Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another Kit (?) Idea

This may be pushing the boundaries of what a kit could/should be, but I personally would pay $5 for a "New Jobs" Kit, or $10 for a Stuff Kit. The kit could feature a few new careers and related CAS and build/buy reward items. I personally would like to see such careers as Architect, Fashion Designer/Model, Animal care/zookeeper, Dentist, Therapist … and even do some "blue collar" like lumberjack, mechanic, construction, delivery driver, laborer. Not every career has to make our Sims a millionaire so you could cap some of these jobs off at 5 levels, like the fisherman career.
It would also be cool if this kit/pack could let us assign jobs like Librarian, Post Office Worker, Repairperson and Barista/Bartender so that our Sims would be the ones doing these jobs around town.
This kit/pack could also be a good place to introduce quirkier careers that might not fit into the scope of an EP or GP/SP, such as the old Circus Career from Sims 1, or the Adventurer career from Sims 2.
Perhaps it could even include some more Teen/Part Time jobs like Movie Theater worker, etc.
In short, more jobs and careers, please!

Comments

• Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    Honestly, this sounds like a game pack at least. Maybe a stuff pack if you're making all of the jobs bare bones rabbit hole careers with no special interactions or benefits.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    This may be pushing the boundaries of what a kit could/should be, but I personally would pay $5 for a "New Jobs" Kit, or $10 for a Stuff Kit. The kit could feature a few new careers and related CAS and build/buy reward items. I personally would like to see such careers as Architect, Fashion Designer/Model, Animal care/zookeeper, Dentist, Therapist … and even do some "blue collar" like lumberjack, mechanic, construction, delivery driver, laborer. Not every career has to make our Sims a millionaire so you could cap some of these jobs off at 5 levels, like the fisherman career.
    It would also be cool if this kit/pack could let us assign jobs like Librarian, Post Office Worker, Repairperson and Barista/Bartender so that our Sims would be the ones doing these jobs around town.
    This kit/pack could also be a good place to introduce quirkier careers that might not fit into the scope of an EP or GP/SP, such as the old Circus Career from Sims 1, or the Adventurer career from Sims 2.
    Perhaps it could even include some more Teen/Part Time jobs like Movie Theater worker, etc.
    In short, more jobs and careers, please!

you can download additional careers @DarrellRBeebe skys the limit with whats out there.
    only most are not active careers- I want more active careers, especially architect, (i mean that's what the game is mostly about), but that's feels like a game pack level- Hell I have already asked them for it to bean expansion pack with a new world, city, were height restrictions are no longer a thing.

All of you suggestions are great and I have wished the same. I had the mods, but because my mod folder got out of hand, I took them out excessive mods and try to "play the game." Still hoping me get more active careers, zoos, more animals and maybe even safari. Strange because every pack, even kits, could propose a new career in the theme. That would keep the game exciting.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    These are the Kits I want, if it doesn't go into Base:
    Spiral Stairs Kit
    Drums Kit
    New Hairstyle Kit
    Futuristic Fashion Kit
    Futuristic Build Mode Objects Kit

AND

Canadian Thanksgiving Kit

Ok, Ok, that last Kit is a long shot.
    :D:p:);)
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I would definitely prefer to give my Sims some of the service job's you mentioned. We need more labor jobs. I already use a mod to do this but it would be more convenient if we could do it through the job panel. I would like to have my sims work part-time as even the landlord for apartments.
  • Options
    DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    Honestly, this sounds like a game pack at least. Maybe a stuff pack if you're making all of the jobs bare bones rabbit hole careers with no special interactions or benefits.

Eleri, I love your signature! Cracked me up! :smile:
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    I've always said I'd never buy a kit, but I can think of one exception. If there were a CAS kit just for toddlers and infants, or better yet, a kit for each of those life stages, I'd probably buy them. I have sooo many packs, including Toddler Stuff (but not Growing Together... still too many bugs for me), but there's still not enough variety in certain categories, IMO. Infants need more of everything, period. Toddlers need more sandals, sneakers, lace-ups, formal tops and bottoms, swimwear for boys, sweaters, jackets, sleepwear tops and bottoms, socks... I'd prefer a Stuff Pack (Early Years Stuff?) in terms of value for money, but since they're dead, I'd take a kit or two.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    TimaKamishiroTimaKamishiro Posts: 1 New Member
    hello creators, I have an idea for editing sims. to adjust the height of the sim(Characters).
    And I also have an idea for another set. ;) NARUTO set B)
    I would like to buy such a set. :)
    One more hairstyle idea. To be able to add bangs, ponytails, or creatively adjust the length of the hair.

Thank you very much.
    I love my sims and crafting.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    hello creators, I have an idea for editing sims. to adjust the height of the sim(Characters).
    And I also have an idea for another set. ;) NARUTO set B)
    I would like to buy such a set. :)
    One more hairstyle idea. To be able to add bangs, ponytails, or creatively adjust the length of the hair.

Thank you very much.
    I love my sims and crafting.

I love so much! I have mods for this. The creators said it's not in architecture because they were trying to alter heights for teens and kissing hugging interactions were messed up. I dont have this problem with me game with the mods so I dont understand the hold up.

Cas is really lacking. I would like to layer. like bathing suit cover up, another layer.

I'd like a gameplay kit like dust the bust, and I wish blooming rooms kit and indoor plants could be cared for like other plants.

Just little slight gameplay added feels rewarding. If at the release of a kit, they could make an update to the base game to encourage the sale of a kit, I am sure marketing wise they would sell more. It's a live update game and possible. Little things like watering indoor plants, or introducing more layering to cas would be rad.
  • Options
    LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    These are the Kits I want, if it doesn't go into Base:
    Spiral Stairs Kit
    Drums Kit
    New Hairstyle Kit
    Futuristic Fashion Kit
    Futuristic Build Mode Objects Kit

AND

Canadian Thanksgiving Kit

Ok, Ok, that last Kit is a long shot.
    :D:p:);)

I have a suggestion that is for the horse stuff kit/stuff pack like they make horse armor to match the knight armor from get together and also bring samurai armor for Sims and horses
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited October 2023
    Makeup Kit

We need more & better different styles of makeup in cas. Maybe EA can once again callab with any CC creators to help create more unique makeup.