Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone tested Snowy Escape repellants on Jungle Adventure? Or vise-versa?

So I had a thought as I was getting the repellants ready to go on a hike around Mt. Komorebei, has anyone ever tested to see if the repellants introduced in Snowy Escape work in Selvadorada and if the Selvadoradan ones work in Mt. Komorebei? I know there some overlap in like bats and spiders so I'd wonder if they'd work.

(Also would make living in a Creepy Crawly house easier since you can purchase the repllants on a computer)
Townie/NPC lore nerd!

Comments

• Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited September 2023
    [Re-testing for accuracy]
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    The one thing that does work is the insect repellant herbal remedy from outdoor retreat. If your sim applies it beforehand (just being in your sim's inventory doesn't work) then it can protect them from some of the attacks in Selvadorada (such as the bees). I haven't tested it in Mt Komorebi.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    The one thing that does work is the insect repellant herbal remedy from outdoor retreat. If your sim applies it beforehand (just being in your sim's inventory doesn't work) then it can protect them from some of the attacks in Selvadorada (such as the bees). I haven't tested it in Mt Komorebi.
    I'll have to re-test that when I get the chance. When I tried it some years ago it did nothing to repel the insects in Belomisia.
    Was your sim low-skilled?
    Did the notification mention the repellant?
    Which animation played when the bees attacked?
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    I'll have to re-test that when I get the chance. When I tried it some years ago it did nothing to repel the insects in Belomisia.

Are you sure it didn’t work before? I discovered this right after JA released and checked again before I posted the message so it’s not a recent change.

It’s definitely the repellant:

“A swarm of bees is descending on [Sim]!
    He isn’t too worried though. He had remembered to use some Insect Repellent and he is pretty sure these bees won’t like that one bit.”
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    Are you sure it didn’t work before? I discovered this right after JA released and checked again before I posted the message so it’s not a recent change.

It’s definitely the repellant:

“A swarm of bees is descending on [Sim]!
    He isn’t too worried though. He had remembered to use some Insect Repellent and he is pretty sure these bees won’t like that one bit.”
    Pretty sure, so it's possible there was something wrong on my end, be it my fault or no.

Either way, it's an opportunity to re-test, and that's always enjoyable. Thanks for the confirmation.

I'll update my previous answer once I have done a thorough re-test to ensure I didn't miss anything else.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    An update regarding my previous answer:

Snowy Escape's adventure gear and Selvadorada's repellents/relief do not work vice-versa, the beekeeper's suit from Seasons also does not work, and Outdoor Retreat's Herbalist potions do not work for Mt. Komorebi's "wildlife".

That said (as pointed out by @Childrenofhurin ) Outdoor Retreat's Herbalist potions - specifically the 'Insect Repellent Liniment' and 'Soothing Skin Balm' - work to repel and soothe the effects of Belomisia's Bees and Spiders (unless one receives the "Feeling Icky" moodlet which progresses to poison). Indirectly, the 'De-stressing Decoction' works to relieve the Tense moodlet from Fire Flies, whilst the 'Deodorizing Cream' (same as the 'Waterfall In a Bottle') replenishes the hygiene loss from their attack.

Mt. Komorebi's denizens are tied directly to their respective adventure gear, and whilst I'm sure there are other ways to relieve their effects (as well as Lightning Bugs and Plasma Bats from Belomisia), anything further would be outside of the scope of this endeavour.