Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Different Worlds

What's everyone's thoughts and impressions on the different worlds in TS4, are there ones you keep going back to time and again to play in or others you just avoid like the plague?

I had this thought yesterday after I moved the couple I'm playing with now into San Sequoia, a world I've not really spent much time in, and whilst is looks great it feels really barren for one so large and really could've benefited from taking a page from Brindleton Bay's book and having 16 lots (at least). I really like the house I've built there so I will stick with it for the time being but I don't think they'll be there for very long.

As for my favourite worlds, the likes of Brindleton Bay, Windenberg, Henford-on-Bagley and Newcrest (mainly because its entirely yours to do with as you please from the very beginning) are the ones where I tend to play. I also enjoy Willow Creek, though it does feel very dated and so I have to go in there and put my own stamp on it.

As for ones I never really play in, they're all of the same ilk being the more desert-type of worlds (have to agree with Anakin Skywalker about sand, lol) as they're just not an aesthetic I really enjoy. Del Sol Valley is another place I don't spend much time in as, like San Sequoia, it feels really empty for somewhere that should be a very large world.

Anyways, what's everyone else's preferences or go to worlds?

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,900 Member
    I too love Brindleton Bay, though I have done a LOT of world hopping with many, many, many Sims. I have only played in Forgotten Hollow once. I seem to play most often in apartments; so San Myshuno and Evergreen Harbour. That's the basics with me.

Oh, except that I also very, very rarely use Newcrest and don't think I've ever filled it up properly. I've been too busy playing where populations and architectural aesthetics already exisit.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 951 Member
    edited January 7
    Windenburg is my favourite. I have played there a lot, maybe because it's a big and versatile worlds. I think my other favourites are Strangerville and Sulani, because they are quite special worlds. At the moment I keep Strangerville infected, because it gives it such an unique vibe.

I sort of avoid Newcrest like the plague. I played there at some point, but I find it to be a boring world, so my sims are prohibited to live there. I have filled it with community lots, though.
    Post edited by haisin on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,055 Member
    I actually enjoy all the worlds but currently my favorite is Chestnut Ridge.

OQXrjCK.png

My one family currently resides there but I have family, friends, and community venues in all of the worlds which gives me reason to visit them frequently.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 460 Member
    edited January 7
    I rarely have my sims live in Oasis Springs or Del Sol Valley because having basically the same weather day after day feels unnatural. It's why I immediately bought Seasons when I realized the base game didn't have weather. I prefer the variety of having all the weather and the activities that come with it. Even though IRL I low-key hate winter, it feels abnormal not to ever have snow. (We just got our first real snowfall of the season where I live last night!)

The weather is same-y in Sulani as well, but I do play there sometimes because at least the beach and ocean activities provide some variety that the desert worlds don't have.

I tend to have my sims live in Windenburg, Henford and Newcrest the most.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,035 Member
    Brindleton Bay is my main world. It's big enough to have a lot of houses and community lots, so I won't need to visit other worlds to do things. It's also pretty and has the feel of a small town, without being too small, like Chestnut Ridge. It's simple enough where I can change its feel and identity by changing the lots; I usually make my Brindleton Bay an occult paradise. And I can play on most of the lots, because so many are located in good areas and have good sizes to them.

I like Chestnut Ridge, Moonwood Mill, Sulani, Copperdale, Mt. Komorebi, Glimmerbrook and Henford, but with those worlds, I only play on the same couple of lots because the world is so small, or most of their lots are small or in a bad place. So I'll usually play a single family (or two, in Mt. Komorebi's case) in those worlds.

Windenburg is where I dump old money European families; I like the world, but I never play in it because the community lots are pretty good, and I like to have my sims visit them. I used to play a magic school here, but then I moved it to Brindleton's big 64x64 lot, since the rest of my game revolved around that world.

StrangerVille and Tartosa would have been mainstays if they weren't so puny. Almost all the lots are small or isolated, and there are so few lot spaces that I can't put any new attractions. I just have one family here, and I only use them as background characters. But on the plus side, with Tartosa I can finally build some Mediterranean houses and not have them look out of place.

