May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for a mod to disable gain and loss of fat and muscle

I'm rather new to this forum, I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I'm looking for a mod that completely disables all fat gain, fat loss, muscle gain, and muscle loss for all sims. Not something too advanced with a bunch of settings, I just want to disable it completely.

I wish this was an actual setting in the game though, but since it's not I guess have to go to mods at this point, even though I don't really want to use mods for several reasons. I just get too triggered by my sims gaining weight from eating only garden salad (which has the lowest calorie count in the game), when I myself lost a lot of weight when I was sick last year and I'm still trying my hardest to gain it back. It's also not fun when all sims either gain all the weight possible or all the fat possible, it just ends with everyone looking the same, I want to see different bodies, I want my sims to keep the body I gave them.
My Sims stories

The Brights:
- Read on Bluesky
- Read on Tumblr
- Read on Twitter

The Original Ahriman:
- Read on Bluesky
- Read on Tumblr
- Read on Twitter

Comments

• Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 718 Member
    You can use MCCC to do this in a couple of ways.

Use MCCC by clicking on the sim you want to lock and in the SIM Flags/MC CAS section you can mark a sim with Flag Freeze Physique and Flag Freeze Appearance and they will never change.

or

Us MCCC by clicking on the computer and in the MC CAS section you can adjust the male and female Fit/Fat limits so that they don't vary. You need to enable the Monitor Physique setting to have the limits you set be active.

Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    SqueamishNerdSqueamishNerd Posts: 24 Member
    edited January 18
    Would the fit/fat limits in MC CAS turn it off for all sims in the save file? Also, does it only make the fit/fat sliders to not move, not set them to some kind of standard value?

And another thing, I have never used MCCC, it seems a bit overwhelming tbh ^^' If I install MCCC, will all the settings be at standard values of how the game works without mods, or will I need to change anything to make the game work just as how it works without mods except for the specific changes I make (fit/fat settings)?
    My Sims stories

The Brights:
    - Read on Bluesky
    - Read on Tumblr
    - Read on Twitter

The Original Ahriman:
    - Read on Bluesky
    - Read on Tumblr
    - Read on Twitter
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,742 Member
    Roburky's Fitness Control Mod have a setting called No NPC Fitness Change which I use, it disables weight and fitness changes for sims that you do not play.

You can also change how much weight and muscle played sims can get as well but I keep it as the game default.
  • Options
    Would the fit/fat limits in MC CAS turn it off for all sims in the save file? Also, does it only make the fit/fat sliders to not move, not set them to some kind of standard value?

It is present for all sims. There is an MC CAS option to specifically adjust the fit/fat current value for the sims as well.

MCCC seems daunting because it has a very large scope of functions. After some time using it however, it begins to make sense.

Cheers
    C.
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
  • Options
    Everything I don't touch in MCCC will just work as normal? Not any automatic story progression, change in pregnancy settings, more autonomous romantic interactions etc?
    My Sims stories

The Brights:
    - Read on Bluesky
    - Read on Tumblr
    - Read on Twitter

The Original Ahriman:
    - Read on Bluesky
    - Read on Tumblr
    - Read on Twitter
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    Roburky's Fitness Control Mod have a setting called No NPC Fitness Change which I use, it disables weight and fitness changes for sims that you do not play.

You can also change how much weight and muscle played sims can get as well but I keep it as the game default.

I'll check that one out too, but I'll first check if MCCC might be better for me, even though it seems very advanced and a bit overwhelming. I think MCCC might have other things than fit/fat options that I might be interested in, for example I'm a bit tired of townie fashion disasters xD
    My Sims stories

The Brights:
    - Read on Bluesky
    - Read on Tumblr
    - Read on Twitter

The Original Ahriman:
    - Read on Bluesky
    - Read on Tumblr
    - Read on Twitter
  • Options
    The MCCC defaults are not too different from vanilla, but it's a good idea to check .

See this guide for a good overview -> https://simscommunity.info/2023/08/27/mc-command-center-sims-4-guide/
    See this reddit post for starting "Recommended Setting Changes" -> https://www.reddit.com/r/ModTheSims4/comments/hjpj8b/mc_command_center_a_beginners_guide/
    Cheers
    C.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    @SqueamishNerd For MCCC you can also remove modules that you don't want to use. I don't have the module that does marriages and pregnancies, for example. Saves even having to think about what those settings are.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @SqueamishNerd For MCCC you can also remove modules that you don't want to use. I don't have the module that does marriages and pregnancies, for example. Saves even having to think about what those settings are.

Oh, thanks for the info, that's awesome! ^^
    My Sims stories

The Brights:
    - Read on Bluesky
    - Read on Tumblr
    - Read on Twitter

The Original Ahriman:
    - Read on Bluesky
    - Read on Tumblr
    - Read on Twitter
  • Options
    edited January 26
    Caerfinon wrote: »
    You can use MCCC to do this in a couple of ways.

Use MCCC by clicking on the sim you want to lock and in the SIM Flags/MC CAS section you can mark a sim with Flag Freeze Physique and Flag Freeze Appearance and they will never change.

or

Us MCCC by clicking on the computer and in the MC CAS section you can adjust the male and female Fit/Fat limits so that they don't vary. You need to enable the Monitor Physique setting to have the limits you set be active.

I've looked through the settings in MC CAS. From my understanding "Female Fit/Fat Limits" and "Male Fit/Fat Limits" don't freeze the physique for sims, but rather limit what physique auto-generated sims can have (and possibly other sims too). I haven't tried this setting yet, because I'm not sure if it works the way I want, but to me it seems like it doesn't. Have you tried it?
    My Sims stories

The Brights:
    - Read on Bluesky
    - Read on Tumblr
    - Read on Twitter

The Original Ahriman:
    - Read on Bluesky
    - Read on Tumblr
    - Read on Twitter
  • Options
    @SqueamishNerd I use the Flag Freeze Physique method.
    Cheers
    C.