Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quote/Catchphrase Association Game

Hi everyone! This is my first discussion and I decided to play a little game as stated in the title. The rules of this are simple - the first comment above will say a quote/catchphrase that's associated with either a real life person or a fictional character and the next comment afterwards will have to guess where the quote came from and who said it. The game starts over once someone gives out the correct answer and it continues with a new quote and so on. To me, everyone is a winner no matter what, even if you get the answer wrong. Hopefully you guys have fun with this game, especially if you're a pop culture fan...like me! 👑

I'll start first - Endure and survive.
6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥

Comments

• Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,770 Member
    Cool game idea!

I'm afraid I've never heard the quote above but I'll guess... The slogan for the Hunger Games in the Hunger Games series?

Does the next player get to say a quote after their guess, or do we have to get it right first?

I'll give a quote anyway. Sorry if I've got the game slightly wrong:

"I'm so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis."
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    edited November 2023
    Cool game idea!

I'm afraid I've never heard the quote above but I'll guess... The slogan for the Hunger Games in the Hunger Games series?

Does the next player get to say a quote after their guess, or do we have to get it right first?

I'll give a quote anyway. Sorry if I've got the game slightly wrong:

"I'm so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis."

I'm glad that you think it's a cool idea. I wasn't sure if anyone was going to comment on it...until I saw yours. Since you don't know where the quote came from and who said it, I'll give you a pass and let you know the answer.

The "endure and survive" quote came from the video game The Last of Us and is said by one of the lead characters, Ellie Williams. Since I gave you the answer, the game starts over when someone comments a new quote/catchphrase and everyone has to guess where it came from and who said it. The game starts over yet again when someone comments the correct answer.
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    TebanGreenTebanGreen Posts: 54 Member
    I wear a Fez now. Fezzes are cool.
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    TebanGreen wrote: »
    I wear a Fez now. Fezzes are cool.

This one is difficult but I'm going to try it anyways. I'm guessing it's from Doctor Who and spoken by the Doctor themself? Idk, I tried. 🤷‍♀️
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg