Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Erwin Pries...

My latest Sim just met Erwin and they seemed to have rather good compatibility. So, lets discuss Erwin Pries

I) How old is Erwin (in years, given that he is YA and my Sims age up to adult at 30 years)
II) What do you reckon Erwin wants to do as a "grown up" career when he leaves the curio shop behind and settles down?
III) Have anyones Sims had babies with Erwin and how do his genetics generally turn out?
IV) Does Erwin have family? Parents, siblings...

Comments

• Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    The very first time I played through Strangerville's storyline my sim married Erwin Pries, but I haven't actually played with him since. All the premades are dead in my save now.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Updated with Bonus Questions

V) If he was an occult, which type would Erwin be?
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    In my head cannon Erwin is in his mid 20s. I don't have an exact age in mind. He's very proud of his curio stall, but he might want to expand to a larger bric-a-brac store down the road. It would have a basement under it that would be the headquarters of a conspiracy theory club. His father died trying to save his mother from an alien abduction, so he's alone in the world. He doesn't know that he has an older sister that his mother gave up for adoption when she was younger. She was adopted by a Mr. and Mrs. Hastings who named her Eliza.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    1) I always saw him as around 28
    2) I think, even if he settled down, he would never have a 'grown up' career. I think he would spend a lot of time in his basement with his listening device and probably just become an internet personality, spreading the word about aliens and governmental secret agendas.
    3) Nope
    4) His mother was actually an alien, though Erwin doesn't know that. His father was abducted, impregnated and then eaten for breakfast after Erwin was born.
    5) If he was an occult, it would have to be an alien of course!
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member

I) I picture him on the lower end of the scale, either in or fresh out of college. 18-21. He's shown in preview pictures for Discover University with the DU premades, so if you have headcanon ages for Cameron Fletcher and Julia Wright, Erwin would slot right in there.

II) Iirc his default vest is the one with the mysterious creatures on, or maybe I put it on him, in any case I can see him as a cryptozoologist. Ingame archaeologist or conservationist would be a good fit for that kind of sim. Or simply let him open a business where he sells curios (collectables). Maybe pretend he's a museum curator with a souvenier shop on the side.
    Botanist is an option, too, especially if he played the Strangerville quest and picked up some genetics in its course.

III) Yes, twice, will post some images later!

IV) None I know of. I tend to cast George Cahill as Erwin's father or father figure.

V) I'm partial towards werewolf, because he reminds me of a fox.

Here's werewolf/werefox Erwin in my game:

b1dc948b989eac4f9738f4c7d1c5dbde32960dfd.pnj
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Loving these answers.

Oh my @EnkiSchmidt. Werewolf Erwin is adorable! :o
  • Options
    So, as promised my Erwin offspring. He makes the cutest toddlers and children, adults not so much.

First is Alwin, his mother is Alice Martin. This pairing got suggested in the Strangerville promo material, so as close to canon as can get.

I always kept Alwin a bit overweight, because he got born with the pear shape body type, and a little extra fat conceals that. His face is rather awkward as an adult.
    cc456522f3bf6d85ea9e218cdd8f108d8b92a112.pnj

ec46a6e1faeda008d38cb9fed1a5234923d0cb48.pnj

Toddler Alwin (the one with the glasses):

a984afa9f847a1f54628daef407dbca43cf02178.pnj

Alwin's son (Erwin's grandson) with the Roswell/Cahill heiress:
    5103547916f855b967a60de7d42d20785436f7fe.png

Next he had four children with Julia Wright. This was a poverty challenge, so the sims look underfed. That's not neccessarily coming from Erwin's genes. The challenge ends when the youngest child becomes a YA, and I didn't focus on the already aged up ones, so unfortunately I couldn't find any good YA pics of them.

Wilhelmine and Hermine as teens:

91fabff03ba95c28e7da7b6ea1c54b5dc7dbcbf7.pnj

Teen Wilhelmine
    653623e8ca9471b058d01e4ab14c8dd21d9aab46.pnj

Teen Hermine:
    2151510eba1a5122af640c822f5294fccc70bdd9.pnj

Karl and Mark as toddlers:

86d10e03c370c3d13f622d1ae24386e8c7f86dcb.png

And as teens:

06d84faebb01635ea52cdf803bea0055efd67efd.png

7c3dd0b15ab9c93c40f1c1775fe7371a9e80d077.png

Mark closeup:

50f806a2b1b613cbdc5d668602e614f1ce4eca64.pnj

• Options
    New idea out of the blue: If Erwin spent his teen years tracking conspiracies and trying to prove aliens are real, he should be well versed in Photography, Media Production, Writing and Research/Debate. That could lead to an artistic career like photographer or even one where he has to be convincing (law, politics). I never played such a down to earth Erwin myself, but it might be an interesting take on him.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    One of my sims had a son with Erwin. He's still a child so hope he grows up OK. If not I'll rearrange him in manage worlds.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    I thought this was amusing; with the help of a mod which I am forbidden to mention, I've created several adult-themed clubs....and Erwin Pries is a hard-core regular at every one of them lol
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Just discovered one of my Sims had created a club with YA and teens only and now she's an adult and kicked out of her own club, Erwin Pries is running it. I heard he doesn't die if you leave him alone so this club will last forever as it's not important to me to fix. It was a club for erratic people and still has members.