Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your Sim Nation name?

This is a question primarily aimed at other SimLit writers, but really for anyone who has thought about it... What is the name of your Sim Nation or Sim Nations?

I mean, I know each "world" has a name (Willow Creek, Windenburg, Tartosa) but, assuming they are all interconnected in some way, is there a name of the nation, or nations, they are all part of (either an official one I don't know about or one you've come up with)?

Myself, I tend to clump the "worlds" together in groups... Willow Creek, Newcrest and Magnola Prominade being one, San Myshuno, San Sequoia and Del Sol Valley being another. I haven't come up with a name for the overall "Sim Nation" however.
Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Interesting! I started out with just a "region", because I was not playing on a stately level. But as more worlds were added and my political system grew, I now find myself playing the Mazaloom kingdom, and the Empire of Snorthia and Sea kingdom :) Mazaloom is my main focus, involving most of the worlds (I refer to them as Districs). Snorthia covers Mt Komorebi and Tomarang, while Sea kingdom covers Sulani and Selvadorada. Mazaloom has 8 regions but I basically group districts based on climate zones, Windenburg in the far north and San Sequoia/Tartosa/Del Sol Vally in the south. There are 4 political parties in my game, and because here is an ongoing regional reform the next election might turn a few factors upside down, looking forward to see who will become the President ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited March 11
    I tend to go by official names of the worlds and I sometimes refer to areas as Sims 2 worlds instead like
    Strangerville x Chestnut Ridge x Oasis Springs x Del Sol Valley = Different parts of Strangetown

when I refer to all worlds that exist in the game its usually SimEarth or Simland or whatever
    and sometimes I forget names and just say Medieval Island or Windenburg Island instead of uh whats it called again
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    Planet Sym has two major nations composed of different lands. The human world, Symlandia, has these lands: Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Brindleton Bay, Strangerville, Windenburg, San Myshuno, and Del Sol Valley. The enchanted world, The Myst, has Glimmerbrook, Granite Falls, Mooncrest (Newcrest+Magnolia Promenade), Henford on Bagley, Copperdale and Britechester. Windenburg is on the border of the two nations and is magic friendly. Selvadorada and Moonwood Mill are independent lands and are Myst allies. San Myshuno is a sanctuary city. Forgotten Hollow is independent and antagonistic to both nations.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Simville, which dates from TS2 days. Have also used the term Simlands, again a TS2 thing.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Myself, I tend to clump the "worlds" together in groups... Willow Creek, Newcrest and Magnola Prominade being one, San Myshuno, San Sequoia and Del Sol Valley being another. I haven't come up with a name for the overall "Sim Nation" however.
    That’s exactly what I do as well. I never thought of a name for the world as a whole, but the individual worlds are grouped together in named "regions", "districts", "countries" or whatever I feel like calling them at a given time, and each has a capital as well.

Right now, these are my regions/districts/countries with their capitals + other worlds:
    Central City - San Myshuno + Willow Creek, Magnolia Promenade, Evergreen Harbor, San Sequoia
    Western Desert - Del Sol Valley + Oasis Springs, Chestnut Ridge, StrangerVille, Tartosa
    Eastern Countryside - Windenburg + Brindleton Bay, Britechester, Copperdale
    Icy North - Mt. Komorebi + Newcrest (turned into an eternal winter world via mod)
    Tropical South - Tomarang + Selvadorada (turned residential via mod), Sulani
    Hidden Magic Forest - Granite Falls (same as Selvadorada) + Glimmerbrook, Forgotten Hollow, Moonwood Mill

Did I forget any? I don’t have the Star Wars pack, so Batuu does not exist in my universe.

Gameplay-wise, I try to restrict where sims can easily travel based on their hometowns, or at least I did until High School Years farted in my face with its restriction of only allowing one school for the entire sim universe. I make exceptions for cases like this, but other than that, say you’re a resident of Oasis Springs and want to get your nails done, but there’s no nail saloon in any of the desert worlds surrounding you, then sorry, you have to wait until one opens or ask a friend to do them for you.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited March 10
    I haven't given it a name, but I treat all non-vacation worlds as if they're part of one country or region. I don't play the Sims as if it's a mini-USA. The othering of certain worlds (Mt. Komorebi, Sulani) irritates me, so my Sims freely travel around and try to represent more than just Western culture with their food, holidays, daily customs, etc. IRL, I know a scary amount of people who while primarily living on one side of a huge country like the USA have traveled to the other side for work during the week and I'm probably not someone who is going to settle down in one country anyway, so I don't see the need for travel restrictions in my game either, especially since the in-game worlds are tiny.
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited March 10
    Well, I'm not a Sims 4 player, but I noticed the title of this thread... I have placed every town that I'm playing on a map in a country called "The United Kingdom of Simbria". Maybe not the most creative name, but that's what I came up with back then. This nation again lies on, of course, a planet in some place in a galaxy far, far away... called "The Simtopian Planet". Of course, this means that there are other countries there as well, I drew a map of the entire thing, but I didn't name all the countries yet. Three other countries have been mentioned though.