I usually use Del Sol as a dumping ground for celebrity NPC sims. Forgotten Hollow is a dumping ground for goths and vampires. Evergreen Harbor is small, so I'll only use it for rags to riches challenges, and the sims will usually move out once they no longer need to dumpster dive. I just I never play Magnolia Promenade, Britechester, San Sequoia, Oasis Springs, Tomarang, or Granite Falls.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,463 Member
    With my supersim I have lived in nearly all worlds. I always try to live in the world that comes with me same pack as the aspiration I am currently working on. Doing this has learned me to appreciate something in nearly every world. Even worlds like Del Sol Valley which don't like that much, now have some memories. Still on my list for my supersim to live in are Tartosa, San Saquoia and Chestnut Ridge.

In general I prefer worlds that have something to do around the lots like swimmable water, a hiking path, climbing rocks, ski slopes, a permanent store or stall for groceries,... and some collectibles as well.

I tend to gravitate towards Henford on Bagley. I like the rustic country feel but there is something to do as well like shopping in the village stalls or talk to the creature keeper. My favourite used to be winderburg but that world really needs an update to make the world swimmable. I also enjoy Mt Komorebi, Sulani, Moonwood Mill and Chestnut Ridge.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,147 Member
    The worlds I really like & goes with other worlds are:
    Windenburg/Henford/Chestnut Ridge
    Oasis Springs/Strangerville
    Sulani/Tartosa
    Forgotten Hollow/Moonwood Mill/Glimmerbrook
    <3B):p;)

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Assuming you mean worlds to live in:
    In order of preference: Windenburg, Willow Creek, Brindleton Bay, and Henford (pretty much a tie there). Glimmerbrook is a backup for sims wanting to get away from it all. The other worlds (including Glimmerbrook) are seldom visited unless there is a reason to as they are nothing but landscapes with little to do or find. What is the point of going to a world if there is nothing to do but look at it? Far too many worlds have few lots of any sort, too many missed opportunities for putting in something useful for sims to go to and do things. Example: Strangerville is useless apart from the quest. Have lived in many 'military towns' so know from experience that there should be more than two community & 3 residential (2 of which are taken) lots in the lower section. There are an abandoned motel, diner, and gas station on the highway. Really? That should be a hopping place for those traveling along the road with places to gas up, eat, sleep, and unwind. The Route 66 thing. Could go on but you get the idea, too many worlds are just so much set dressing, not active simming opportunities. This is particularly true of the new ones.
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 380 Member
    Have pretty much played lived in all the worlds except for Mt. Komorebi which I use as a vacation world and only touched a little bit of the newer worlds San Sequoia and Tomarang as right now no one is moving out where they are. When have someone ready to will place on half the lots community and neighbours and my sims will live on the other lots
    Occults pretty much stay in their own worlds, Aliens in Strangerville, weres in Moonwood Mill, Mermaids in Sulani, Spellcasters in Glimmerbrook and vampires in Forgotten Hollow if they marry another occult or husim then will decide stay in their current location, marry into their spouses or move elsewhere if they have roommates or family that lives with them. Pretty much decide with a wheel or dnd dice if they move or stay
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I rotate with all of the worlds between various households and I am using or will use them all. Sometimes I have my own customized lore or canon for how I link them together and where they are though I do pay attention to the general way that they are designed. I also let my sims travel though I do so logically. The desert worlds basically all connect with each other. Everything connects with Newcrest which serves mostly as a place for community lots and custom builds that any household can use. I could honestly use a second variation on Newcrest to expand. I also have a couple of restaurants in Willow Creek that pretty much any sim can visit as well. In Newcrest I have a playable spa, a cafe, a permanent ice rink, a "funplex" movie theatre/bowling alley, a toddler-focused play park for families, a nightclub for single sims, a burger place for anyone, the Lost Gardens of Time lot with a wishing well, a very historic-looking library, a cemetary, fine dining and an area with a few very wealthy households including a giant castle with a royal family.

