May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what have you done to your Britechester?

What community lots have you put in your Britechester? I'm about to start a new University save and looking for ideas. I definitely want to knock down that starter home and put a community lot there. Do you keep the residential lots with Elderberry's and the Pleasants or have you replaced with community lots there? I want a bowling alley I think somewhere and a coffee shop. any ideas are welcome. thanks.

Comments

• Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,082 Member
    I have turned both the Pleasants' and the Elderberrys' homes into residential rental properties with fairly small 1 bedroom apartments instead. I usually keep but update the pub. One of the dorms I've turned into a student café/bookshop with both study space and outdoor space (a basketball court, ping pong table) as a student hang-out. I've updated both university commons to have practise space for the different skill (an art-room and a music room in Britechester, a debate podium and more tech stuff in the Foxbury one). I've added a greenhouse to the library so that biology students can practise there. I'm still missing a gym, but hasn't decided where to put it, maybe the smaller dorm in Foxbury? Since the last time I played the Pleasants they both had animals I turned one of the houses into a vet, but in my current save the same house functions as another residential rental.

For my students they usually hang out a lot in the commons, so most of what I need I put there.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,545 Member
    My Britechester was aimed at my University sims, until High School Years came out.
    Before High School years I had replaced the library with a Prep-School dorm. It was really just a residential lot that I would ship off teens that were prepping for Uni. I put in two adult sims with University degrees: a School Administrator and a Student Counselor.
    01-03-21_1-18-31_AM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The building also served as a rotation point for groups of students rotating in out of Britechester or Foxbury between terms.
    So basically I was playing these sims through high school and Uni.
    05_10_20_11_51_44_PM.png

As far as community lots, I created Student stores so my students can simply buy things they could not get while in Uni. I would useually have them go shopping there before they leave for Uni.
    12-04-19_6-06-54nbspAM.png

This store is for Britechester U., but I also had one themed for Foxbury.
    12-05-19_6-08-22nbspAM.png

But now that we have High School Years, I moved the building to Copperdale, to this only choice, as EA loves small lots, even in town centers.
    07-28-22_1-04-14_PM_ugb2PgP1sFAKUgVXfYYaQs.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

My University Stores are still in Britechester, but I might return the Library back to Britechester.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,360 Member
    I added a garden restaurant to the Britechester uni neighborhood (previously Darkwing House, I think).

In Gibb's Hill I made the bar residential and added basic guest rooms to the upper floor. In my imagination the pub owner rents them out to students (that was before For Rent and I still don't own the pack, so it's still make believe). It's a convenient place to live, with the little beach and grilling spot just down the stairs. Maybe put the coffee shop here?

I do have bowling lanes in the world, but I put them into the Foxbury commons for space reasons. The huge building also got a proper robotics lab upstairs and downstairs a kindergarten nook where parents can drop off their toddlers while attending courses (or while waiting for their partners to finish the course).
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,109 Member
    I added a garden restaurant to the Britechester uni neighborhood (previously Darkwing House, I think).

I do have bowling lanes in the world, but I put them into the Foxbury commons for space reasons. The huge building also got a proper robotics lab upstairs and downstairs a kindergarten nook where parents can drop off their toddlers while attending courses (or while waiting for their partners to finish the course).

I thought about bowling lanes in the commons....but I thought that was unrealistic. All the lots are so small in Britechester to add a full on bowling alley but I put two bowling lanes in a basement of a university bar I downloaded from the gallery. its tight but it works.
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 107 Member
    Thank you for this thread. Lots of great ideas posted!

I turned all the lots in the middle/downtown area into community lots. I have a bar, a restaurant, a Café, a thift/bubble tea store, and the library.
    All of my lots are gallery uploads as I am not much of a builder but I do follow a number of builders on yt.
    In Britechester I added a cafe and study spot to the 30/20 lot and updated the student center with a lot that incorporates a gym and wellness area. I didn't realize you could change the lot type of the dorms to something else so I might have to make some changes. I like the above listed idea of a bookstore.
    In Foxbury I updated the student center to include more activities and changed the 30x20 lot into a bar and bowling alley.
  • Options
    tatselktatselk Posts: 521 Member

For Gibbs Hill, I have turned the library into a Dark Academia, collegiate gothic sorta build.

dd5e61353be902d11b7818039ba30a2bcdd7d0b7.jpg

I have booted out the Pleasant twins from Mossy Lane (they are now teens with their parents in Willow Springs) and turned it into a brownstone townhouse-style vacation rental.

I like to think that Sims can stay in it whilst visiting friends/relatives who are studying at the university.

013dfc374f38755b0925be83d9a866d0e49d2136.jpg

For University of Britechester, I have turned the commons into a larger, Neoclassical build so that there is more space for student activities.

f70cf965c2fbc887c73c18b49f68bb309635402b.jpg

To make Britechester a more vibrant college town, I plan to add in a few more community lots like a restaurant, a cafe/office multi-lot and/or a thrift/bubble tea store. Just need to figure out how to arrange them since there are so few lots to play around with...

• Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 107 Member
    This video might provide you with some inspiration for revamping your Britechester

https://youtu.be/1K6KivhesqY?si=pK49afA8abBD_TSE
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,414 Member
    edited May 5
    I changed one of the foxbury student dorms into a spa, it's still a bit unfinished though
    yagtiOh.png
    X8ELWST.png
    zVFOCml.png

I built a new bar
    7L3INtg.png
    S6XWzqD.png
    yGfaLfv.png
    FO7fcMp.png

I renovated Honeydew Fields
    n5meqn7.png
    l0zBa6V.png

I also changed Britechester student dorms and other buildings with gallery creations.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,998 Member
    I added a spa to the basement of the bar.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,491 Member
    tatselk wrote: »
    For Gibbs Hill, I have turned the library into a Dark Academia, collegiate gothic sorta build.
    dd5e61353be902d11b7818039ba30a2bcdd7d0b7.jpg

I have booted out the Pleasant twins from Mossy Lane (they are now teens with their parents in Willow Springs) and turned it into a brownstone townhouse-style vacation rental.

I like to think that Sims can stay in it whilst visiting friends/relatives who are studying at the university.

013dfc374f38755b0925be83d9a866d0e49d2136.jpg

For University of Britechester, I have turned the commons into a larger, Neoclassical build so that there is more space for student activities.

f70cf965c2fbc887c73c18b49f68bb309635402b.jpg

To make Britechester a more vibrant college town, I plan to add in a few more community lots like a restaurant, a cafe/office multi-lot and/or a thrift/bubble tea store. Just need to figure out how to arrange them since there are so few lots to play around with...

Those are great builds @tatselk!

Thank you for the awesome ideas folks - I tend to forget about Britechester quite often since I’d usually “homeschool” my university students. Needless to say it is a very beautiful, albeit small world perfectly suitable for Neo Classical, Georgian and English Gothic architecture. My plan is to turn Britechester into a Victorian era town centre, although for that to work I might have to ignore Foxbury’s modern campus altogether and pretend it doesn’t (yet) exist.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 951 Member
    2Lws7yO.png
    I've been very happy with my Britechester and am still eagerly waiting for to get to play in the renovated university dorms (I added saunas and other fun stuff there and the university commons are full of activities too).

Anyway, my community lots are quite basic. Just the library and a couple of bars for students to hang out. There's an archeology table in the library that one of my graduated sims still uses. I think it's fun that he has to travel to the library to do archeology stuff :lol: It's like he still has connections to the university.

I kept the old Elderberrys in case I want some of my university students to live with them, and Lilith Pleasant and Becca Clarke live in the other house with the university ghost Felix Psyded.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited May 22
    I've transformed the central neighbourhood with a mashup of dark academia and midcentury styles with three community lots. The story I've come up with is that the original (old) buildings got updated once Foxbury institute was built, necessitating better and higher-volume facilities and also livening up the town to be more fun for students. I enjoy building multi-functional lots so there is a lot to do at each. If you download it, you can change the lot types to what you prefer, or you can change them as your gameplay requires to get full functionality. Keep in mind that you'll have to go into world edit mode and then back into live mode for the full functionality to load.

MAP
    Hdlf3rL.png

LAUREL LIBRARY
    YL5Ki3f.png

I think the two styles are particularly fun here, and allows you to have the study atmosphere that you prefer. The lot is big so I think the distinct styles also break it into different zones that are easier to navigate visually. There are also a few different hobby rooms. You can build a wide variety of skills here, and I included multiple skill books.

