Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Different directions in gameplay

Now that we've experience the longest running Sims version, this is the chance to have a say in changes to the newest game in the franchise. Are there directions in the gameplay that we haven't seen, were only small features or were used in earlier games? I didn't include things like life stages or more options for building because these are already the major focus of the game (whether you like or dislike how they have been used). As always, you can only choose one option, but you can always add more in the comments.

Different directions in gameplay 43 votes

Create-A-World
37%
CK213suetoopSimburianaeval99Gothangelgoodcakebaker62mannannaFraTacChadSims2texanskyLady_BalloraCoconut27mightyspriteTECHSPERT50simmeroriginMomsBusy 16 votes
Time travel or different livable time periods (no phones, no electricity in the past/flying cars in the future)
9%
Mariefoxprice83Agustín CornejowheelochSeashoreLivia 4 votes
More adventure (World Adventures, Jungle Adventure)
9%
CorkysPetalsKathykinsOldeseadoggeDaWaterRat 4 votes
Participation (teaching school rather than attending, being the chef/server/host (Dine Out))
6%
Ninja-Dan22Sarah26CatPerti23 3 votes
More activities and venues away from home (functioning grocery stores, movie theaters, amusement parks, water parks)
9%
simgirl1010Paigeisin5skipBreathe_No_More 4 votes
Designing and creating clothing that your sims can wear
2%
friendlysimmers 1 vote
Art studio/school with a minigame where the player actually paints/sculpts objects that can be placed in-game
0%
Music studio/school with a minigame where the player makes the music
0%
Residential fantasy worlds (livable Magic Realm, Sixam, underwater city, space station, fairy world, superhero city)
23%
windweaverAyradysslisamwittmeskalcyncieEnkiSchmidtGlacierSnowRememberJoySimmingalHavenRose 10 votes
Dancing with the Sims competition/Simlympic gymnastic competiion
2%
SimsILikeSims 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,402 Member
    edited March 8
    Create-A-World
    I think #1 for me is Create a World.

I haven't had much experience with Sims 4 after I stopped playing many years back. But I remember launching the game for the first time on September 2, 2014 and being shocked at the fixed lots and fixed worlds that limit creativity in shaping the neighborhoods. It was just like Sims 1. And that has never been updated.

Sims 2 and 3 allowed free placement of lots and even new maps for fully custom worlds.

Sims 5 must have world customization tools at launch.

He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    All of them, really. Something like TS2's Body Shop would be great as it allows anyone to make their own sim related CC.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I loved World Adventures, I couldn't get enough of if. What we have now is just a bleak shadow in comparison. Selvadorada and Granite Falls look good, but I don't have enough to do there but collect stuff. Once I have everything, there's no reason for me to go back.

Speaking of which, I'd like more interesting places for my sims to live. A proper underwater world for my mersims, a bigger place for my vamps to reside, and yes a livable magic world for my magic folks. I'd also like for fairies to make a return, since it doesn't seem like they will for TS4, with of course a world to accomodate them (like Sylvan Glade, but a lot bigger).

And more worlds like Sulani would be very welcome. I do anything to get away from snow and cold weather (we've had down to -30 celcius this winter). I mean, where else could my sims go swimming in the ocean mid-winter?! :D
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Create-A-World
    I fondly remember making worlds from SimCity to use in an early Sims game and importing my Sims from it to Sim Golf, where they could work their way round your golf course, criticising your poor creativity on creating it on the way. Of course they brought in Sid Meier, a creative genius to make that game.

I wouldn't mind Maxis making a new world where it included residential as well as hotels where you could visit a golf course and combining all the activities you go on holiday for, Ranches for horse riding, cycling tracks, skating rinks, holiday parks in the one pack, depending on which packs you've bought of course.

• Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 175 Member
    More activities and venues away from home (functioning grocery stores, movie theaters, amusement parks, water parks)
    I voted for the venues, but Create-A-World is also quite important.
    Not sure if I will get Sims 5, though, because I only play on a MacBook and I don't know if that is going to be supported.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Time travel or different livable time periods (no phones, no electricity in the past/flying cars in the future)
    I would love to play more effective historical sims. I would also love a liveable fantasy world and create a world. I really enjoy Jungle Adventure so a pack in that vein with a different theme would suit me well, depending on what the theme was.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited March 11
    Residential fantasy worlds (livable Magic Realm, Sixam, underwater city, space station, fairy world, superhero city)
    Occults and Historical

Having been here since TS1
    I'm not majorly interested in going through same packs for 5th time 4 times is quite enough

but I would love
    "The Sims Occults and Eras"
    kind of game

the packs could be inspired by different countries/eras
    and we could have all the occult imaginable, big fire breathing dragon friends and it would be beautiful :bawling::heart:

Unfortunately thats not what Rene is about so far so I'm meh about it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Create-A-World
    I need CAW back, and this time not just an unfinished app left in BETA like they did for TS3 :D I use TS3 custom worlds more than the ones by EA because there are so many amazing ones made by simmers. I do not enjoy being tied down to a specific world/lot layout and not being able to change it.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited March 12
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Occults and Historical

Having been here since TS1
    I'm not majorly interested in going through same packs for 5th time 4 times is quite enough

but I would love
    "The Sims Occults and Eras"
    kind of game

the packs could be inspired by different countries/eras
    and we could have all the occult imaginable, big fire breathing dragon friends and it would be beautiful :bawling::heart:

Unfortunately thats not what Rene is about so far so I'm meh about it

I would love if there was an occult/historical specific game. I’m not interested in waiting for years again while the typical romance/family/careers content gets slow released, and none of the competition seems to be doing anything different, either. I waited for several years to switch from TS3 to TS4 because the initial content was just more of the same everyday life stuff. I think it was Spa Day on a really deep discount that got me to finally buy TS4.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    @Simmingal @cyncie The Sims Fantasy needs to be a thing. Have fantasy elements baked into the game from the beginning, not just as an extra. I think that the different eras should include fantasy elements that were popular in that era, rather than being straight historical.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I really would like Sims living in different time periods too.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I wish they would do a Sims medieval kind of game but with more sandbox content, like actual building. So more sims and less RPG. It could be historical or a fantasy world inspired by history. It wouldn't have to be medieval (but that would probably get the most interest).

I remember years ago, myself and another regular on the Sims 3 forums spent weeks coming up with elaborate plans for a Regency era sims spin off (think Jane Austen). I would still enjoy that, if the history was done correctly. I have no academic qualifications as a historian but I love that era and would be on board to assist if the Sims team was interested in making it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.