Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I probably know the answer but...

A) Is there a way to save a single Sim to the gallery rather than the entire household?
In TS3 there was.

B) Is there a way to save your Sim to the gallery that defaults them to a neutral state? (eg: no bonus traits, no skills, no body condition, etc.)
In TS3 they kept traits they gained from college, and maxing their career, but having um-teen traits on a new save is silly.

It would be really inconvenient if I had to recreate the Sim from scratch since there is no way to see how I had their look set up. In TS3 you could get CC that allowed numerical sliders. Cause again, it would be silly to start a Sim with progress they made from a previous save. You would have nothing to do with them.
~Long Live TS3~

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    A ) You can delete all the other household members while editing the household in CAS, save the one sim you want to your library (and I suppose the gallery, too), and then exit CAS without saving so the other sims won't stay gone.

B ) No, not really. Any sim you save to the gallery will keep all the traits and skills they have at that point in the game. If you have Get To Work, you can use an upgraded cloning machine to clone the sim in question. If I remember correctly, the clone doesn't inherit the skills and completed aspirations of the original sim, only their looks, and also gets a new name that you can easily change.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    If you can use mods, MCCC has an option to paste an existing Sims appearance onto a new Sim (as long as they are in the same age group).
  • Options
    ArtaziousArtazious Posts: 34 Member
    A) Yes you can save just one Sim to the gallery. Just make sure your Sim has a name, ambition and traits otherwise he/she can't be saved. If part of a household delete the other members and then save your Sim.

If you find a way with B let me know cause this is something I'm trying to do too lol XD