Exterior
    V7qlnQH.png
    9yyys66.png
    C95Zvir.png

Interior
    4Voy4t9.png
    0AXOfXP.png
    DQoM518.png
    u9H0GJn.png
    Ay25Jp3.png
    ZIckraP.png

Basement: labs and mini theatre
    MfxuKyi.png
    0nvQoCb.png
    KxTMUux.png

Main cafeteria
    EQOhcbl.png

GNOMEOS
    ltpLrBA.png

I'm considering editing this building to include a basement swimming pool.

Cafe area
    C4iP9Fh.png
    mwno9Yh.png
    ZLgr7pc.png

Laundromat (unfortunately non-functional)
    W312IiK.png

Gym
    CaeyX3W.png
    ItAQJJs.png
    Ueb0tvj.png
    ImhZCPW.png

BRITECHESTER BITES
    OYNltvV.png

Diner
    p8lEUec.png
    DGl9Bvg.png
    a4pnHKg.png
    VYgdmxT.png

Bowling
    czADSaq.png

Nightclub
    QCSKrQP.png
    1WQ2187.png
    xiuYbwo.png
    tPVDhhp.png

Post edited by Louise_G0325 on
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 969 Member
    I am boring and kept the old community lots with some changes, of. course.
    I still feel sorry for not having students finishing the rockets or feeing the cow plant.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,987 Member
    Wow great builds @Louise_G0325 !
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,058 Member
    edited May 22
    I haven't been playing much in Britechester but this is what I have so far
    TJjoQmN.png
    and some pictures of the lots although i tried to just give overview
    Drake & Wywern Hall

OeThRyr.png
    KUnSWJg.png

Both have same upper level and outside look

ia2x4PQ.png
    QV2DOAX.png

Soccer Field
    wanted outdoors one and didn't want to block that pretty shell building behind this lot

TR0W9lt.png
    vqhMtiV.png

BFF Incident (camping thingies)
    I'm impressed it seems that cowplant is still alive
    just thought camping might be fun while in university

kZfyoL9.png
    qYtYTOa.png

Honeydew Fields (Elderberry Household)
    slight exterior inspo from TS2 and 132 Almond Road
    but more like sweet old cottage trapped between new builds

N1vCNVs.png

and ofcourse, Rohan has just moved in with some boxes so I wanted to keep that vibe

sxG6EgG.png
    qTG8jrf.png

Mossy Lane & Spring Steppes (Greek houses)

qBxQf7z.png

Mossy Lane is for some studious Britechester gentlemen, although slightly incomplete

Wzj0DLy.png
    rS7wEm4.png
    DioO1Re.png

Spring Steppes for ladies from Foxbury who are rather more concerned with socializing and looking good

RAjXKXy.png
    lsrzkvh.png
    MKQ5MOv.png

Bar
    I don't really even remember what I changed but this is how it is atm

XcbTfWb.png
    IhyeHDY.png
    pX7FrLR.png
    WRb5KRS.png

Foxbury dorms
    forgot exterior oops but yeah kind of like this

64s0YcH.png

lost steam at second one kind of so idk about that one

KZUDzgU.png

Foxbury university housing
    will probably edit this too eventually (especially cause I realized I could use that new party kit to make it more party)
    but this is how it is currently, I remember I saw someone do similar layout for the downstairs so I thought that was neat idea and did it too
    SYxg8lT.png
    Gt46oRV.png
    qo53UL7.png

have not really updated since oasis kit I think but theres some room for improvements

bdvbE4m.png
    2GTzIiq.png
    b6p4xOe.png
    4liVULN.png

oh is it last one already thank watcher :lol:
    last but not least

Foxbury Commons
    edited this some time ago too can't really even remember what it used to look like
    18Ce2PQ.png
    zoUHrtO.png

mostly just some science/techy things for studying and cafeteria + party hangout stuff

xWPImeH.png
    dBCqnsY.png

also love those builds! @Louise_G0325
    I should probably make my library lot multifunction too when I get to it :)
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,058 Member
    edited May 22
    Started working on that library lot today

nPJuLbH.png
    ADo0yzB.png
    Now let us see how many years I take to furnish this :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free