In Oasis Springs, I built a custom gym that is so nice that I let any sim visit it. I also installed a really nice outdoor swimming pool there that is essentially always swimmable so I do let anyone visit that lot as well. I also have another bowling alley, a yoga retreat, a diner and a few other things. Several of the worlds have their own wedding venues and I do have several churches across the different worlds with religious clubs that do actively go to those locations. I basically have some sims who like to do that and some who don't so they go if they want to and some of them choose not to. I also have sims of different religions in my game and multiple different denominations, actually. Everyone co-exists in my save, lol.

Beyond that, the Windenburg townies tend to live in Windenburg, the desert townies live in the desert worlds, Willow Creek people tend to stay in Willow Creek or Newcrest or Magnolia Promenade. Anyone can go away to Britechester or live at home. Brindleton Bay residents stay there or go to one of the places I've already mentioned, etc. So, I do kind of restrict how I move my sims around but I don't mind if they run into visiting townies from other worlds a lot of whom are from my rotation or are townies that I "know". I ignore them if I want to.

I did make Glimmerbrook into a very little Celtic village. Forgotten Hollow is near Windenburg as is Tartosa. I only recently added Copperdale, San Sequoia, etc, so I'm playing those as connecting worlds as well. Anyone can go to the carnival or the high school, obviously. Strangerville is remote but they can get to Oasis Springs and Del Sol Valley so I've actually been housing a few actors there including one who is starting out in the trailer, so as a starving artist. If they weren't born into it, actors are broke in my game. I also have made it so that Strangerville is a military town but military families can be transferred out. I've decided that one of my custom Strangerville households is actually going to move to Mt. Komorebi and live with the pre-made families there rather than just vacationing. They may pack up and move a few times, learning about different cultures. Anyone can move to San Myshuno and I've honestly filled that world up a lot but some of those residents avoid leaving the city. Anyone can go on a vacation anywhere though if they can afford it. Tomarang is being gradually worked in; I will play with the residents and I've also added some vacationing there at first.

I follow a kind of logic. I also use many of the lots and come up with projects for them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,069 Member
    My regular go-to's still tend to be Brindleton Bay, Oasis Springs, Willow Creek, and Windenburg because they're big with enough lots to make them fully self-contained worlds for many of my households to live and play.

Following those, I also love:
    - Sulani for its fully accessable oceans, beaches, and beautiful beachfront lots.
    - Strangerville for its grungy nomad red desert surroundings.
    - Henford-On-Bagley for its isolated country lots, small hamlet town, and its British/Cotswolds influences.
    - Forgotten Hollow for its dark, spooky, Victorian atmosphere (even though its way way way too small for a true, full gameplay experience).

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 339 Member
    With close to 400 "played" sims in my main save, most of my worlds are pretty full, and well used.

My go-to world is almost always Willow Creek. I like the historic, small town feel it has, and usually try to embrace it, rather than change it. Most of my main sims I play with always live there. I also have a lounge, a recreation center, a restaurant owned by Bob Pancakes called, you guessed it, "Bob's Pancake House", a library and a dog park. Newcrest is another favorite. I usually use it as more of a place for venues like shops, bars, and cafes than houses. Sims from Willow Creek go there often, as I imagine the two to be quite close, and Magnolia Promenade is the "fancy" area of town with the expensive shops and restaurants. Since I bought Growing Together, I've moved many of my Newcrest venues to San Sequoia.

🎶 I like Windenburg 🎶 (You can't help but sing to the tune of that "Come to Windenburg" song lol), but I don't play in it that often. The Bluffs is my go-to spot for sims going on a date though, and the Von Haunt estate is often used as a wedding venue. Chestnut Ridge is really cool too! I have a barn that's been converted into a night club there. In San Myshuno, I have an arts center, and a rooftop cafe. Lots of sims live there too, and I'll probably add more apartments to it when I get For Rent one day. I haven't figured out what to do with Forgotten Hollow or Moonwood mill yet. Strangerville is also cool for its small town retro vibe. I have a 1950s style American diner there, and my werewolf lives in an abandoned warehouse (were-house?) where the crashed plane used to be. Can't figure out how those Victorian houses in Strangerville fit into my save yet, but they're really nice.

