Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Kaufmann Family (Legacy-Update 21st January 2024)

DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,145 Member
Hello everyone,

I wanted to start a new thread about my family and their legacy, the old thread was about the decade challenge, this thread is just a how this family live through their lifes, mabye later I will probably re-do a decade challenge as fictiv history challenge just set in the future. Although I've written several times that this legacy is finished, well, I'm very wrong. I simply can't and won't play without this family anymore. I tried other families, but I return everytime and this savefile is the most advanced and adapted.

So, let me give you an proper introduction. We are starting with the sixth generation of the Kaufmann family in the year 2063. If you are interested what was happened before, you can read the family history here.

This is my heir Tobias Kaufmann, born in 2040 as the only child of Hannah and Moritz Kaufmann. He is working in a car and repair workshop "Autowerkstatt Klee" as an engineer/a mechanic. My gameplay is set most of the time in Germany, but several worlds are connected to their counterpart in the real world .

mbuoH5D.jpg

His personality changed during the time, as the only child he spent his childhood alone in an underground bunker, as his parent were active in the resistance, he became a loner, a geek and socially awkward. But when he started his jobtraining, he has totally after being accepted how he is, he loves being in a group with like-minded people, although he became a perfectionist and a maker.

LK8YqV3.jpg

This is his lovely wife Sara Kaufmann neé Schwarz, and their two children son Benjamin, born in 2060 and daughter Anja, born in 2062.

6yAAg3l.jpg

In 2063 Tobias and Sara just enjoy the time with their newborn daughter.
UFndHvc.jpg
3u15SJ2.jpg
pnLSbYb.jpg

Benjamin is a good big brother (trait fussy), Anja adores him.
To6aazC.jpg
Wd0WDld.jpg

The paid parental is over and both parents have to work again, the budget is tight, the home still needs improvement and renovations.
HoE91yv.jpg
ib8Hmk8.jpg
9XMwQR4.jpg
gFHzBpm.jpg

That's all for now. Have a nice day :)

Post edited by Daravi on

Comments

• Options
    2064 - 2065

The little ones were growing so fast. Anja plays with her brother now. She has learned a lot from him.
    MNnq2IJ.png

Anja has a little birthday party with the whole family. The grandparents (parents of Sara in the first picture) were very proud of their youngest granddaughter and have adored her.

sde01T2.png
    tqEr1aZ.png

Since it was also Christmas Eve the children were sent to bed for a short nap before opening the gifts.
    wfyXJIb.png
    CJsRkgX.png

Unfortunately later during the night sara received a phonecall, her parents didn't arrived at home.
    During her mourning she discovered that she is pregnant again.
    1PSEHjU.png

The house was too small for 3 children, but Tobias has reached the top of his career as mechanic and later he has received an opportunity for a higher paid position. But the family has to move to the United States of America for that job. They found a house for around 50.000 Simoleon, it was in their price range, because it was a monstrosity, ugly house, built during the civil uprising during the 2050 in a desert town surrounded by a wasteland. The climate change hits the country hard and so plants can't surive on the surface, they would be burnt under the strong sun.
    tsIBsMZ.png

Sara got also a position in the town to make it habitable again.
    zxGVr3y.png

Suprised by the high living costs Tobias struggle to renovate his house. He found himself in a shady side hustle to make some money to pay the horrendous bill.
    iAKLuot.png
    1SJvaj1.png

As part of his new job he should also teach new students in mechanic at the University.
    8s6AG6s.png

Selma was born in 2065.
    aaGTG0Q.png

Since the Selma needs the most attention from Sara, she denys to be breastfead and is always hungry, Tobias mainly take care of Benjamin and Anja.
    C4HXEs6.png
    Um04YUY.png

• Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,553 Member
    I was there when the decade challenge started with the Kaufmans and I'm sticking with it!
  • Options
    @Kellogg_J_Kellogg Aww, thank you so much 😊
  • Options
    edited January 21
    I didn't had much time to play in the last few weeks. However during the last weeks I have changed the house to a more eco-friendly design. I've tried to rebuild the acient oriental cooling system, which people had build in the desert before the invention of the air conditioning.

kfDbMWF.png

I have also change the playground in park a little bit.

2066 - 2067

Benjamin and Anja just chatting on the couch, before Benjamin has celebrated his birthday with a Chocolate cake.
    43ZWgZQ.png
    E198Cys.png

Meanwhile Selma has made a huge progress and stands already.
    2iAGw2a.png

But not always she was a happy little sunshine.
    zV7eTlR.png

She grew so fast and I fell in love immediately when I saw her. I don't know why, but her first appearance was the little toddler cc-Dirndl, she was looking so cute.
    wLPYyBR.png
    Rum7HgA.png
    And she is a little escapee ...
    J9P9BV5.png

But she had returned seconds later.

Someone is seeking for trouble...

Since living in the USA is still kind of dangerous in the future, Tobias and Sara have a strict parenting style to keep their children safe. They have high expectations in Benjamin, who suffers under these strict houshold rules and expectations.
    tVbHEV0.png

He would rather play with the other children than study.
    n3dEvvi.png
    KesAe38.png
    TmadKWZ.png
    KEWmXAW.png

He often arrived at home too late after the 7 pm curfew, when it was already dark outside, so he got scolded ...
    enExMmE.png

... and scolded ...

XTOJZa6.png

... until he got a punishment, it was a light one but he felt threatened unfair.

Si5h6QV.png

As you can see Sara is pregnant again. The Doctor told them it will be twins, which was a shock for them, since they couldn't afford a bigger house and the budget is still tight. But she had to keep the unborn babies and there were no financial support from the government, which they were used to when they had lived in Germany.

Tobias and Sara are worried about the behaviour of Benjamin, they both work very hard and late, and they have no money for a babysitter, which is a dire situation, because they had to leave him unsupervised.
    F6iDiTE.png

They try to adapted the US-American Thanksgiving in there Life, playing a happy family.
    wkrKTxW.png

Benjamin starts to complaining about his life.
    rQFEAN8.png

Slowly he understood that saying sorry and helping with the chores prevents a punishment.
    TP5xSSD.png
    ROWBY7W.png
    Selma adores him anyway.
    AHAzujH.png

To keep him at home at time, they allowed him to have sleepover party, which was a huge success.
    aS2zY9N.png
    jfgvAn2.png

Then Christmas came and the family followed the revival of an old us-american tradition of wearing family onesies at christmas, but they still opening the gifts on christmas eve as part of their german heritage, no german child would ever change that. Sorry ;).
    8f4mbRy.png
    PwWwIl9.png

Edit: I forgot almost the most important news. I have restored the family tree, at least for the heirs. Since I made a reset, released almost all ghosts and cleared all relationships at the end of challenge, the tree was total broken, so I went to older saves files, saved the older generation heirs and included them again. Then I changed the relationship before let them die again. Surprisingly I didn't need to changed the relationship of Wilhelm and his son Hans, he has remembered him as his son, even the friendship bar was the same. I had tears in my eyes, when I saw this.
    Post edited by Daravi on