Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we will get a special feature for the base game before For Rent comes out?

Do you think they will give us a special feature update for the base game before the new For Rent pack comes out? If so, what do you think it will be?

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I'm thinking we might get some kind of update for changes to the UI.

The new pack has a lot of new features and changes to the UI in terms of setting up rental lots and multi-family dwellings... so maybe something related to multi-family lots for the base game UI build menu?

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    If I remember correctly we always got one free Base Game feature for each EP, so my answer ist yes.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I think we will get some kind of fix for how lots are categorized. If the new rental units should be added to in the future, they might need to be partly a base game feature - not by UI function but more like in the background. BG will of course not get rental units, but there might be other changes affected by this.

Somehow I can see hopscotches being added to bg, because I want to see them on community grounds in more worlds than Tomarang. It's a global kids activity, and if sims can't draw them on ground anywhere, the game should have them pre-drawn in at least some hoods of bg worlds like Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and Magnolia Promenade (is Newcrest a bg freebie world, too?). I'd love to see them added by EA in most worlds tgough.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    Maybe the exterminator is base game, we'll see
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    I would think so. Giving us a freebie teaser of a pack's features entices us to buy the pack, in theory.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    I’m guessing we’ll get a couple of new recipes.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Possibly the long rumored update to the worlds screen?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Ugh, a new world screen makes me nervous. I have my own very detailed world structure, I think if EA put all worlds together in say one map *this* late in the series, they will conflict with many simmers' maps created long ago and possible been the base of those games. I got a similar "meh" when EA named hoods of the earliest worlds yeas after their release - by that time I had been using my own hood names for RL 2-3 years, and I still use my own. Btw, my world map consists of 3 nations, where our worlds are districts grouped in regions, based on climate zones, wild plants and weather systems, to mention some.

If a new world screen is customizable, allowing us to put it together as we like, then I'll be all for it, though :) And no matter what - I can just ignore it, no problem. Just wish such things were created when the game was still young.

PS. maybe the world rumor is rather connected to the way they organize flats, renal units, rental lots and regular lots. More hidden tech. I don't recall EA announcing it to us the simmers, wasn't it just a cryptic job ad?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    faeriedustefaerieduste Posts: 44 Member
    there seemed to be a sim speaking sign language in the for rent reveal trailer, so i really hope sign language is coming to the base game
    Origin ID: faerieduste
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited November 2023
    I agree that some of the build mechanics of this might be made base game, not rental units obviously, but if they want to add multi purpose lots in the future, some features might be put in base game to expand on later. I doubt that in itself will be something we notice however.

I also doubt hopscotch will be base game. It's been mentioned too much in the trailer. It will be like a basketball court, you can put it in any world you want - as long as you have the pack.

Possibly we'll get some Thai inspired food, hairstyles and clothing, to tease the content and world. Otherwise I have a hard time imagining what we'll get, but then I suck at guessing. I'll just wait and see I suppose. :smile:

I would love the world map update however. With weather control, seasons control, holiday control (on a world by world basis) and club control. A simmer can dream...
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I know it is unlikely but I would like another free world in the basegame update. It can be empty like newcrest but I would like some larger lots for building apartments. My worlds are all pretty fill, especially my large lots.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Do you think they will give us a special feature update for the base game before the new For Rent pack comes out? If so, what do you think it will be?

Yes Pool Parties.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    I agree that some of the build mechanics of this might be made base game, not rental units obviously, but if they want to add multi purpose lots in the future, some features might be put in base game to expand on later. I doubt that in itself will be something we notice however.

I also doubt hopscotch will be base game. It's been mentioned too much in the trailer. It will be like a basketball court, you can put it in any world you want - as long as you have the pack.

Possibly we'll get some Thai inspired food, hairstyles and clothing, to tease the content and world. Otherwise I have a hard time imagining what we'll get, but then I suck at guessing. I'll just wait and see I suppose. :smile:

I would love the world map update however. With weather control, seasons control, holiday control (on a world by world basis) and club control. A simmer can dream...

Oh yes, seasons control is a big one. I love how TS3 did it. You have all 4, but you can either change the length in days of each season cycle or you can toggle an entire season off all together if you want. TS4 desperately needs a system like that.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I hope we get a nice surprise. Unfortunately the sims team already debunked the most logical additions I would associate with for rent : high buildings (6 levels for example) or more sims per household.
    there seemed to be a sim speaking sign language in the for rent reveal trailer, so i really hope sign language is coming to the base game

This would be an interesting addition. Let's hope this is possible.