Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My old Gallery lot is broken!

I just recently started playing again and wanted to download a lot I have uploaded to the gallery. It's called the Rustic Chalet. It's claiming to be $999,999,999 Simoleans 999x999 lot size. It shows a type drop down menu that just says Ok and I can't chose anything else. I cannot place the lot or save the lot to my computer anymore. Is there anyway to rescue this lot and get it back?
It's base game no expansions, no stuff packs, no CC.

Comments

• Options
    ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
    I somehow fixed it. I wasn't able to place the lot except for it said place an edit and it let me do that.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    The gallery interface has been a bit wonky lately. I've also seen weird thing. Like a lot that I built and uploaded this year having a date on it from 2014, I think even before the game was officially released.
    I think they're still working on updating the gallery, but changes come about slowly.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    I have the same problem with several of my earliest lots. Unfortunately they are also some of my most popular lots and no longer get any downloads. Whoever is in charge of updating the gallery is sure dropping the ball. This has been going on for months! ☹️
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    What still troubles me, is that lots I have built myself, (and I never use MOO) when placing it back into my game, I get that popup cautioning me that this lot was build using MOO. Don't whiz on my leg and tell me it's raining. I ought to know whether I used it or not. Just sayin'. As for how long it's taking to fix the bugs in the Gallery, it may be a very complicated problem. I'm not very technologically savvy, but since it's above my ken, (pay grade), I'm not inclined to cast that first stone, as it were.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
    edited December 2023
    Hopefully this gets fixed for everyone. The lot I had an issue with was just one I built and a personal favorite of mine that I wanted to update anyways. It didn't have many downloads so I was able to place and edit and then I removed it from the gallery. It wouldn't allow me to place the lot regularly but for some reason it allowed place and edit option in neighborhood view.
    Hope this helps as if you don't care about retaining previous gallery information (likes/downloads/comments/etc.) you can attempt to place and edit just to get the lot back for yourself.