1) The tropical island nation of Belo Horizonte (Sunlit Tides).
    2) Communist dystopia Ines Wrist and
    3) Genaro Molokai, which is the neighbouring country of Ines Wrist to the south.

Every nation also have their own flag.

Also, my country of "The United Kingdom of Simbria" is also divided into several former kingdom of its own, all of them named and with their own capitol cities.
    4t2njZH.png
    For those interested here is the latest uploaded version of the map of this country, used to explain how I moved from playing in one town to another. This one doesn't have the names and borders of the individual countries though.
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited March 10
    Awesome... and great to see I'm not the only person who thinks about these things. :)

I use Kuttoe's Home Regions mod to enforce regional divisions in the game. It's pretty good about keeping walkbys and venue sims limited to those from selected worlds. No Sulai beach-bums randomly showing up at Grimtooth's bar. :)

My regions currently are:
    • Willow Creek: Willow Creek, Magnolia Prominade and Newcrest
    • Windenburg: Windenburg, Britechester, Henford on Bagley, Granite Falls, Forgotten Hollow
    • The City: San Myshuno, San Sequoia, Del Sol Valley and Oasis Springs

The other worlds pretty much stand alone, though I have things set so sims from Moonwood Mill can visit Evergreen Harbor but not visa versa. In my story, Moonwood Mill, Glimmerbrook and Evergreen Harbor are all on the outskirts of Windenburg but they don't get tourists. Glimmerbrook is, notoriously, not on any map and you can only find it if you know the way.

I'm still pondering my own SimNation name. Eventually, my story will back me into a corner on it and I'll have to come up with something.

I'd still love to hear how more folks organize your worlds and if you have a name for the SimNation(s). Keep 'em coming.

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited March 10
    Awesome... and great to see I'm not the only person who thinks about these things. :)

I use Kuttoe's Home Regions mod to enforce regional divisions in the game. It's pretty good about keeping walkbys and venue sims limited to those from selected worlds. No Sulai beach-bums randomly showing up at Grimtooth's bar. :)

Glimmerbrook is, notoriously, not on any map and you can only find it if you know the way.

I love Home Regions! It’s made this kind of gameplay possible.

I also have Glimmerbrook as a hidden community in The Myst, along with Sylvan Glade and Forgotten Grotto. I have Sylvan Glade located in the Deep Woods beyond Granite Falls, accessible only if you can find the hidden trail. I use Zero’s All Worlds Are Residential mod to create a community of elves and fairies in Granite Falls. Forgotten Grotto contains the ruins of the Library of the Arcane, and is only accessible to Morgyn Ember and residents of Sylvan Glade, who are its caretakers. An elf named Freddie Frogwhacker guards the Sylvan Glade tree entrance in Willow Creek, since it’s in the human nation.

With Glimmerbrook, it’s surrounded by an impenetrable mist, which was eventually duplicated to separate the enchanted world from the human one, giving the enchanted nation its name. All of The Myst is linked by a portal travel system. To get to Glimmerbrook, Mystians can travel to HoB and meet Bonaparte Smythe, who will guide them in if they’re approved to enter.

Outsiders who want to visit The Myst have to apply for permission. If granted, they are sent instructions to a meeting spot (usually in the Windenburg forest). Bonaparte Smythe will meet them there and guide them in.

Unrelated, in my story, Bonaparte drives a llama cart for hire when he’s not a secret guide. Of course, the llama is the fancy one from the Cottage Living trailer. I’d love to actually have him do that. 😀
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I don't have a name for my worlds, they all go by their original names and I all together they make up the sim world. It could also be sim land or sim stan but I haven't given much thought to it. My sims are world hoppers and think nothing of having breakfast in Oasis Springs while they live in Willow Creek , going for a swim and lunch in Sulani and then night clubbing in Windenberg.
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 794 Member
    The only time I reasoned about it was during my legacy, I would say. In general, most of the neighbourhoods belong to the Sim Nation, its capital is San Myshuno (that I renamed Sim City). Early in the legacy the desertic areas (I don't have all packs, so Strangerville and Oasis Spring) became inhabited by aliens only (because of plot reasons) and obtained their independence from the Sim Nation, founding New Sixam.
    More exotic places, like Sulani or Mt Komorebi, are used to represent separated Nations, and so that teleportation is canon in this setting (thanks, aliens!) my sims are travelling from one end of the planet to the other all the time.

Oh, and of course planet Sixam is a quite relevant location, too.
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Since my main save started out as a giant Detroit: Become Human fanfic, I use real world regions (Detroit, naturally) with a few fictional places added for flavour.

In the rare case I cannot fit a save into my Detroitverse, I'm partial towards using "SimNation" or "Simslandia", depending on whether I imagine my world more US-like or more like Germany.
    The center of my story are Detroit/Michigan/USA and Windsor/Ontario/Canada. Both cities share the same department for paranormal investigations and Detroit also has a space port capable of connecting to Sixam.

