Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Retail

So, my shopping mall owning sim added a few jewelry items to the store, and set them for sale. I read that selling Crystal Creation jewelry was broken, but was patched already.

Today another sim visited the shopping mall to buy some jewelry, but I can't make it work. The price tag symbol pops up, but I was surprised that it does not tell me the cost. Then I noticed there is no action when clicking the item. But - this is probably not related to jewelry, because the same happens when trying to buy anything else.

It's been quite a while since I played retail, so I now wonder if I do something wrong. It is in the middle of the night, but there is no info that the mall is closed, and I thought those shops were open 24/7 - or at least they used to be? If the shop itself is broken due to lack of employees etc, would there not be a hint graphically? The visiting sim is from a different household than the mall owner.

Can anyone see where I go wrong?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,423 Member
    Once you set items for sale, other sims should be able to buy them. Maybe there is some other issue, like accessibility. Not all shelves and tables are suitable for shopping, I remember I once placed items for sale in a suitable looking glass case but no one could buy those items.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Once you set items for sale, other sims should be able to buy them. Maybe there is some other issue, like accessibility. Not all shelves and tables are suitable for shopping, I remember I once placed items for sale in a suitable looking glass case but no one could buy those items.

Thanks. But this mall is old, I have tested to buy items that could be bought in the past, meaning shelves/displays used to work.

I returned o the mall the following day to see if it was the night that was the problem, but my sim could not buy anything in daytime either. It was a Saturday, but one should expect malls to be open on a Saturday ;)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,423 Member
    I will check in my game to see if they still work as they used to. Maybe it's something to do with the NPCs, they fixed them, but some don't work as they used to before they broke them.
  • Options
    Talking about NPCs, there were no employees in the store... so it was obviously not open. I just don't understand why. There were no "alarms" when the owner placed those items couple days ago.

Now I wonder what version my game is, LOL... I skipped the latest patch, but I think I go the earlier ones.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,061 Member
    It sounds like the shop broke a lot if there are no employees. They should be open 24/7, there should be NPCs and you should be able to sell things. I would go back with the owner and see if there if something wrong, or if they even still own the place.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,934 Member
    Hi @Simmerville can you make a backup of your save and test without mods?
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    It's a reported bug, owned retail will not show employeers and will be not be open when you visit them with others sims, should be fixed soon
  • Options
    Thank you! Sounds like I should look for a thread over at HQ. My game is modded so I can't start my own, but I probably should metoo.

Hoping for a fix soon, especially because there is no other way than retail for sims to get jewelry. Every single resident can't be into gemology.
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 85 Member
    I have the same problem. I have retail lots that once worked but now no longer work. Good to know it is being worked on.
  • Options
    TwilightDebTwilightDeb Posts: 4 New Member
    In my test I have discovered if any store is owned you can't buy anything but if it is unowned it works as normal.
  • Options
    In my test I have discovered if any store is owned you can't buy anything but if it is unowned it works as normal.

Oh, that i very useful to know! Thanks!