread..I forget who, sorry!)
    Gen. 5- named after book characters
    Gen. 6- named after the seasons
    Gen. 7- named after celestial objects (stars, constellations, planets, etc)
    Gen. 8-
    Gen. 9-
    Gen. 10-

Um..I ran out of ideas. :lol: Help me?
  • Options
    mummygagamummygaga Posts: 1,621 New Member
    edited March 2010
    cool!

for gen. 8, gen. 9, and gen 10, do stage of famous celebrites, names of video games characters, and names of people from history
  • Options
    Eerie_liEerie_li Posts: 117
    edited March 2010
    Awesome~! I was wondering what had happened to you. :'D
    How's it going?? Life wise. Heh.

And Id like to see your founder~!
    I've actually started doing my own thing too. :3 Based off of Pinstar's Rules. *nods* The only thing is I made lyke 5 different sims to choose as my founder. Lol. And I can't pick one. So yesterday I posted a thread to help me choose which would be more interesting and such. You should check it out. I'll be bumping it back up onto the first page here in the General Discussion.

Anyways, post up your link to your blog once you've got you legacy started. I'd like to read it. ;D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    OMG, thanks. (:
    I'm starting up my game right now, can't wait to start playing with the family again. So here's the full name theme list now:
    Gen. 4- named after disney movie characters (i got this idea from someone on my first thread..I forget who, sorry!)
    Gen. 8- named after celebrities
    Gen. 9- named after video game characters (this might end up being mostly nintendo game characters..lol)
    Gen. 10- name after people from history

EDIT:
    Awesome~! I was wondering what had happened to you. :'D
    How's it going?? Life wise. Heh.

And Id like to see your founder~!
    I've actually started doing my own thing too. :3 Based off of Pinstar's Rules. *nods* The only thing is I made lyke 5 different sims to choose as my founder. Lol. And I can't pick one. So yesterday I posted a thread to help me choose which would be more interesting and such. You should check it out. I'll be bumping it back up onto the first page here in the General Discussion.

Anyways, post up your link to your blog once you've got you legacy started. I'd like to read it. ;D

I'll post a screenshot of her soon. I tried to make her unique, but all of my sims faces look almost the same...I think I'm getting better, though.
    I saw your thread! I was gonna, vote, but was having a tough time deciding.
    I'll post the link. (: I have the blog set up, but I haven't used it yet.
    Anyways, the last name is Valentine. I was failing at coming up with a good last name, so I used one of my favorite holidays. I'm pretty sure it actually is a real last name too, though.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited March 2010
    iheartcarl wrote:
    Lol, a nerdacy sounds pretty interesting, but I've already started and my founder doesn't have the Computer Whiz trait, or a nerdy name. Oh! But I am doing name themes for each generation. Like I might do:
    Gen. 8-
    Gen. 9-
    Gen. 10-

Um..I ran out of ideas. :lol: Help me?

This is a great, creative idea! Thank you for posting these suggestions---it would make each generation extra special, and would be an incentive to stick with the legacy and keep moving forward.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    LoL~ That's awesome!! Love the last name. Now I really want to see what your founder looks like. x3

Oh yah~? Well which ones do you really like? The girls or boys? I personally kinda like Adrian and Tiffany. . . But I love how Maddy is personality wise and the same with Vincent. :3 Adrian would probably be very hard to try and finish his life time wish. ><;; Heartbreakers are hard to please. Dx;; But it would be fun looking for a way to get it done.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have the picture now. (:

Screenshot-2.jpg
    Okay, this is Poppy Valentine. Her traits are Insane, Good Sense of Humor, Childish, Vegetarian, Easily Impressed.
    She's extremely fun to play with. XD

Another picture, athletic wear, which she seems to prefer over all her other outfits..
    Screenshot-21.jpg
    I just love her facial expression... :lol:
  • Options
    JaidanaJaidana Posts: 17
    edited March 2010
    I'd really like to follow your legacy ^-^

Your founder is kyewtttt to the max :3 !
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Lol~! She looks awesome, and very unique. O:
    She's also pretty, when she isn't making that weird face. xD Lmao.

Insane sims are the best to play with. Maybe I should have made on my sims with taht trait as well, but with the way I created them. . . I dont think theyd fit. Lol. I think I'll just make one for fun, not a legacy sim. :3
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Lol~! She looks awesome, and very unique. O:
    She's also pretty, when she isn't making that weird face. xD Lmao.
    Glad you think she's unique. She's pregnant with her first child right now...I really hope it has her pink hair. You guys on this thread are lucky, getting all these previews of my legacy...XP
    Your founder is kyewtttt to the max :3 !

*squee* yay! I'm really glad people like her. She's definitely one of my favorite sims I've made. I am really hoping for some good kids-the first time I tried a legacy, all the kids were hideous except for the youngest...
    I really want multi-gender multiples...I know how to get them, but I need a person high-ranking in the medical career, which I don't have at the moment.
  • Options
    mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,041 Member
    edited March 2010
    wow! :shock: i wish my sims looked like that! hahaha. are you using a family trait? i am in my legacy and it just happens to be the insane trait :mrgreen: it makes for some very funny moments!! hahahaha
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I might be using a family trait, but I don't think I want it to be insane. I just think that after 10 generations of that, it might get a bit boring. And if the insane trait gets boring...well, I just don't want it to get boring.
    But if I do do one, what do you guys think it should be?

EDIT: Oh lord, i dunno if this is something that insane sims do, or if it was just something weird generated by my game, but listen to this. I finally got the chance to build Poppy an actual house. You know how your sims go and "check out new object"? The object she preferred to go see was a DOOR. I found this amusing, but I guess because she's been living without them for quite a while now, but really?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Double post. :oops:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    it's up! the post with the blog link is titled "Started My Legacy (finally.) The Valentine Legacy<3 blog link." or something like that.
    What are you waiting for. Go read it!