Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game in hand?

I guess people already have the game, I see some creations and movies being uploaded. Sweet.

Edit: Ultimate firsties!
2nd Edit: Feel free to add me as a friend.

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruKyleSimGuruKyle Posts: 87 New Member
    edited May 2009
    Hi there, baconandeggzie! Welcome to the boards! Being fashionably late is overplayed, anyway. ;)

And actually, many of the creations and movies you see so far are made by Sims employees. Sorry, its still a June 2nd release, so you'll have to wait a few more days. :P
  • Options
    baconandeggziebaconandeggzie Posts: 78 New Member
    edited May 2009
    Cool. I figured there was something up.
  • Options
    reili1399reili1399 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited May 2009
    Ahh the anticipation.
  • Options
    baconandeggziebaconandeggzie Posts: 78 New Member
    edited May 2009
    Oh, I know, right?
  • Options
    teasingmeat1teasingmeat1 Posts: 405 New Member
    edited May 2009
    Hi Eggzie.. :D Woo hoo
    your Machinima is amazing..Nice set of forum tools
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    desertrose0601desertrose0601 Posts: 114 Member
    edited May 2009
    Yup, game in hand! I was surprised to see it on the shelf, so I bought it quick!! It let me register it, but it won't let me use any cool content yet. I'm guessing EA will flip a switch on Tuesday that will let that stuff work with the game. I can't wait!!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    No I think I figured out the problem. The game isn't fully updated yet. That last patch will probably be released on Tuesday. That's pretty smart actually, on EA's part. I wondered what they would do if stores started accidentally selling them early!

Everything else seems to work great though. I can play Sunset Valley at least. I can't wait to DL Riverview though!
  • Options
    SIMcrediblePainterSIMcrediblePainter Posts: 26 New Member
    edited May 2009
    Hi ya eggzie (and TM) nice to see familiar faces here! How goes it with you guys?

Let There Be Sims!
    ~Roxanne
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hi Roxanne :mrgreen:
    Sim-ply amazing here..It's excellent to see you as well.
    chatted with eggzie for a wile last night..the site looks amazing
    and am so looking forward to dive into the game...taking a week off from work..
    Blue June..
    News Break..The world has come to a stand still people from around the world are not at work this week due to the release of the Game The Sims3..
    no cars in the streets , It's like a ghost town..brown outs in some areas of the world for lack of sufficient power..More at 11:00
  • Options
    JPWritingJPWriting Posts: 279 New Member
    edited May 2009
    I just received my copy in the post this morning, already installed and started my first sim! It was quite the pleasant suprise as I wasn't expecting it until Monday or Tuesday.
  • Options
    SonshineSonshine Posts: 53 New Member
    edited May 2009
    I too received my copy of the game in the mail today. :) I was very surprised. However, I've already encountered a bug. My sim can't play chess at all. It keeps telling me that I need to have a chair to play it, but the chair is standing in the right place facing the pieces. :/ Oh well, maybe Tuesday's patch will correct that. *I hope*
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hi sonshine..
    maybe the chess table is not facing the right way..I had that trouble once
    my Sim would not play chess..I moved the chess table , so the little timer on the chess table ,was facing the right way.
    hope this helped..
    TM1 :wink:
  • Options
    AstromiciAstromici Posts: 114 New Member
    edited May 2009
    Woohoo! looks like it was delivered on Sundays! Installing the game right now!
    Er, to satisfy my curiosity, where did you guys order your games?
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited May 2009
    I ordered mine from gogamer. I received it today ( saturday. ) My grandmother ordered her's from newegg and got hers friday evening.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Sonshine wrote:
    I too received my copy of the game in the mail today. :) I was very surprised. However, I've already encountered a bug. My sim can't play chess at all. It keeps telling me that I need to have a chair to play it, but the chair is standing in the right place facing the pieces. :/ Oh well, maybe Tuesday's patch will correct that. *I hope*

I've noticed that because there are so many more squares on the grid for placing things in this game that sometimes it can look like the chair is in the right place when it's really not. You'll know it's in the right place if when you pick up the table in Buy mode to move it, the chairs will come with it. If the chairs don't move with it, they aren't actually in the right place for playing. (Same goes for tables and desks too).
  • Options
    JPWritingJPWriting Posts: 279 New Member
    edited May 2009
    Astromici wrote:
    Woohoo! looks like it was delivered on Sundays! Installing the game right now!
    Er, to satisfy my curiosity, where did you guys order your games?

I also had mine on pre-order from gogamer.com, I buy almost all my games from them. They have great deals and the shipping is always snappy, which I love.
  • Options
    AstromiciAstromici Posts: 114 New Member
    edited May 2009
    Nice, I got mine from Gogamer too! It always shocks me to see games like Unreal tourtament 3 for 5$ or something.
  • Options
    SimGuruJimSimGuruJim Posts: 30 SimGuru (retired)
    edited June 2009
    Sonshine,

Chairs need to "snap into" the chess table before they can be used. If you place chairs down first and then the table, your chairs won't snap into place, and you won't be able to use the chess table. You are better off placing the table and then the chairs. If you notice the chairs being scooted under the table a bit more than normal, you are on your way.
  • Options
    lmkrivcherlmkrivcher Posts: 509 Member
    edited June 2009
    I chose to use the digital dl option for the game. I have done that for all the EPs and SPs in TS2 and have never had an issue so I am super excited to be able to download early tomorrow a.m. I am crossing my fingers and toes that all goes well! I am actually having my mother babysit my little one so I can play for a bit! Happy Simming TS3! :D
    Simming since 2000 (whew!) <3
  • Options
    HOLLYDOLLYHOLLYDOLLY Posts: 43 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes I have the game but I will need another week or so to just get my house up :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BellaBabe86BellaBabe86 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    hey guys can someone please help me! ok so i got two invites now for the bring the dish to the restaurant, and idk where the restaurant is! i went to the bistro and the diner and nothing. please someone give me some kind of help bc im getting kinda annoyed now. thanks
  • Options
    CAgirlnKSCAgirlnKS Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2009
    hey guys can someone please help me! ok so i got two invites now for the bring the dish to the restaurant, and idk where the restaurant is! i went to the bistro and the diner and nothing. please someone give me some kind of help bc im getting kinda annoyed now. thanks

In the neighborhood view click on the restaurant (Bistro) and one of the the options to pick for it should be to "Bring Dish..." (or something similar). Note that the prepared dish needs to be in your sim's inventory first.
  • Options
    Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    edited June 2009
    Sonshine wrote:

I hope since this is an old reply that you have solved this problem by now. It's not a glitch that needs a patch, it's just VERY difficult to correctly place the chairs for play. They have to be "nudged" a little closer to the chess set for the sims to be able to sit. They may LOOK as if they are in the right place, but they need to be just a fraction closer to make them "sitable".
  • Options
    Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited June 2009
    Welcome to the forums! :D

I am Vietgirl. :D