Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crafting and fairs EP

MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 85 Member
edited January 6 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
This idea comes from several different ideas I've seen posted on the forums.

I think EA should make an EP with a convention center lot type. This lot type could have different forms like the community lots in the eco lifestyle expansion.
There could be a "con" form which would allow you to host comic cons or other conventions related to a specific niche.
There could be a craft market form.
There could be a family events form.

The rest of the pack could cater to bringing these conventions/festivals to life.
For craft fairs we would need more crafts/hobbies as well as an expansion on baking and wood working. Maybe jewelry making, candy making, pottery...

For comic cons we would need to be able to make comic books and have
more costumes.

For family events things like carnival style foods, skill games, maybe a bounce house, it could be a rabbit hole bounce house.

The base version of the convention center could be used for parties and weddings.

As far as the mechanics of setting up the festivals, I think they should be scheduled on the calendar and take whatever form you've selected during the dates selected that way it is user controlled.
There should be a costume cas category added to basegame.
I also think you should be able to select how people dress for the convention/festivals such as everyday or costumes or swimwear etc. I would like the option to have sims wear clothing from specific packs and kits as well, so if I want everyone wearing Brazilian inspired carnival outfits I can get some use from that kit. I would also like to choose which age groups the event would attract.

What do you all think? Additions? Ideas?
I know this was long so if you made it this far thank you so much for reading.

Comments

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,603 Member
    I would like a Cook Off Convention like a sim cook food bring it to the convention like they did in Sims and instead of judges judging it we have townies tasting and voting and the winner receives a trophy and money.

I also would like Comic Con like dressing up, buying or selling comic books and action figures even selling a comic book that a simmer made.

Have a Book signing like a simmer wrote a book sold it and now set up a book and townies can come take pictures and have the author sign a book it also can work out on being famous and win a award and have a star on the sim wall of fame.

I still wish we had seasonal festivals like we did in Sims 3 like we bob for apples, and etc.

• Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 85 Member
    A cooking convention would be fun, maybe in addition to the cooking competition sims could also learn new recipes.
    The festivals for seasons was one of my favorite elements of that pack. I think with something like this you could reproduce seasonal festivals in combination with the seasons pack. Maybe a few things could be included that would compliment the seasons pack like apple bobbing, photo backdrops, seasonal snacks, etc.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    This would be a great way to bring back the festivals from seasons. They could include food stands related to seasonal foods to allow the creation of food festivals which would help celebrate the seasons in a different way. Maybe the bounce houses could have seasonal themes.

This could be done as an outdoor lot too, it doesn't have to be in a building.

I would like carnival games where if you win a void critter stuffed animal would appear in your inventory like you won it.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I like the option of being able to select cas based on specific packs/kits for the festivals.