Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things that would be nice to have in the Sims 3.

We need the following things.. like pronto.

~Hot Tubs.. seriously, I can't believe we don't have them yet.

~More Outfits for all ages, like school looking uniforms for the kids..etc.

~Private School, I hate how all the kids just go to the same school, or maybe even all girls and all boy schools.. or maybe even boarding schools.

~More game stuff, the foosball table isn't enough.. we need poker table, a family game table so kids can play too.

~More outdoor stuff, like a volleyball court, basketball hoop..etc.

~We need more pool stuff- waterslides, diving boards.. etc.

Feel free to add more fellow simmers!

Comments

• Options
    LaurenSynclairLaurenSynclair Posts: 103 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Good ideas.

I'm liking the school ones! They should have school wear, like in CAS where they have everyday, formal and pyjamas ect they should have a school option, to wear uniform. I also thing that work places and school etc shouldn't been rabbit holes. I WANT TO SEE INSIDE :P Does anyone else have this want? I think that we need more actions for toddlers and babies. One thing i miss is "tuck in" that was so cute! I haven't got the expansions as haven't got alot of money but at the moment but can someone tell me is WA and high end loft good? I need more things, i don't use CC but the store is too dear.

Happy Simming :wink:
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited February 2010

~Private School, I hate how all the kids just go to the same school, or maybe even all girls and all boy schools.. or maybe even boarding schools.

~More game stuff, the foosball table isn't enough.. we need poker table, a family game table so kids can play too.

The title of this thread should really be "Things We Want in The Sims 3".

Because the reality is, we don't actually *need* any of these things to be able to enjoy the game.

And for those of you who are posting the "Open the rabbit holes" idea and "follow your Sims inside work and school because we want to watch our Sims do endless work related tasks and re-live our school years" (mostly teens want this stuff)...forget it. It's not going to happen. EA is not about to reprogram the game and make massive changes to their game code in order to make people happy.

I wish that when people posted their ideas, they'd realize that every change they are suggesting involves a group of programmers sitting down and *changing the game code* in order to make these changes happen. Every image you see in your game, every interaction is coded in there by some programmer. And every game change adds new layers of code to the game and require some rearranging and adjustments to the current code to make it happen. That's really why we get the game glitches...it's because some piece of coding conflicts with another piece of coding that different programmers put into the game.

So, while it is nice to *want* these things...the fact is, that we can play the game perfectly well without them. We don't *need* any of those items to enjoy the gameplay. All we need is the conscious decision to relax and have fun with it. EA will provide us with *some* of those objects in due time.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    deeman190deeman190 Posts: 99 Member
    edited February 2010
    I would like to see a seasons expansion pack someday. I think they should come up with some lots related to the specific season, like a snow/water park and being able to swim in the ocean. The chances of this happening are pretty low, because of all the graphics and everything, but it would be neat if they could incoporate natural disasters into the game (tornadoes, floods, blizzards, droughts).

I think the Sims 2 Seasons was very realistic, but I think there are some thing they could have improved on. I noticed the weather man would say it was going to snow in the middle of summer, or say it was going to be sweltering hot in the middle of winter. During thunder and rain storms, wind should be blowing objects around the yard and Sims should have to clean it up. They could also buy books about those disasters and find out what to do incase they happen.
  • Options
    MedicCommanderMedicCommander Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    the thing we need in the sim 3 is more care. like a limo, motor bike, and alot of jeep,van,hummer, SUV.

We need more diffret outfits for all ages of the sim 3 on formal and everyday wear.

Need Alot of similiar item in the Sim 2 and the Sim from PC mode.

Need customize furniture kit that we could put our own color and our own texture for the furniture we buy.

Hot tub badly......

and ETC of All Event Item On SIM 2 & The SIM On Pc Game
  • Options
    ConnorJackConnorJack Posts: 836 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I'd like to see some sort of "The Sims 3: Party and Pool stuff pack".
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited February 2010
    WorldTraveler76,

Jarsie9 is right, we don't need any of these things.

