Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"should not appear in game"

When I put houses on lots, I get a box that shows up, and can only be selected with the move cheat

when selected, the description is:

"SHOULD NOT APPEAR IN GAME!"

here's a pic of the box--
snaig.jpg

*I have no mods
*I have no custom content
*I do not have any cheats active
What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??

Comments

• Options
    SoggySoapSoggySoap Posts: 405 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Yeah. I got that once, but that was due to the fact that I didn't have World adventures installed. I think that is a secret staircase or something, an object that can be substituted for another one in the base game.
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited January 2010
    I dont have wa either, but these are houses that came with the sims 3 base game.

and the boxes show up in front of stair cases
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited January 2010
    I've seen that too and and I have WA installed.
  • Options
    thisismypersonathisismypersona Posts: 219
    edited January 2010
    hey where did you get the cool log cabin?
  • Options
    thisismypersonathisismypersona Posts: 219
    edited January 2010
    are you in riverview or sunset valley? or a Created world?
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited January 2010
    it's a created world that I made, the log cabin is one of the houses that game with the sims 3 game
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited January 2010
    It looks like a spawn marker, a blank spawn marker. Strange indeed.
  • Options
    miskoehn98miskoehn98 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I've gotten the same box on a few of my lots not sure what i should do to get rid of it
  • Options
    hippiedippie927hippiedippie927 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited June 2010
    miskoehn98 wrote:
    I've gotten the same box on a few of my lots not sure what i should do to get rid of it

You don't need to get rid of it. It won't show in live mode and it doesn't
    interfere with anything.
  • Options
    phole1phole1 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2011
    ive gotten that box too, you cant delete but u can make it invisible by puttin it in a fountain, this way its still there but u cant see it so its less annoying
  • Options
    ATLANTIANATLANTIAN Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    I tried restarting my game and it worked, it might only be visible with the 'buydebug' cheat though. Even if you didn't use any cheats, it worked for me, but if you turn buydebug on they become visible again.
    If this 'buydebug' thing isn't the case, then just restart the game. the boxes will still technically be there, but they will be less annoying.
  • Options
    Lucy28101Lucy28101 Posts: 22
    edited July 2011
    I have it too...Eccept I can't see the box?
    What is it?
    And what does it do?
  • Options
    lexxy1234lexxy1234 Posts: 7
    edited January 2012
    miskoehn98 wrote:

You don't need to get rid of it. It won't show in live mode and it doesn't
    interfere with anything.

Actually, I have this glitch with the Sims 3 Base Game houses whenever I put them into the town I'm playing then go into build/buy mode from said houses.

Whenever I move a household into those houses after going into build/buy mode from Edit Town and try to make my Sims walk up the stairs, all the Sims do is stomp their feet and wave their hands in the air.

If I have "moveObjects on" activated, and I move the "SHOULD NOT APPEAR IN GAME!" boxes somewhere FAR AWAY from the staircase, then try to make the Sims walk up the stairs, they'll walk over to wherever I put the boxes and then they'll STILL stomp their feet and wave their hands in the air. :cry:

So, this kind-of interferes with the Sims' path regarding stairs. When I use those houses, I have to have testing cheats enabled ALL THE TIME and use the "Teleport Me Here" cheat interaction because Sims refuse to walk up stairs and they want my game to eventually wreck my computer (it is said that overuse of the "testingcheatsenabled true" cheat command can wreck things, and I think computers is one of those things, but I might be mistaken).

~ Lex :3 ~
  • Options
    SchnauzerMommaSchnauzerMomma Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    I realize this is an old thread, but I encountered this problem today. I just installed a new lot I had downloaded, and found these boxes at the foot of every stair (and there were alot of them). I couldn't delete them and went on a search to find an answer. Well..there didn't seem to be one, at least not that I could find, but I solved the problem. Simply use your sledgehammer tool to delete the stair, and the box goes with it. Click the undo button and the stair comes back minus the box. Hope this helps someone who's having this problem.
  • Options
    bnhfubnhfu Posts: 71 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I had the same problem but I fixed it by holding down ctrl and shift at the same time and then click on the thing and it comes up with lots of options. Click delete and it will disappear.
  • Options
    sims2fan8990sims2fan8990 Posts: 25
    edited September 2013
    Ugh. Someone tell me how to get rid of the stupid things. They're keeping my Sims from using the freaking stairs. It's driving me crazy! Their beds are on the second floor! Ugh! :roll:
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited September 2013
    They come with the stairs. They aren't supposed to show in live mode, but one did once in one of my games, on a house from the library. Delete the stairs, then put in a new stairway.
  • Options
    FynaseFynase Posts: 14 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I had that too it is probably due to a lazy animator or something :lol:
  • Options
    FynaseFynase Posts: 14 New Member
    edited February 2014
    To sims2fan type testingcheatsenabled true
    then type BuyDebug
    And to open cheat panel shift-ctrl-c
  • Options
    luckydragon3luckydragon3 Posts: 53
    edited February 2014
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=531.0

In this forum it talks about it being from a patch where they made the staircases recolorable. Quite an old patch, but it makes somewhat sense I guess. It seems to connect with staircases, but soon after I imagine EA would have updated the houses.
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited May 2014
    Just bumping this old thread because it showed up in a Google search.

To fix the white boxes, delete the staircase near it, then press undo (control-z) and it will replace the staircase and remove the white box.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell