Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

favorite MCCC settings

aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,099 Member
What are you favorite MCCC settings that you feel you can't live without now?

Comments

• Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member
    Tray population feature is what I like most about Mc Command Center. Hotties populating my game always makes it interesting.
    It's a total game changer.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 635 Member
    1. flag sims immortal
    2. force sim to leave
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    Flag freeze sim physique
    Flag freeze sim appearance

I create the sims I want and I want them to stay that way.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,041 Member
    Age settings - I want my sim to age up when I want them to
    Saved outfits - I want NPCs and those who age up to only wear clothing that I find appropriate (especially for historic settings)
    The various marriage/woohoo settings - I want people to marry and live life without me micromanaging
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 14
    1. Import Tray
    Townies are all unique sims pulled from my library. You can find a bunch of townie starter pack households on the Gallery.
    2. Make Sim Leave
    Yes! I use this "cheat" every time my sim is out in public because others refuse to mind their own beeswax.
    3. Testing Cheats enabled + Debug Commands
    Debug Commands gives you access to debug cheats.
    4. Situational Outfits
    I don't like the silly themed outfits sims are assigned for certain events.
    5. Freeze Physique
    I use roBurkys fitness mod but there's some sims who are extra special and I don’t want their body shape to change.
    6. Flag As Immortal
    Useful for my simself
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    oooh this is why I asked this question to find settings I don't know about. What is this import tray thing? The game will pull sims from my gallery as NPC's??? where is this setting/info on how to set this up??
  • Options
    edited March 14
    @aaronrulz This procedure from Better Random Townies will do the trick.

How To Generate Townies from Library using MCCC
    • Click a computer in the game and select ‘MC Command Center’
    • Then select ‘MC Population>Population Settings>Import Tray Settings’
    • Set the Import ‘Tray Sim Percent’ to 100%.
    • In ‘Limit Import by Tags’ select Only Include Tags
    • In ‘Include Clothing’ select Enabled.
    • In ‘Import Bypass Appearance’ select Enabled

This will allow the game to generate new townies from any household in your Library with #mccc_include tag. This will not affect previously generated townies.

NOTE: if you use the active detective career from Get to Work setting the percent to 100% will screw up the generated suspects matching the outfit descriptions. I run between 50% - 75% and then use the Dresser function to clean up horribly dressed townies.
    Cheers
    C.
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    @Caerfinon love it! thanks can't wait to try !
  • Options
    @aaronrulz I have about 120 sims in my library for townie creation to meet the needs of world population. If you use a mod like Home Regions then each world needs more townies to cover population needs.
    Cheers
    C.
  • Options
    Caerfinon wrote: »
    @aaronrulz I have about 120 sims in my library for townie creation to meet the needs of world population. If you use a mod like Home Regions then each world needs more townies to cover population needs.

Ok i just looked up Home regions mod and that is very useful!! so I can use Home Regions mod alongside MCCC and it works together well? Imagine not having Judith Ward digging through trash in Evergreen Harbor or Nancy Landgraab sitting at the bar Glimmerbrook. As it should be!
  • Options
    They work together very well.
    Cheers
    C.
  • Options
    edited March 14
    Caerfinon wrote: »
    They work together very well.

sorry one more question. Does the MCCC tray importer setting override EA townies? So I will NEVER get an EA townie as long as my library is filled up? and it won't duplicate the same townies?
  • Options
    @aaronrulz

Your existing townies are not changed. Only new Townies will be selected from the tray. You can delete you homeless townies and new ones will be created from tray to fill positions.

If you have enough sims in you library to cover all the requirements for townies AND your import is set to 100% you should not get an EA townie.

The tray feature is set to not import a sim into the game if a sim with the same name is already present. There is an issue, though for sims that get married and their last name changes. At that point a duplicate sim with the original Library name can show up. If you disable name changes for married couples the issue doesn't present. (I just delete the duplicate sim)
    Cheers
    C.
  • Options
    @Caerfinon thank u!
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Turn off monster under the bed. If there were something cool that could come of my kids dealing with the monster, I'd keep it. As it is, it's just a random "some of your sims won't get sleep" event.

Various marriage/divorce/pregnancy probabilities. Neighborhood stories doesn't go far enough and I don't always want to update each family by hand.

Force sim to leave. There's just too many times the game hangs up on having a sim leave after a party or social event. I consider this an actual essential function so it's not like, oh, well, we just have a guy standing behind the couch now.

Looks like I maybe have to tinker with the tray and dresser settings to put an end to random, poorly-dressed sims.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,041 Member
    @kemowery I love the force to leave option! I use it all the time. And the change sims clothes option too, when they are dressed inappropriately for the situation. Marriage through MCCC is also awesome, but I wish there were even more settings on who would marry who so I could dictate more.

I also wish there was a setting for sending some YA to uni automatically, or move them out to get jobs and homes of their own.

The tray setting is absolutely brilliant! I can strongly recommend it. Not always easy to figure out, and I wish there was a way to increase the range (include all color variant of a dress for example), or copy an outfit from Adult to elders, and maybe an entirely unique setting for teens, as I generally don't want my teens to dress like 50-year-olds, but even without that, it's absolutely brilliant to stop the awfulness of the randomisation.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!