As for what I would like them to add through. One of the things I would like them to add is the ability to make pools that are not made up of straight lines and have a squire sort of shape. I would like the ability to create a round circular pool, or at least one that has diagonal lines. I would like to be able to create pools where one end is deeper than the other, without having to use cheat codes.

I would also like to be able to connect garages to buildings with foundations without having to use any cheat codes. There should be a way to connect a room without foundations to a room with foundations without having to use a code. Its just annoying.

I would also like them to add pets, and zoos to the game. Maybe they could also add amusement parks while they're at it.

I'm hoping that the next expansion pack adds apartments, so I can have more than one family living in the same building and I can create a few urban maps.

Speaking of creating Maps for the Sims 3. They really need to come out with a patch for Create A World soon. Lately, I've been having a lot of trouble getting my map to save correctly.

• Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    edited February 2010
    What I would like to see is:

Bunkbeds--seriously. Why haven't we gotten these yet?

More variety in the stuff we can grow...

I love the idea of motorcycles or scooters too.

There are so many things I could add, but these are the ones I would really love to see in the game.
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    firestar77_2firestar77_2 Posts: 10,144 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Hot tubs and bunk beds would be great to have in the game.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2010
    Hottubs and romantic interactions in cars.
  • Options
    WorldTraveler76WorldTraveler76 Posts: 415 Member
    edited February 2010
    Whoa.. folks.. most of the stuff I mentioned was things that came with The Sims 1 and the Sims 2, and would be nice to have back in the Sims 3.. most of the things I mentioned would just need to be items, not something a whole group of programmers have to spend endless hours to re-code some part of the game.

I could also care less if we could see into the workplaces and school, yeah that would probably be boring.. and yes that would take a lot of re-programming.. I am not some computer dumbo.. I realize what goes into making a game, and I am not asking them to re-do The Sims 3.. just asking for a few measly items that would enhance my gameplay. that's all.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited February 2010
    More recreation & social interaction spots in town- a skatepark and a bowling alley are the two things I'd like to see the most, plus a nightclub. Make the restaurants playable, lots of potential for meeting people and romatic interactions there.

What the "need" the most though, is to get the bugs ironed out, especially in CAS. Some people think the "spider people" are funny, I don't. Also the "establish relationship" function is worthless. If we create a couple, we should be able to establish them as already married or romantically involved. I only create singles now, because I got tired of having to buy another bed, since they wouldn't sleep together until you got them romantically involved. Also you create a whole family, and they're all total strangers to each other when they move in.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    BGateGWayBBGateGWayB Posts: 3,828 Member
    edited February 2010
    These aren't necessities for the game but they are some good ideas. May wana change your title sounds kinda demanding.
  • Options
    drexdrex Posts: 3
    edited February 2010
    Pianos! What happened to them?
  • Options
    GracieSparkzGracieSparkz Posts: 16 New Member
    edited February 2010
    All really good ideas! Agree about piano's and hot tubs! Also on the site i would prefer to see the amout of views on blogs! You know it would be good, and maybe a rating system like stars? Just feel that blogging is a little cold on this site, no community interaction.
  • Options
    AquiasAquias Posts: 1,742 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I would like to see...
    Hot Springs
    Bee Keeping
    Pets
    Farming
    Green Houses
    Hydroponics
    Volley Ball
    Arcades
    Pinball
    Vending Machines
    Humming Bird Feeders
    Didgeridoo
    Table Hockey
    Slot Machines
    Portable Chess Set

I would love to see Servos, Plant Sims, and Vampires make a return.
  • Options
    WorldTraveler76WorldTraveler76 Posts: 415 Member
    edited February 2010
    I also thought of something... wedding stuff... the wedding arch, wedding cake, wedding chairs and tables... champagne.. a dance floor..

and yes definitely bunk beds.. that would be a real space saver in small houses. Here's a tutorial on how to do bunk beds.. but I really dont like the foundation having to be there.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=117475

More stuff for Sims to do, like sewing.. housework type stuff.. laundry (bed linens, clothes..etc.)

