Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most important idea/wish for the Neighborly EP

83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,585 Member
edited September 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
We don't know what awaits us yet, but my number 1 wish when I heard we'll get a "neighborly" EP was an overhaul of lot visitors.

Just like a pet can visit a lot with their owner, I'm dying to see the same for households / groups of Sims connected to each other. Ever since Dine Out, I've been longing to see this.

-Please bring back the TS2 option to invite a whole household over from the relationship panel.
-Please make it so that whole families can spawn as visitors at Community lots. I'd especially love to see toddlers and children accompanied by their patents/grandparents/elder siblings and couples or best friends spending quality time together.
(-While your at it, please fix the recent oversight and add a Horse hangout lot trait.)

That would be a true game changer for me.

What's your wish? Would you support mine?
Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
Post edited by 83bienchen on

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,979 Member
    I totally support above (one reason I use restaurantguestoverhaul), but yes at regular communitylot, please.

As a lot trait, for example , as I don't want that in bars or nightclubs.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,407 Member
    It's a mystery why toddlers are not allowed to spawn.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,600 Member
    Yes to all this OP especially inviting the entire family household and infants and toddlers should be free to roam around the neighborhood like they're family I would also like strollers as well to be in the neighborhood.

Also I would like toddlers and infants at dine out so toddlers can eat with the family.

The entire point of freeing the babies was freeing the babies I want infants to travel with parents npc wise like I want to travel my playing family to ab area and see both npc infants and toddlers with the family. We have a recreation center an area dedicated to both toddlers and infants a splash pad as but we don't see infants nor toddlers there. Also how are they going to be introduced to other infants and toddlers???
  • Options
    SimmingBee90SimmingBee90 Posts: 24 Member
    Like those ideas. Wonderful.

As for Neighborly theme, idk, just more gameplay and animations/interactions for everybody. Im hoping there's some grand scheme improvements. A new world thats not more of the same of what we already have. And I really like the idea of possibly cars. Idk. When's the reveal?
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,116 Member
    edited October 2023
    • Garage sales
    • Childrens and teens bands
    • Communitary composting and recycle stands (could require Eco Lifestyle)
    • Communitary pets adoption (requires Cats & Dogs)
    • Dog walker (requires Cats & Dogs)
    • Kids and teens can offer services to neighbors like lawn mowing, pool cleaning, leaves raking and snow shoveling (the last two could requires Seasons)
    • Lemonade and bake stands for childrens
    • Water pressure issues in the neighborhood (if multiples plumbing items are working at the same time, neighbors will complain. Water heater could solve that issue)
    • New harvestables for communitary gardens
    • Apple blobbing
    • Communitary swimming pool with new items like diving board and slides
    • Newspaper return
    • Burglar and police officer return
    • Cars and bicycles restoration
    • New playground items
    • Pool table update
    • Cars update
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,980 Member
    edited October 2023
    Toggles for randomized townies so I can disable game from spawning them and make it use existing sims

but also so we can choose which households are allowed to show up in which worlds or choose our own npc or such

I think this would make neighbors feel more like neighbors in the game rather than random sims that exist only to walk past your house once and then game creates new walkby sim again and again and again

but yeah thats more like update stuff
    as for ep itself I'm hoping its either like freetime/apartmentlife or urbz/showtime
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EnRouteEnRoute Posts: 12 New Member
    @83bienchen
    This should have been included in the base game already. The appearance of the characters in a public place is currently more random than life-like. I am not saying that all members of a family must be always together everywhere, but the game really should control more consciously the movements of friends and married couples in the city.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,985 Member
    edited October 2023
    83bienchen wrote: »
    We don't know what awaits us yet, but my number 1 wish when I heard we'll get a "neighborly" EP was an overhaul of lot visitors.

Just like a pet can visit a lot with their owner, I'm dying to see the same for households / groups of Sims connected to each other. Ever since Dine Out, I've been longing to see this.

-Please bring back the TS2 option to invite a whole household over from the relationship panel.
    -Please make it so that whole families can spawn as visitors at Community lots. I'd especially love to see toddlers and children accompanied by their patents/grandparents/elder siblings and couples or best friends spending quality time together.
    (-While your at it, please fix the recent oversight and add a Horse hangout lot trait.)

That would be a true game changer for me.

What's your wish? Would you support mine?

I like your idea very much, I wish families could show up together at family lots too. I want my toddlers to be able to meet each other, but without going to someone’s house, that doesn’t seem possible. I can understand not wanting toddlers ( or infants ) showing up at lots by themself, but with a parent, grandparent, teen brother or sister, I think that would be really nice. It would also be nice to see couples show up together sometimes too. I would love to see families show up at community lots, and I would love to be able to invite an entire family or at least certain members of it ( even if the sim doesn’t know all of them ), over to the house together. I want my toddlers to be able to meet each other at community lots, and at their own homes. I think this would be good to add to the base game.

