Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like to see cars in the sims4 in future packs kits stuff packs or expansionpacks?

friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
edited December 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
hello to all would you love to see cars make a come back in the sims4 including the feature teach your teen sim to drive feature that was in the sims3?
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
Post edited by friendlysimmers on

Would you like to see cars in the sims4 in future packs kits stuff packs or expansionpacks? 45 votes

yes
60%
crocobauraalexspoom13Goodywoodyesme88friendlysimmersgoodcakebaker62catloverplayergreydonnSimplyJenlisasc360JonalinBren91FlapBriana2425HopeyStarrSAEldarinlogionDianesimsSERVERFRALady_Ballora 27 votes
no
35%
mcruddSuniroseLustianiciaTeeSealemonellaNinja-Dan22LiELFBonxieInuMiroLoverSeashoreLiviaAngeliqueAdelaideCatzillaAdmiral8QArarinePerti23MomsBusy 16 votes
any spesific models or type of cars please post (Exemple suvs like toyota highlander or rav 4 ect*)(**compact cars like toyta corolla yaris ect)
4%
cody6268Caerfinon 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 633 Member
    any spesific models or type of cars please post (Exemple suvs like toyota highlander or rav 4 ect*)(**compact cars like toyta corolla yaris ect)
    42WLA US Army motorcycle with sidecar for the transportation of companion pet, or the occasional date...

pWrwlY5.jpg
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: ๐ŸถDog Lover, ๐ŸŽจCreative, ๐Ÿ˜‘Loner
    Social Media: ๐Ÿ˜@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป๐Ÿ• Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | ๐ŸŒA Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: ๐ŸŽจ Jac related CAS and Build CC | ๐Ÿ–ผ๏ธ Film Noir Wall Decorations | ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐ŸŽจPauline King Art
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    no
    If they're an extra feature that just happens to come in a specific expansion pack, then sure... but I don't want an entire pack revolving around cars alone. It'd be a waste, in my opinion.

I personally think cars should be patched in, honestly. For free.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    ryouma17ryouma17 Posts: 49 Member
    yes
    would like vehicles to return though with the sims 4 not being open world not sure how they would work unless they do it sims 2 style

also as an F1 junky and since EA owns codemaster would be nice to see some F1 related content in the sims
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    yes
    I would love for them to return, along with garages and driveways. Vehicles have always been part of The Sims. :blush:
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited December 2023
    no
    I voted "No" not because I'm in general against cars in the game. But basically I don't miss them. I never had the felling that cars are missing so in my opinion the dev time could be spend on other projects.

Only exception is the Tuktuk which was now introduced in For Rent. That would have been fun as a playable vehicle. I would vote for vehicles which are a bit more more unusial, just like the Tuktuk or let it be scooters or some sort of retro cars or hoverboards. But just ordinary cars would be boring in my opinion.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited December 2023
    yes
    but only if theres the gameplay possibilities we had with TS2 cars

as for models I want
    old volkswagen van and beetle
    old rolls-royce
    some old american cars
    maybe fire truck, ambulance, military and police cars and so forth
    and some newer looking convertibles fit for come on barbie lets go party vibes

also I think funeral car be neat, for grim.
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    yes
    but only if theres the gameplay possibilities we had with TS2 cars

as for models I want
    old volkswagen van and beetle
    old rolls-royce
    some old american cars
    maybe fire truck, ambulance, military and police cars and so forth
    and some newer looking convertibles fit for come on barbie lets go party vibes

also I think funeral car be neat, for grim.

thank you for your vote in my case i would say i went to see toyota highlander ford escape titanium rav 4 suv compact cars toyota corolla berline and hatchback honada civic ect to name a few list is long
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• Options
    MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 203 Member
    yes
    Absolutely! I have been missing them a lot (alongside with the carpool/school bus/taxi standing around, honking their horn like crazy because my sims is to lazy). I mean, there are AI cars in the game so why is it so hard to make them driveable? No real models though, the "made up" brands from TS2-TS3 would work fine.

(Oh, I remember when my sims use to move around in these beauties)!
    36385529565_5c76f7064e_b.jpg
  • Options
    SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    no
    No, because they are only for aesthetics and aren't really practical in a non open world. Besides there are enough modders that have made cars you can download for your game. A pack with cars would basically be another object pack and we all know there's enough objects and CC available for download for the Sims 4.

Do we really need another stuff pack? I'd rather see something like making the sims themselves have more meaningful personalities and improvements to Sims AI.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited December 2023
    yes
    I've been wanting cars and garages since the first time I opened the game. Now, I guess if they give us cars, they'll come in an EP, like Horses did. We could get a world where we can drive "freely", where there's also maybe a garage or a dealership and racetracks, and in the other worlds we'd have loading screens but we'd still be able to have interactions with cars (repair, woohoo, washing cars, learning to drive) and build garages of course.

