Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I buy High School Years on sale?

High School Years is on sale now for something like $17. I have never regretted not buying it at full price, but the current price is tempting, and here's why: The build buy. I get so frustrated trying to download houses from the gallery when so very, very many of them use HSY. Then I took a look at the BB and I see why. I saw so much stuff I would absolutely love to have in my game. However, I couldn't care less about the gameplay. And I'm STILL seeing people posting about having bugs. I don't want to follow my teens to school, but I also don't want them getting expelled for no reason. I think it's worth $17 to finally own this last EP I don't have, but not if there are bugs that will break my game. Any help is appreciated.
HcmCUds.jpg
Life needs an undo button.

Comments

• Options
    Makova1Makova1 Posts: 17 Member
    If you buy it, let me know if it was worth the 17 dollars, I dont have it either...
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I don't experience too many bugs, and outside of annoying pop-ups about friendship or prom, you can generally ignore the pack's gameplay. Expulsion only really happens as a consequence for a sim's actions during an active school day.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    I also got it on sale for the build buy and am happy with it. Then again I only played a teen for one week to test the gameplay and haven't played a teen since then.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I got it on a previous sale, and I don't regret. I don't play the school or the trifty shop thing. And I don't use the Social Bunny either. None of those feature bother me to much. I get a popup asking whether I want to join the teen of the house to school, just like you get if you play any active career. No big deal. I had no impact on teens yet that I just let attend the rabbit hole high school. So, while ignoring features they seem to stay away. Ah, you also get the Copperdale world. it's not a huge world, but a few extra lots will always be worth a few dollars...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    brizgalbrizgal Posts: 147 Member
    It’s a fun pack. I like the BB and some of the CAS. I enjoy using some of the things that came with it. The store is fun to go to with the new item and gameplays in it. There is a lot that I use quite frequently as it has a swimmable beach, collection items and great paths for walking or jogging that have nice scenery. I also enjoy playing the side hustles and creating a new career from them. I got the pack at full price and don’t regret it.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Gameplay and BB-wise one of the best EPs.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited March 10
    Honestly, I think it's pretty close to worth it at $17, especially for the BB and the CAS. That's probably the cheapest it's gonna get, too (maybe a little lower in a year or two, but nothing crazy). I've yet to deal with expulsion and I don't send my students to school everyday. Granted, I do not know how this will affect rotational play saves.

EDIT: I find the gameplay really boring, tbh. But at $17 it's not a bad deal, especially for BB + CAS.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Thanks for the input everybody, I decided to go for it. :smiley:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.