Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to help a sim lose weight?

The super sim I'm playing has gained some weight (I blame the pizza she ordered at one point). It's not a lot, but noticeable and I want her back to her original, made in CAS, weight. I tried buying her the lose weight potion in the aspiration reward listing. But when she took it, it made her nothing but skin and bones thin and I don't want that, either! I don't want to build up her muscles too much, I don't like that look for her. But, I DO want her to lose weight...Does anyone have any suggestions of activities I could have her do, to lose weight but not gain muscle at the same time?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,527 Member
    I have found that jogging daily has helped a sim lose weight without bulking up. Other than that, if you have the icecream maker, you could get her to eat the Taste of Diet icecream and she will lose weight. It takes about three servings for a very fat sim to come back to a regular weight.
  • Options
    Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,268 Member
    @crocobaura thank you very much! I do have the ice cream maker, but I'd forgotten all about the diet ice cream. Thank you again!
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,809 Member
    There a bunch of videos on this topic but happened to watch this one a bit a ago and surprised to learn what they eat affects them. He (and another simmer I saw) had a sim lose weight with salad for dinner.
    https://youtu.be/L9syyUfYwgs?si=8vzOd7ex4lGBSGNp

• Options
    Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,268 Member
    @LeucosiaX that video was VERY informative and helpful, thank you so much as well!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,124 Member
    edited May 1
    If you have Spa Day I'd go with yoga
    I find that gives sims nice and more realistic shape (not super thin not super muscly)

When we first got pools I had selfsim lose lots of weight by swimming but that made her absolute tank 🤣 I've avoided swimming too much after that 😂
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 801 Member
    I love the diet icecream. If you want to slim down a Sim that you do not play, invite them on vacation, Bring the ice cream machine along and make icecream and leave it out on the counters. All the guests go home slimmer. I have sold the diet ice cream at a selling table and I have gifted it, but inviting Sims on vacation seems the way to have the most control.

If I am using cheats, I use the full edit mode cheat and I just use the sliders in CAS.

If you are using Mods, l love the healthy food delivery mod
    https://www.curseforge.com/sims4/mods/delivery-healthy-food

Some foods have no calories.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/10Ne0E4gtL_xXUK9lkAJElUgg7D_evzENC7tixZ02NGA/edit?pli=1
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,899 Member
    I usually buy them a threadmill and have them run on that, at the same time they watch the cooking show so they can drool over all the food I won't allow them to eat :) I also have practically all my sims do yoga regularly. I'm not letting them have the ice cream machine (or the popcorn one) because they get obsessed and wont leave it alone.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,527 Member
    With the icecream, I like to put it on restaurant menus, so they can access it without having to buy the appliance. I also have an icecream shop that sells it by the bucket and there are also free samples they can eat on the spot. I started stocking a vending freezer with icecream cones whenever the owner makes a new flavour so they can buy the cones instead of a whole bucket.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,912 Member
    I take said overweight Sim into cas.fulleditmode and edit off the unwanted pounds. I do that for my active Sims, too, who become too muscle-bound. I don't mind a tummy with a six-pack, but when the shoulders and arms are way too bulging, I just don't like the look. :open_mouth: I also use the Flag system from MCCC to help keep my Sims from gaining weight. They all do it, I've found.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,035 Member
    edited May 4
    Jogging is a good aerobic/cardio exercise--an easy, cheap way for sims to lose weight. It doesn't add bulging muscles either.
    Rachel jogging to trim down.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2111237&authkey=%21AMOs9pwYoowK8ig&width=1920&height=1080
    I also like yoga for toning. This is Rachel after some jogging.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2111564&authkey=%21AGxFZRxpFvRcNPI&width=1920&height=1080
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,124 Member
    edited May 5
    I don't mind a tummy with a six-pack, but when the shoulders and arms are way too bulging, I just don't like the look. :open_mouth:

I think muscly sims are cool beans as any 😎

but I think it just goes too fast from 0 to 100 in sims that I try to avoid it on my normie sims that are not Tank Grunt

like it just wouldn't make sense to me if Simmingal lifted some weights and became Tank Gal overnight that is just uh extremely unrealistic progress I don't like to see

same way as I don't really like to see the diet drink turning Simmingal into uh Tim Burton character or something

its just too big difference for minimal effort
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free