As for specific models, mostly I'd like a wide range of cars (small car, family van, break, SUV, race cars, crappy old cars...)
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd be very likely to get a cars pack but I'm ok either way. I remember that I did love fixing up junk cars in TS2 so I would probably enjoy that again. There's a certain aesthetic that would come with cars and I'd probably be interested in that.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    no

Personally, not for or against it. This is a sim-people game, there are zillions of car games. That being said, it could be fun having a "Stuff Pack", (Maybe a "Game-Pack") with cars as a hobby and option for a career also. :)

For interactions and animations, perhaps similar to the rocket-ship. A racing/driving career maybe? "Rabbit-hole" like exploring space.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    yes
    also like camping cars anyone? I'm getting tired of building fake camping cars they always look ever so slightly off

or maybe build kit so we could at least wrap a box so it looks like camping car similar to how we have the parts to create pirate ship
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    yes
    also like camping cars anyone? I'm getting tired of building fake camping cars they always look ever so slightly off

or maybe build kit so we could at least wrap a box so it looks like camping car similar to how we have the parts to create pirate ship

something like this @Simmingal 0UQ6I3b.png for traveling elder sims or family camping rv

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    edited December 2023
    yes
    I loved how in TS2 nothing showed their social and financial status like the cars they drove. It was almost like an extension of their personality. The sim in business career had the limo and the helicopter, the poor sims had the old car that the door didn't close properly, then there were big family cars, the yellow sports car for playboy sims and middle age life crisis, and all the service cars they drove for their jobs. I loved the fix-up car, not only they got to work on it, but it was usually the first car my sim got, once you fixed it it looked so much better than the starter old car you could buy from the catalogue. If you wanted you could start a car dealership business selling just fixed up cars. We have bikes now, and they serve a strictly practical purpose, but would be nice if they needed maintenance every once in a while, like filling tires with air, repairing a broken spike or chain, or having to buy an extra thick security chain so it doesn't get stolen from the parking place when you visit the library. Or maybe there was a chance you could fish up a stolen/discarded bike from the river and you get to fix it up.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    no
    I think cars are a bit waste with the current closed worlds. If we get open worlds like sims 3 in the future then I might reconsider my answer.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    yes
    I'm sorry any simmer talks about cars being in a closed world have you seen or played Sims 2? We had vechiles in Sims 2 as a matter of fact almost npc had a vechiles from maid, to pizza dilvery, from dilvery trucks, the repairman, the nanny, the adoption service, even police, fire trucks, and the school bus to pick up the kids. It felt more immersive, more realistic.
    Also we can have more gameplay like sit listen to the radio, sleep in car, eat on car, woohoo in car, lack in back of a flat bed, have a camper to outdoor retreat, wash car, fix or upgrade cars.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    yes
    Toyotes and Kias especially.
  • Options
    Iceman_Iceman_ Posts: 21 Member
    yes
    The fact that they have never been implemented is one of the oddest design decisions. Saying that they are not necessary because we no longer have an open world does not justify it. In reality, nothing is essential; you could eliminate windows, TVs, pools, etc., and your Sims could still have a normal life. It's understandable that they couldn't return as they were in the Sims 3, but to completely omit them makes no sense.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited December 2023
    The Vorn pickup from TS3 has been one of my favorite in-game cars, and I can't wait to see a drivable version return to TS4, even if facelifted (which the Tacoma it's inspired by was only recently facelifted).

Do I want them--of course!

I'm curious about the amount of overhauling it would require. Would it be game-breaking?

I think that games like Life by You will put more pressure on the Sims team to add features that typically have been ignored/avoided--especially considering it will have cars.

Previous games had the routing set up for NPC vehicles (at least) from the beginning--TS3 had them as base game, while TS2 had carpools as the base game--with ownable cars coming in Nightlife if I recall correctly.

First of all, TS4 originated as an online spinoff/successor of the franchise, thus it was fairly lean in features compared to its predecessors--thus no cars. Well, Sim City (5) failed spectacularly, and instead of delaying the game further, they simply stripped it of its online features and released it as The Sims 4.

Few lots (and it seems mostly newer worlds do) align well with roads, the roads often are inconsistent in scale, and in free cam, you can see that the roads are often really oddly laid out--sometimes ending in the middle of a long stretch, or have odd obstacles in them. What worlds have "fake" cars in them that don't have full routing for them--it's just on select streets.

It would be a daunting task for the devs and require a lot of resources, even if TS2 style.

Every single world released thus far would need to be heavily redesigned. The entire road system would need to be updated--making them all consistent in scale and sizing, and cleaning up the mess of the off-camera roads.

Even if cars are only seen in neighborhoods (which is most likely), every single lot would need access to the road, and heavy changes to the routing are necessary.

And I'm sure the amount of game-breaking bugs this change would introduce would be massive.

Do I think it is feasible--yes. I've noticed games overhaul visuals and routing all the time. I even think that bringing cars back in the way TS2 featured them is very possible, by locking them only to neighborhoods.