Oasis Springs is usually where my wealthier sims live (since the Landgraabs live there) but I do have a bunch of tiny houses in Johnny Zest's neighborhood. (He's since moved to San Myshuno, and started (or is trying to start) his own late-night comedy tv show.) Del Sol Valley is of course where my celebrities live (except for the two lots near Vanessa Jeong's house. Those are usually where my "fixer upper" type houses go.)

Brindleton Bay is more of a fancier town than Willow Creek and Strangerville. My snob sims hang out at a renovated Club Calico. There's also an arts center there. The museum near the lighthouse is one of my favorite default lots. It's one of only two museum lots in my main save, and I haven't ever felt the need to renovate it.

Tartosa and Sulani are usually for vacations or, for the rich sims who I imagine have their own private jets, good places to go when you're having a boring evening sitting around your 1 million dollar mansion lol. (Thanks money cheats!) The beach in Tartosa is another one of my favorite lots to visit. I'll also probably have some sims live there and make nectar now that we have it.

I hardly ever use Evergreen Harbour, since I can't seem to figure out what to put there. It's a cool world, but I never know how to use it. Copperdale is usually just for the school, but I do have a renovated ThriftTea there as well as another diner. I don't use most of the other worlds very often. Henford on Bagley will probably get used more since I got horse ranch, since its lots are bigger than many of the Chestnut Ridge lots.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited January 12
    Oh wow, I think the worlds are the best part of the game. I don't think there is a world I don't like. I love all the worlds even the less liked ones, like Newcrest, once I research and make it my own. Newcrest is like an extension of Willow Creek, all the other style of New Orlean homes, I could not fit on WC. I like how they gave us Newcrest as a blank slate to make our own. I had great times changing this map many times.

Windenberg, Oasis Springs, Brindleton Forgotten Hollow, San Myshuno Henford on Bagley are absolutely fantastic, but all the worlds have a unique greatness to them, and I love how differently they are themed.

My first favorite was Sulani because it was so surreal. Then Tartosa came, and yes, my simself relocated herself from the city on a beach house there. Chestnut Ridge was my absolute favorite when the pack came out and I would not stop playing there until very recently.

After I dropped all these townhouses in San Sequioa, I am enjoying a new found love that I can only experience in this world, and unique to this world, because It's based on San Francisco and SF is all townhouses. My new younger families are moving out of small apartments, depressing 1 bedroom starters, and lofts to raise a family in these townhouses with neighbors that are going through this same stage of life.

I really think Tomarang is beautiful, Sulani meets San Myshuno. Unfortunately my game is capping me on less than 20 residential lots for my save, so I have moved some mermaids and ex-pats there is just homes. There was a week of rentals I had there which was pretty fun I had some younger generations kind of going to live there for a season, but the residential rentals are not happening there at the moment. I resolved it's not in season- It was turning winter there- Hoping to resolve the issue soon.

I forgot- I made a tik tok on this topic a while back- here is the link- bare in mind this was before some of the newer worlds.

https://www.tiktok.com/@leucosiax/video/7223729623933259050
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,694 Member
    All of my worlds have a purpose in my game, but the ones I play in the most are the ones that are designated as part of The Myst, the magic world. Those include Glimmerbrook, HoB, Sulani, Granite Falls, Mooncrest (created by merging Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade), plus Copperdale and Britechester for schools. San Myshuno is a sanctuary city, and gets a lot of play. Moonwood Mill is an ally. Forgotten Hollow is its own thing. All the rest are human worlds, with Windenburg and Selvadorada being Myst adjacent, thus having some connections and magical aspects. Windenburg gets a lot of play because that’s where I’ve placed The Blue Moon Tavern. Oasis Springs and Strangerville harbor aliens.

I use the All Worlds Are Residential mod to bring Granite Falls and Selvadorada into my game as something more than vacation destinations.