I also want a costume category so my sims show up to costume parties and Geek Con in an outfit I picked out for them, I play rotationally, and my sims know each other

I would also love to see a new lot trait like simple living, but for clothing and accessories, so the person on that lot would have to open up that top, or that bottom, or that shoe, or that earring etc. Before they can use it. It would make playing a rags to riches more exciting, and give my sims a reason for buying clothing from a store. Of course we also need changing rooms, and clothing racks/jewelry counters/shoe racks etc. we can buy such things from.

Also I’m really wanting more Romantic features, online dating, blind dates, Romantic turn on’s and turn offs. Bear rug with romantic features, playing footsie in restaurants, a single sim calling and asking your single sim on a date ( not a rabbit hole), etc. some Romantic places to send sims. Being able to buy perfume ( scents ), boxed candy, blown glass necklaces and earrings etc. for your sims to give as romantic gifts. Can we give all collectibles as romantic gifts? If not, we should be able to.

Some of the things I would like to see in the new pack ( I know all won’t be included, but a few would be nice) are:

Apartments
    Duplexes
    Hotel/Motels
    Bed and breakfast
    Malls
    Combined lots, such as retail, restaurant, gym etc.
    Cars/motorcycles, mechanic job mechanic hobby
    New collection (s)
    Festivals similar to the City living ones
    Zoo’s, amusement & water parks, lot type we can ……..make and at least some rides we can see ………our sims on
    A Movie theatre lot we can make with a ticket …….booth,And concession stand with popcorn, ……..candy, Hot dogs, and Soda & changing
    ……..movie titles ( not a rabbit hole theatre )

More jobs, I loved the jobs with work places, but we should also be able to work from home with them too, or send them to work alone. I like that we can choose any of the 3. It would also be nice if we could take family leave from a job instead of having to quit it if we want our sims to stay home with the children. Also more part time jobs, and freelance jobs are always welcome.

Some single type items I would like to see are:

Pool table
    Volleyball for multiple player
    Being able to toss a baseball back and forth
    between children through elder
    Sewing machine that uses patterns for clothes,
    ……stuffed animals, rag dolls, throw pillows,
    …….curtains, bed throws, sofa throws etc.
    ……. a color wheel for these patterns would be
    …. .. great!
    Single arcade games /arcade lot type
    Exercise bike
    Pool slide and regular diving board
    Round pools
    Blender and juicer
    Orange tree
    Lime tree
    Corn plant
    Wheat plant
    Flour mill
    Grocery produce bins you could put in retail.
    Being able to buy prepped food
    Newspapers with birth announcements, jobs, etc.
    Magazines that help you add traits, or skills.
    Trikes for toddlers
    Push toys for toddlers
    Skateboards for teens and children.
    Surfing
    More pets, snake, tarantula, lizard, birds, Ferret, etc.

A different type of world would be nice….. I would even love a jungle world sometime that sims can live in.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Great ideas, everyone! Thank you.

Just wanted to mention that I did not draw a line here between (possible) pack features and features we get alongside the pack as a free update. I was more focused on what I want then in how we'll get it. EA will normally only choose one free BG feature alongside a new pack and I'm not the one to dictate that decision.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I like this idea, except I don't want to see infants at community lots. I'm not sure that Sims would be able to properly take care of their infants autonomously. Either that or I worry that's all they'll probably want to do and that they won't interact with the lot properly. In the past, whenever my Sim visited homes with newborns, my Sims always had to take care of them before they got taken away.
  • Options
    I fear that's a valid concern, @haneul .
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm all for invite family to community lots the more options the better.

For patch obviously cars they should also overhaul neighborhoods to not be so boring. Make it so you see your neighbors outside working in their garden or the kids in the treehouse make neighborhoods less closed off they're small enough as is. Also add in game play through decorative lots in the neighborhoods like High School Years has a gas station outside the school it should have had some type of gameplay to it like teens could go get snacks after school. We need more open areas but that play more like community lots.

If the pack neighborly I want to see nothing but group activities and expanded neighborhood gameplay be it a baseball field in the world a skatepark a game of pool multiple Sims can play together no single Sim objects.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 300 Member
    Would like them also to add option in settings to raise household limits without mods, so you could actually have big family gathering without having to need to make it into a medalist event thing. Because I honestly feel like events take the joy out of it, where it becomes more about reaching certain goals in a brief time span than actual socializing gameplay. So to say least not a big fan of event systems.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    @DKguruArtist
    Every event in TS4 can be held as one without goals.

Awesome ideas, @ChadSims2!

---
    I was hoping there'd be some kind of leak this week-end. This theme hast have great potential and I'm eager to learn more.