Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monster under the bed

Is there something particular about "The Monster under the bed" that makes it happen. Because it seems with me that every single kid sees the monster and wakes up the adults. With twins in my current game no one has gotten a restful nights sleep for a long time.

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Put the night lights above the bed. They’re in the child’s room light. Some packs come with different variations
  • Options
    SolomuttSolomutt Posts: 49 Member
    Put the night lights above the bed. They’re in the child’s room light. Some packs come with different variations
    Thanks!

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Having the kid sleep in a top bunk will work too.
    There is also a Monster-Proof bed in I believe the Snowy Escape pack.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member

Sleeping in a double bed also works to avoid monsters.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I turn off the monster under the bed with MCC. It really gets on my nerves!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I finally have Child Sims in my game. It's been awhile. No lights this time around, but two of the three Child Sims have had some issues with the Monster. Melodie is just savvy enough I may have her make a friend of the beastie. LOL I have to say for me in RL, when I was a kid it wasn't the monster under the bed, but the monster in the closet. To this day I have trouble sleeping in a room where a door is partially open. Hard to turn off the imagination, much. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I finally have Child Sims in my game. It's been awhile. No lights this time around, but two of the three Child Sims have had some issues with the Monster. Melodie is just savvy enough I may have her make a friend of the beastie. LOL I have to say for me in RL, when I was a kid it wasn't the monster under the bed, but the monster in the closet. To this day I have trouble sleeping in a room where a door is partially open. Hard to turn off the imagination, much. :open_mouth:

I have never managed to be friends with the monster under the bed and now I have to have the nightlight. Wonder if I could try it again.

Also, monster in the closet was just the inspiration for Monsters Inc.. My two daughters are in love with that film randomly at the minute. :D
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I normally use the toy or lamp to avoid it, but every now and then I forget, and I find it interesting to observe the kid's reaction. Some do try to befriend the monster (by free will), instead of waking up the entire house. One night is all they get though :) Makes me wonder what features I have missed re befriending the monster...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    For some reason I always get my Sim kids to talk and make friends with the monster - maybe I’m just mean or something. I try to catch them before they wake up their parents, so at least the parents get a good night’s sleep. And then I get the kids to keep trying until they can talk to the monster and eventually tell it to go away.
  • Options
    MiddayMidday Posts: 32 Member
    I feel like it's been happening even more lately! Without the nightlight my kids wake up almost every night to a monster. Definitely get the nightlight.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2023
    I hate that we don't have a lot of options for night lights. I've seen others claim there are certain lights and even a wall decal that work but it wasn't the case for me. I always size down that really ugly original BG night light instead placing it close to the bed. Spray for monsters too if needed. Honestly a chore but at the same time I can't bring myself to mod it out. I still like the idea of monsters under the bed but it's a bit out of control sometimes. Every night and the kids are failing at school now because their sleep schedule is messed up? oof

That's interesting. I wonder why sleeping on the top bunk for one of the twins in my game made no difference. It was annoying because you can't spray the top bunk for monsters. It wasn't the Snowy Escape bed though. Good to know! :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/