Everything that looks urban enough is Detroit, everything else the suburbs and countryside. I sometimes use real world neighborhood and steet names when captioning my screenshots, but it's not a strict 1:1 representation.

Mt. Komorebi's snowy region is Alpine Valley (Michigan), the snow free neighborhood represent the fictional town Senbamachi/Japan. This is where the most prestigious academy for paranormal activites is situated.

Depending on what university my sims attend, neighborhoods or single lots can get defined as Cambridge (MIT) or Maine (Boudoin college), but that is a temporary thing.

Sulani and Selvadorada are the same country, with Selvadorada being the main island. It's situated close to Hawaii. Sulani/Selvadoradastarted out as an isolationist nation consisting of two cultures, one of which dated back to the old Omiscans, the other to Polynesian explorers. It went through some political trouble that still isn't fully resolved.

Oasis Springs is called exactly that. It's a new country that broke off Egypt when magic re-awakened and has the world's most secure prison for occults (my sims can testify how hard it is to escape). Originally Oasis Springs was dominated by the vampire conspiracy, but they are losing ground.

At one point Sixam was also Mars, as there's a whole lot of repurposing lots going on in my game.

The part of Sixam we are able to visit is the Kroy Wen national park. The official first contact between Earth and Sixam took place here - my diplomat cut a fruit of a rare plant and with that REALLY had the government's attention.

Sixam itself is ruled by noble houses, whose influence spheres are all over the place. It's not unusual for a house to have several not connected territories. Cities may have districts keyed to specific houses, but can also be mixed. Unfortunately I can't play with this system for lack of ingame space, so everything important tends to happen in the national park.

The Magic Realm is a space station that's purpose is to stabilize Earth's magic cycle. It got constructed by a team of my played sims.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    I never thought about giving my sim nation a name, but I guess it would be something like alt Earth. A place that's almost like our real life, but not quite. A place where all myths are real, travel to other populated planets is possible, but the economy is whackadoo. One egg is 10 but you can buy a perfectly nice house in a good neighborhood for 50,000.

Like a lot of others here I do group my individual worlds together in a way that makes sense to me based on real world locations. Windenburg is Germany, Sulani is Hawaii, Oasis Springs is Las Vegas NV, etc. I do restrict travel between worlds just because playing that way is more fun to me.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    I never thought about a name for the sims world.
    My sims live in an alternative world where the borders between countries are very vague because sims can go grab a coffee on another continent and be home in time for dinner, lol. Some 'worlds' form a region that belongs together and I tend to keep my sims within one region for everyday activities. For example oasis springs, strangerville and chestnut ridge form a desert region. Windenburg, Henford on Bagley and Glimmerbrook are also closer together. But there regions don't have separate names or equal real life countries.

My sims live on sim Planet. A planet without conflicts between nations and all inhabitants can travel freely across the globe. And the planet is close to a wormhole that connects to Sixam.
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I find it really interesting to learn that I am not the only person who has wondered where all these sim "worlds" sit in the grand scheme of things. I am not a partiularly creative person (although I reeeeeaaaaly wish I was!). I have always thought of sim worlds in each of the sims games as different parts of "Sim City". I know this doesn't really make sense when you have the cold and snowy Mt Komerabi and the beach "world" of Sulani all sitting within the same city but it is the Sims so this is possible! Sim City is probably the largest city in the world but that is another thing... I don't imagine Sim City being in this world. I don't really know where it is. It must be in a different galaxy and that is where Sixam is as well. It is a place that we humans can't get to but other aliens can....obviously (Get To Work!).
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    To give it a name would imply they're aware there is something outside of it ;)

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    I think I may have come up with a name for my Sim Nation...

According to The Sims Wiki, one alternate name for the Sim Nation is Simadonia. Well, I thought, I don't quite like that... but what if I took a page from Sixam and changed it around a little.

Simadonia becomes Misadonia.

Not quite. Mysadonia.

Almost.

Myshudonia... a nation built on the ruins of ancient Myshupotatmia. :lol:

That might work. We'll see. :)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I don't think that heavy. However, my worlds I call are:
    Sulani/Tartosa/Tomarang - The Islands
    Oasis Springs/DS Valley/Strangerville - The Deserts
    Windenburg/Henford/Brindleton Bay/Glimmerbrook - Western Europe
    Forgotten Hollow/Moonwood Mill - Eastern Europe
    Copperdale/Sequoia - British Columbia, Canada
    San Mychino - The City
    Britechester - The Contrast World
    Evergreen Harbor - SiFi/Superhero World
    Newcrest - Sims Landing Pad Default World
    Willow Creek/Magnolia Promenade - Why are these Worlds in my Sims 4

• Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 633 Member
    Mine is Simland and it's national anthem is the song Finland by Monty Python with the Fin bits cleverly replaced with Sim.

"Simland , Simland , Simland
    The country where I want to be
    Pony trekking or camping or just watch T.V.
    Simland , Simland , Simland
    It's the country for me"
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I think I quickly referred to it as Simearth. Nothing very imaginative or extravagant, I was in a hurry. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/