Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This Blows Chunks Worse Than A Bulimic After Thanksgiving!

I am so totally bummed and ******, probably like a lot of you guys are. I preordered the Sims 3 back in November...and was completely bummed when they pushed the release from February to June, I eventually was okay with it, I figured that EA was just fixing some bugs & errors. I was at the store at midnight on June 1st (Technically June 2nd) I got my copy I was soooooo excited I had been counting down the days and hours until I finally got to play what is supposed to be the best Sims game yet.

I got home and put it in my computer instantly so I could stay up a few more hours and play before I went to be...well, that did not work out so well for me. NONE of my computers (I have 3 computers, 2 are way above and beyond the minimum requirements for this game.) would even recognize that I had a disk in the drive. There was nothing...no way to even manually click on the drive to open it. I went back and forth on all of my computers over and over again. I reset them & turned them on...but there was NOTHING. My heart sank, I thought that I had just received a faulty copy of the Sims 3. I figured I would just go to bed and get up in the morning and go get a new Sims 3 game so I could play it.

I went to the store the next morning to have them exchange my copy so I could get a Sims 3 game that worked. After arguing with the incompetent sales clerk for over an hour. He reluctantly exchanged my copy and I went on my way. I got home and put the new disk in my computer...and it recognized it!!! I was super duper excited, I was actually going to be able to play the game I have been dreaming of and waiting for. The installation got about 10% of the way through and it quit working. It kept doing this on all of my computers I was starting to get so frustrated and so angry I was to the point of throwing my computer. I kept trying to install and install on all of my computers hoping that one of them would work. I started to get a message about 10% of the way through the install saying that I needed to insert disk 1% in to drive 3% because the original disk 2% is complete…🐸🐸🐸🐸 does that even mean? After that message the installation process is automatically shut down. I tried for almost 8 hrs yesterday and have tried a few more times today. I have defragmented all of my computers. I have uninstalled the EA Management Center…I just don’t know what else to do.

I am to the point I want my money back and I am just in tears and about to rip my hair out. I thought it was only me at first with all these problems with the game. I went online and there are thousands of posts on tons of different forums all over the Internet with people that are having the same or similar problems.

I really hope that EA decides to help us soon. It just feels like they don’t give a care in the world that we are all experiencing so many issues. It just seems like they made their money and they are onto the next thing, while leaving us all in the dust. Please come back from E3 or wherever you guys went and help us please. I am so freaking ****** off and irritated with EA right now for not helping us and blaming us by saying our computers are not up to par. I just bought a $3,000 computer and it is definitely way over par and my other computer has about $2,000 invested into it….how is that not at their qualification standards? I am just frustrated and don’t know what to do. If any one has any ideas please let me know, I am desperate. Thanks guys!

:evil: :? :cry::( :?: :twisted: :thumbdown: :hunf:
~Belle

Comments

• Options
    BlackandredstreaksBlackandredstreaks Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm having a really similar problem. I have 3 computers also, The first one installed fine but it's an old computer so the video card wasn't good enough and it's a laptop so I can't replace it. The second computer didn't recognize the disc and the third computer got all the way to 99% before saying it couldn't install the uninstall and quit on me.
  • Options
    CinnamonbiteCinnamonbite Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    "I figured that EA was just fixing some bugs & errors."

Nope. Sorry. They just wanted to release it at a different financial quarter. See, all loss last quarter, now all gain this quarter.

Mine is just starting to bug up, so you're not missing anything. Just lost all music. Still have voices, but no more background music or alerts.

At least it didn't cost me anything this time around.
  • Options
    BellaJeanBellaJean Posts: 69 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thats no fun so even if i could of gotten it to load it wouldn't play anyway cause it is so messed...I am so bummed I hope they fix this soon...even though we all know they will take their sweet time...oh well... like said this blows :(
    ~Belle