Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Setting collected/ grafted plants for sale in retail store on PS4

Fragaria_ananasaFragaria_ananasa Posts: 27 Member
I am making a garden center on the PS4 where I would like to sell the fruits/ vegtables/ flowers I have collected as a plant. In addition I also want to sell some plants I have grafted together.

When I go to live mode, I can not pick "set for sale" if I click on the plant or the planter where it is in. I do see it with other items, though. I do not know if this is because I took the plants from my own personal gallery. But the plants I have sown, could also not be set for sale. Or do you really need to grow them on your home lot, put them in your household inventory and go to the retail lot?

I tried to find an explanation on how it is done on the internet, but nobody is really describing it step by step, so I can check if I am missing some kind of object to do it or that it needs to be in a specific growth stage or something. At least, as far I understand is that there are some people claiming to have it done, but some of those posts are very old or do not say if they are on a PS4 or PC. There are also plenty of speedbuilds where they do build a garden center, but it doesn't explain how they set it for sale eiter. Therefore I don't know if it is really functional.

Could somebody tell me how it is done step by step - if possible at all - so I can check if I have done everything correct?

Comments

• Options
    animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    I don't think you can sell plants. You can sell the produce from the plants but not the plants themselves.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    I know plants can't be sold through retail stores on PC. Until/unless that ever becomes possible, my Sims who run nurseries just sell the plants though BB mode.
  • Options
    Fragaria_ananasaFragaria_ananasa Posts: 27 Member
    That is what I find so confusing.

On the Bug report from EA answer HQ, I saw someone reporting in 2016 that he/ she put plants for sale in his/ her retail store, but lost the sales tag as soon as they grew to harvest stage.

This post is marked as solved. So it implies that it should be possible. Although I wouldn't be surprised if since then some bug occurred and they removed the feature. Or that there is a difference between PC and PS4, although the poster on HQ didn't say on which platform he/ she was playing.