Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Growing Together a good pack?

I've been eyeing up Growing Together for a while and I see that it's on sale. I haven't heard much talk about it for a while though so I wondered what the general consensus was. I play families most of the time so it would potentially get a lot of use.
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Is Growing Together a good pack? 52 votes

It's a good pack and worth the full price
36%
bshag4lvSara1010PgrevilliablueIrishSimmer21Oolonglongelanorbretonsimgirl1010cchant86luthienrisingspice3Bashsync2015musteniBlueR0seDrakosTTNsimmerbrizgalFatTribble23mightyspritelucombre 19 votes
It's a good pack to get on sale
63%
Goldmoldarbandit5alexspoom13MiataPlaylisamwittfreindlylolalanmichael1SimplyJenFreddyFox1234Ninja-Dan22AineOldeseadoggeLiELFMDianaSimsRedShoe7MirkaKaroliinaSERVERFRAGordySimmingalEllupelluellu 33 votes
It's not a good pack
0%

Comments

• Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Only my opinion of course but I did in fact buy Growing Together at full price and never regretted it. Not to say there weren't bugs of course but I have still had a tremendous amount of fun with it. And I haven't had a noticeable bug from this pack for quite a while. If you're not a family player you may not get as much out of it but if you are I think you'll love it.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    lucombrelucombre Posts: 45 Member
    It makes the game what the base game should’ve been - but personally I’m happy paying for it rather than not having these features at all.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I love this pack, for me personally it is a must have for family gameplay.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I like it, but I bought it more for the compatibility feature because I really missed the chemistry system from Sims 2. I have yet to play with all of the family stuff, but what I've seen so far is nice.These are the kinds of packs I like a lot; they have a fair share of "hidden" features and gameplay that isn't obvious at first but shows up in gameplay and has a little more longevity. It's a nice pack, no complaints. ☺️
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 633 Member
    I only ever buy on sale.... good pack though.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I’d definitely recommend this pack on sale (I don’t get any EP at full price). I take its features for granted now across all my gameplay — the milestones and the compatibility especially. I like the way it changes relationship dynamics, so that some sims are harder/easier for your sim to build relationships with, depending on compatibility. I like the mid-life crisis too. That can happen when you’re not expecting it, and I like that rare bit of unpredictability that makes the game a bit more challenging. The pack is particularly great for family play.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    It really is a good pack with a lot of things I use, and I haven't noticed any bugs with it.

But I'll never pay for a pack not on sale again or recommend it. Until the last few months I hadn't bought anything not on sale, ever. For Christmas I decided to get For Rent as a Christmas present to myself. It has bugs that still aren't fixed, bugs that keep me from playing rentals. Despite this I decided recently to get a bundle for myself for my birthday, and now my game is crashing and freezing on loading screens. I think it's probably related to recent patches, but I'm still immensely aggravated.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Thanks, everyone. I decided to go for it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Good for bb & CAS but the world is a waste of good hard drive space. Vast amounts of unusable area, too little to do or find, waaay too few lots to work with. The typical for a long time now EA TS4 world.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 10
    Just saw you bought it :)

I really like it and it is rather useful when playing families but I always struggle with rating packs like this where main parts of pack are more of a side show to me

like do I use it constantly? probably.
    is it fun? yup.

but its not like "heck yeah vampires" kind of pack though where I love everything at all times
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    It's ok for a family play. Also, it goes perfectly with Parenthood.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I bought it full price and after the milestones bug got fixed I really like it!
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    If you're iffy on it, always wait for a sale, but I bought it full price and havent regretted it.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I really like it for family play! It makes some of it more meaningful, and pairs really well with Parenthood. I think it wouldn't be worth full price for people who really aren't into family play, though. And I think it's best on PC/Mac where you can get expanded Milestones sets from modders.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I waited until the milestones bug was fixed then I bought it :)

I love the compatibility system! I use it all the time. It really changes the experience of meeting new sims and makes it feel (finally) like not all relationships/potential relationships are the same.
    Especially combined with the sexual orientation system.

The expanded infant gameplay is really fun too.

The premades are wonderful.

Everything else that came with the pack, San Sequoia, baby showers, kids riding bikes, rec center lot type, etc. is just a bonus.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    This is a great thread :smile: I don't have Growing Together either and I think I might rather get it than For Rent, if I buy either of them. (For Rent I'm most interested in the new jacuzzi, marbles and hopscotch :sweat_smile: So it's not really worth it yet.) The first pack to buy would be CrCr, though.

Anyway, the compatibility system sounds good and I think I might like more in depth infants, though I can also play without them. Kids riding bikes and the treehouse are probably nice. But I'm unsure whether I want my sims to have a midlife crisis. I read you can avoid it though, so it's probably not that bad. I have also heard San Sequoia is a boring world, so I'm not too interested in having it in my game. I have more worlds than I can use already :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Yes, it has a lot of game play, likes and dislikes which can measure the compatibility of your sims. A great system. Bikes and learning to ride them for children, and a treehouse to build. Diaper changer, and tons of cute milestones for infants. The infants seem so real with the pack. It has the new community lot, and a nice world. I usually buy my packs before they go on sale, and this one is well worth it. But if you can catch it on sale, even better.
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    edited March 11
    It adds a lot of things that work in the background, in contrast to the horse ranch EP that adds a lot of "substantial" content and no overarching feature, to compare. Growing Together adds depth to family gameplay, interaction with other sims, milestones that you can unlock depending on the things your Sim actually achieve... This EP comes with a lot of things you might not see if you don't work for it.
    But it also comes with more obvious gameplay, such as improved infants, activities, a new type of venue...

I personally don't use the community lot that much but I really like the pack overall for the depth it brings to the game.

I voted "not at full price" because the whole game is just too 🐸🐸🐸🐸 expensive with everything bought at full price and I feel like Sims 2 (and Sims 3 to an extent even though I didn't like the game) had way more content for the same price tag (one could argue that 40€ 15 years ago was worth more than 40€ now so TS4 packs are technically cheaper), but I do recommend it a lot :D
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    It's great if you want complexer infants, but has not much to offer otherwise. All those milestones and family dynamics are as forgettable as the lifestyles from Snowy Escape etc. Among the 2023 EPs, I think this is the weakest pack while the much underrated Horse Ranch is the clear winner. (OK: I also love the Rec Centers from GrT).