Also some of the skills take forever to get higher.. and you can't pull the bars up using cheats.. like charisma with the relationship requirements, and logic takes forever to improve.

Also for another fun idea- community sports, like a swim team, a soccer team, football team.. etc. with Sims from the community.. you could even do age group sports.

Also with the skill classes we can take for like $400 bucks, it would be nice to be able to take them again, so maybe for example "Take Charisma Class 2".. and so on. Or maybe have an adult school where you can enroll in a class that meets once or twice a week, and by taking the class your skill goes up.. or something like that.

Yard sales could be a cool way to make some extra cash.. and not just use buy mode all the time.

I'll post more when I think of them.
  • Options
    BGateGWayBBGateGWayB Posts: 3,828 Member
    edited February 2010
    Oh yes yard sales would be nice since your kids grow up you can sell the items that have no use. Maybe own more than one house? Be a real estate agent. I'm getting ahead of myself. An OFB ep would be nice. Oh yeah and also a college like the night classes could be a college if they add a colege EP.
  • Options
    AquiasAquias Posts: 1,742 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I would like to see gift giving make a return.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited February 2010
    I think the Sims 3 "needs" better hair.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    coper07734coper07734 Posts: 65
    edited February 2010
    There are 2 EPs that I want to see back.

Open For Buisness
    and
    Apartment Life.

IMO these were the best two EPs out there and need to be brought back. I always loved the idea of my Sims setting up businesses from home and living in a multiplex.

Please, EA!!!
    Bring Back OFB and AL
  • Options
    Snow_roseSnow_rose Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    O wow. most of the suggestions involve bringing back things from the sims 1 and 2 so why not just play those games? i believe the sims 3 was created as an improvement and "next step" forward in the progression of the sims in general.

I'm sure that the programers have MILLIONS of ideas that they would like to incorporate into the game however there is a reason why some of these things are not there. It slows down the game. Remember?? Anyone who played the sims 2 can recall those long loading times and all the frustrtion that went with it. thats the reason all those things may no longer be there. So when you think of what the game is missing you need to remember that the more thats put into the game the bigger it gets and the slower it runs.

The sims team has done a wonderful job so far in creating the best sims game possible.

However all the ideas listed would be pretty cool! Bunkbeds and the hot tub would be awesome :)
  • Options
    rambohackerrambohacker Posts: 9 New Member
    edited February 2010
    There are a couple of Sim 2 expansion packs that I hope come to the Sims 3. There is Apartment Life (It was one of my favorite expansions because if your Sim couldn't afford a home they could rent until they where able to) plus you could also get roommates which was awesome.The 2nd one is Open for Business, it created so many possibilities for work besides the normal grind. The 3rd one is Seasons and 4th is University. One last wish for Sims 3 is that I wish you could finance your house cause otherwise it's almost impossible to buy a really nice house without cheating or saving up for a couple of generations so your grand kids can buy your dream home.
  • Options
    aadddaaddd Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited February 2010

I agree we need more kids stuff and hot tubs and diveing bords i dont know why thay did not put them in there already
  • Options
    lovesrubbaduckylovesrubbaducky Posts: 56 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I'd like to see lot placement and size become customizable.

As a side note (though I personally think it's relevant):
    Even though I bought TS3 on the day it came out, I'm still having to adjust to my switch from TS2 to TS3. The TS2 gaming community had developed an extremely accomodating amount of custom content over time. In stark contrast TS3 is still a baby compared to its predecessor, which is fine. It obviously takes time for talented fans to tweak their abilities and get stuff into the game. However, doesn't it just seem as though the setup of the game is actually actively making it more difficult to add CC?

But just in general→ I'd like to see the programmers improve the game now, while I'm still frustrated, rather than later when I don't give a :shock:, because at that point I probably just won't care to play the game or buy anymore EP's. (Plus I'm tired of spending more time trying to find solutions to glitches than actually playing the game.)