Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to move sheep and goats to another household?

My current sim household has 2 (mini) sheep and 2 goats. But they take up a bit too much time together with owning horses. Can I move them to another household? I don't want to just delete them.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I believe one of your Sims is going to have to move with them.

I moved Julianna out of the main household a while back in order to focus on some of the other household members and then realized the sheep and goat were gone also. Switched over to her temporary lot and they were in her inventory.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    Do they go into a sims personal inventory or the household inventory?
  • Options
    Personal inventory.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 so moving the new owner of the sheep in, placing the sheep in his personal inventory and moving him out should work. I will give it a try next time I get into the game.
  • Options
    I'm not sure about a 'new' owner. I have moved out other household members and the sheep and goat stayed. Only with Julianna, who originally purchased them.
  • Options
    Ok so I did a quick test.

I only have two sims currently living in my household. Julianna and her daughter Isabel.

I moved Isabel out and the sheep and goat remained.

I moved Isabel back in, Julianna out, and the sheep and goat went with her, in her inventory.
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    If they are in their inventory you can gift them to another sim.
  • Options
    @blueybluesky awesome!
  • Options

Awesome. That would be even easier to do than I thought.
  • Options

The sheep and goats are now safe with their new owner. My sim was able to use the friendly gift interaction to give them when they were in her inventory. It is a mystery how she squished them in the small box used for the gift animation but it worked. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited March 15

Yes, you can. I just had Kayleigh give a gift to her husband, Erik, the give gift allows you to choose something from the personal inventory.

NnvegXb.jpg
    HLX1Kmk.jpg

It goes into the personal inventory of the one gifted and from there you have that Sim place in world. Voila.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/